Boudewijn

Allen Robinson 2020 Outlook

Just now, BallinOnnaBudget said:

haha yeah I drafted him yesterday (Sunday) completely assuming Foles would be the named QB haha

Currently me

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47i74bezfjnh3auwhiw3s

I am a new Robinson owner.....I have read that he is trubisky's favorite target. I can assume that Foles would only be an upgrade if he were to fill in down the line. Maybe i'm wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jkendrick2 said:

I am a new Robinson owner.....I have read that he is trubisky's favorite target. I can assume that Foles would only be an upgrade if he were to fill in down the line. Maybe i'm wrong.

I don't think it really matters that much, honestly. If you think Foles is that much better, maybe they sustain more drives, but I don't. I think they're both meh. The thing with Mitch is that there's still a small chance he bounces back this year. It doesn't even need to be a mental step forward (which, imo, he will never take :\), if his shoulder is healthy and he can run a little bit again it will help the offense a lot.

• Like 2

Yeahhhhh, man, this is probably the pick I'm most stressed about. 

I coulda had DJ Moore. 

I already feel a little regret, hope it stays little hahaa. 

LET'S F-ING GO AROB

For everyone stressing Trubisky as the starter,  he was also the starter last year and Robinson was great.  He's a baller and will show up no matter who is throwing him the ball this year. He was a 1 with Bortles ffs.

32 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I coulda had DJ Moore. 

LET'S F-ING GO AROB

I'm in the same boat, was tossing up between him and Moore and went with him.

Still kinda praying that Foles eventually takes over as starter, but he put up low end WR1 numbers even with Trubisky being horrific last year.

• Like 1

Fantasy footballers podcast had an interesting tidbit about how everyone was hurt the past six weeks of the season. He was on pace for like 180 targets bc of that if I recall correctly. They were estimating his targets going down to like 100-120 and that would really kill his production even though he has all the talent in the world

7 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Fantasy footballers podcast had an interesting tidbit about how everyone was hurt the past six weeks of the season. He was on pace for like 180 targets bc of that if I recall correctly. They were estimating his targets going down to like 100-120 and that would really kill his production even though he has all the talent in the world

True but Gabriel also gone from the team and the Bears have 112 vacated targets from last year.  

34 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

True but Gabriel also gone from the team and the Bears have 112 vacated targets from last year.  

The AROB hype train rolls on. 

Let's GOOOO!!!!

• Haha 4

Trubisky is better for ARob than Foles tbh. He has proven to produce with Mitch. No reason he won't again. They will need him to be a WR1 to be a competitive team.

The other receivers might be healthier this year but still not healthy enough to catch passes from Trubisky. He magically throws better sometimes when he's targeting Robinson, and then Robinson bails him out a chunk of the time too. No one else on the Bears has that ability or that chemistry in a season like this.

You don't know what you're getting with Foles. He has had a couple magical seasons, but I'd be surprised if the Bears were a place he put it together. You know as bad as Trubisky is, he works with Robinson.

15 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I coulda had DJ Moore. 

LET'S F-ING GO AROB

I wouldn't worry too much about this unless it was full PPR. Obviously, who know what's going to happen, but I love DJ Moore and I still chose A-Rob over him in my core league. Would bet almost anything ARob comes home with more TDs.

15 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I coulda had DJ Moore. 

LET'S F-ING GO AROB

I bet you A rob out performs DJ Moore. It’s not like DJ Moore has the most stable qb situation either. 

10 hours ago, aapox said:

I wouldn't worry too much about this unless it was full PPR. Obviously, who know what's going to happen, but I love DJ Moore and I still chose A-Rob over him in my core league. Would bet almost anything ARob comes home with more TDs.

I picked Arob over Thielen for my WR1 in round 3 pick 8 after going Henry, Mixon, then Arob, Woods, Hilton, Ingram, White, Deebo, Ruggs. Good pick???

2 hours ago, Dboy94 said:

I picked Arob over Thielen for my WR1 in round 3 pick 8 after going Henry, Mixon, then Arob, Woods, Hilton, Ingram, White, Deebo, Ruggs. Good pick???

I would say so, but I picked ARob this year on my core team and I'm like 0/4 on Bears (my team) in my ~7 years...sooooo. What I like about ARob over Thielen is that he has some youth on his side. He's more in his physical prime. i.e. there's a better chance he holds up for 16. He's not the tactician that Thielen is, but he makes up for it with being a beast at the catch-point. They should both see plenty of targets, and Kirk's will be more accurate than Mitch or Nick's. I consider them to be super close, but Robinson in his prime really helps me pick him over Thielen.

EDIT:

Also, perfectly fine to play for 2 big RBs this year and take a guy like Robinson as a low-end 1. That's the ideal strategy I think if you're in the second half of the draft. 

Edited by aapox

The dude is looking for a new contract, maybe even a new team. Bears have yet to extend him(just a wonderfully run organization). I have no doubt he will ball out and land a big contract with a team somewhere else next year. 

EVERYONE IS ACTING LIKE NICK FOLES IS A GOD. HE HAD ONE GOOD GAME AND THAT WAS IN THE SUPERBOWL AGAINST MY NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS! STILL PISSED BUT WHATEVER. TRUBISKY HAS IMPROVED ALOT THEY SAID. SO IMAGINE BEATING FOLES IN CAMP WITH AN IMPROVED TRUBISKY AND THE NUMBERS THEY PUT TOGETHER LAST YEAR? BOOM BIG YEAR COMING FOR AROB! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dboy94 said:

EVERYONE IS ACTING LIKE NICK FOLES IS A GOD. HE HAD ONE GOOD GAME AND THAT WAS IN THE SUPERBOWL AGAINST MY NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS! STILL PISSED BUT WHATEVER. TRUBISKY HAS IMPROVED ALOT THEY SAID. SO IMAGINE BEATING FOLES IN CAMP WITH AN IMPROVED TRUBISKY AND THE NUMBERS THEY PUT TOGETHER LAST YEAR? BOOM BIG YEAR COMING FOR AROB! 

Your caps-lock is on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Your caps-lock is on.

ITS EASIER TO TYPE LIKE THIS LOL

Just now, Dboy94 said:

ITS EASIER TO TYPE LIKE THIS LOL

It's still on and it makes your posts unreadable. Would you mind turning it off?

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

It's still on and it makes your posts unreadable. Would you mind turning it off?

tenor.gif

What do you mean unreadable?

1 minute ago, Dboy94 said:

What do you mean unreadable?

Much better, thanks. Having caps-lock on makes it look like you're shouting, and all letters become an unreadable blur. Putting caps only where they belong (and not everywhere else) is common practice to make more sense of words, names and sentences, 

2 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Much better, thanks. Having caps-lock on makes it look like you're shouting, and all letters become an unreadable blur. Putting caps only where they belong (and not everywhere else) is common practice to make more sense of words, names and sentences, 

Oh thanks for the heads up lol! Go Arob!

• Haha 4