Boudewijn

Allen Robinson 2020 Outlook

5 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

What kind of league are you getting Arob in round 5 of? Lol

it's a competitive league with 12 teams, but RBs were going fast and WRs pushed back creating value in the mid rounds.

Edited by nk2333

How on earth did that bum Trubisky beat out Foles?  I don't think this will last long.  

Robinsons ceiling is capped with Trub. Dont get me wrong, Robinson will be good with even Trub just like last year (Hopefully......) but I HIGHLY believe that Robinson's cieling is Much higher with Foles throwing it to him.. IMO

I think given the Covid situation that it would be extremely unlikely for Foles to beat Trubisky before the season starts. But give it a few games. It’s just a matter of time before Foles is the starter. What Foles has shown us vs what Trubisky has done at the qb position is pretty much night and day.

I don't think that having Trubiski as the starting QB would have a negative impact on Robinson.

I had him on my team last year and I thought he was pretty much consistent (except from that Philly game) even with one of the worst QB in league throwing balls to him. A-Rob is a talented receiver, he finished 8th in PPR and I still think that at his average ADP and auction price might be a great value pick.

Edited by mrmorell

1 minute ago, mrmorell said:

I don't think that having Trubiski as the starting QB would have a negative impact on Robinson.

I had him on my team last year and I thought he was pretty much consistent (except from that Philly game) even with one of the worst QB in league throwing balls to him, he finished 8th in PPR and I still think that at his average ADP and auction price might be a great value pick.

Indeed, with Trub Robinson is still a great FF wr. With Foles, he could be Elite though. 

• Like 4

The good thing is Trubisky will have a very short leash and if he wants to keep his job he’ll have to lean on his alpha WR. 

Outside of full-point PPR, I'm just not really sure I smell the upside here.

47 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Outside of full-point PPR, I'm just not really sure I smell the upside here.

agreed- Boring wr2/3 pick this year IMO 

53 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

agreed- Boring wr2/3 pick this year IMO 

That seems like a mega over reaction. He was a WR1 last year with Trubisky/Daniel. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

That seems like a mega over reaction. He was a WR1 last year with Trubisky/Daniel. 

Exactly, and I honestly expected Mitch to be the starter anyway to start the year. You can’t go back to Mitch if Foles wins the job outright. They want him to succeed. Seems to be a lot of overreacting to something that’s really value neutral.

So same QB situation as last year, no real addition of anyone to take targets, current injuries to the RB core, team is favored in only like 5-6 so tons of volume. What I actually see here is a very, very safe WR pick.

I think he’s almost guaranteed to be a WR1. He just may not have the upside to be THE WR1.

With Trubisky being the starter (not for long, IMO), Robinson is already a low WR1. That’s proven by the 98 receptions last year despite the horrendous QB play in CHI. When he gets benched for Foles, Robinson will still maintain that status because he’s by far their best WR option & a target hog. If you go RB-RB, he’s a fine choice to be your top WR, and an awesome 2 if things fall that way 

• Like 1

I’m pretty bummed Foles didn’t win the job.  Part of the appeal of Robinson was the possibility of Foles coming in and expanding Robinson’s ceiling from week 1 on.  Doesn’t mean it can’t happen later but it likely won’t be happening anytime soon.  Also dings their ability to build chemistry.

• Like 1

Am I too high on ARob this year? I took him at the beginning of the third over guys like Moore, Thielen, Amari , OBJ. I just feel he’s more valuable in PPR than those other 2nd/3rd round WRs

was not on my radar at all but value is too good to pass up when he falls due to not being a sexy pick. reminds me of drafting doug baldwin back in the day.

For those of you upset that Trubisky is starting Week 1: I'm sure he'll screw things up soon enough.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ZappB said:

For those of you upset that Trubisky is starting Week 1: I'm sure he'll screw things up soon enough.

Yeah I honestly don't see how this changes things much. This was always plan A for the Bears, and then Foles will take over later. But again, Robinson has produced with a wild variety of QBs, and he doesn't need much.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Yeah I honestly don't see how this changes things much. This was always plan A for the Bears, and then Foles will take over later. But again, Robinson has produced with a wild variety of QBs, and he doesn't need much.

Yeah, He produced with Trubisky last year, not sure why Trubisky this year would worry anyone. 

I went WR heavy last year because that's where the value was, and had a great team which included Robinson. I ended up employing the same strategy this year but didn't end up with him. However, I fully expect ARod to be a major asset to his fantasy team's and return great value for his ADP once again.

Well, in my mocks I was targeting A. Miller as a sleeper WR late in the draft and thought it was awesome value, so was prepping to do it again.... buuuuut I ended up with Robinson haha. It was mid round 4 and it was between him and DJ Moore, with a notable drop after them IMO. Sooo, I've never owned him, never been too enthusiastic about him, but I thought the value was there and pulled the trigger. Here's to hoping he makes me look smart haha

I didn’t know Foles wasn’t starting when I drafted him as my WR1 a few hours hours... ugh. 

3 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

I didn’t know Foles wasn’t starting when I drafted him as my WR1 a few hours hours... ugh. 

haha yeah I drafted him yesterday (Sunday) completely assuming Foles would be the named QB haha