Boudewijn

Allen Robinson 2020 Outlook

15 hours ago, Dboy94 said:

EVERYONE IS ACTING LIKE NICK FOLES IS A GOD. HE HAD ONE GOOD GAME AND THAT WAS IN THE SUPERBOWL AGAINST MY NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS! STILL PISSED BUT WHATEVER. TRUBISKY HAS IMPROVED ALOT THEY SAID. SO IMAGINE BEATING FOLES IN CAMP WITH AN IMPROVED TRUBISKY AND THE NUMBERS THEY PUT TOGETHER LAST YEAR? BOOM BIG YEAR COMING FOR AROB! 

Pro-tip: You can conceal your stupidity better in lower-case.

• Haha 2

Locked and loaded. He's my WR2 and I'm hoping to be able to ride him as such. Chark could possibly take him over, but for now, he's locked in. LET'S GOO!!!

12 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Locked and loaded. He's my WR2 and I'm hoping to be able to ride him as such. Chark could possibly take him over, but for now, he's locked in. LET'S GOO!!!

Yes he's also WR7 on fantasy pros and Thielen is 12. Hope I made a good decision.

RB: Henry, Mixon, Ingram, White, James Robinson

WR: Allen Robinson, Woods, Hilton, Deebo, Ruggs, Hardman

16 hours ago, Dboy94 said:

EVERYONE IS ACTING LIKE NICK FOLES IS A GOD. HE HAD ONE GOOD GAME AND THAT WAS IN THE SUPERBOWL AGAINST MY NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS! STILL PISSED BUT WHATEVER. TRUBISKY HAS IMPROVED ALOT THEY SAID. SO IMAGINE BEATING FOLES IN CAMP WITH AN IMPROVED TRUBISKY AND THE NUMBERS THEY PUT TOGETHER LAST YEAR? BOOM BIG YEAR COMING FOR AROB! 

They always say Trubisky has improved. And he never does. Not even Bears fans believe it anymore - and that's coming from a Chicagoan. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

They always say Trubisky has improved. And he never does. Not even Bears fans believe it anymore - and that's coming from a Chicagoan. 

The media always takes it easy on chicago qb’s. Jay cutler deserved a lot more flack than what he got

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

The media always takes it easy on chicago qb’s. Jay cutler deserved a lot more flack than what he got

The bar is soooo low for any Chicago QB cuz they have all been ****. I'm convinced that franchise would ruin even Mahomes if he fell into their laps. 

Edited by noles1983
  • Like 1

His QB has actually never, at any point in ARob's career, capped his potential. He's like the antithesis of that. 

Dang, was hoping that last throw to the endzone was to our guy and not Miller (who I originally had targeted coming into the draft). Only silver lining may be that if Miller shows out, it could relieve a little pressure on Robinson. But yeah.... definitely has me a bit worried....

What’d you all think you were getting? This is typical Robinson stuff. He’s consistently a WR2/3 because of Trubisky with WR1 potential when Mitch isn’t playing like crap.

Solid day!

he wasn't drafted as a WR 2/3, he was being drafted in the top 10 in all PPR drafts.  So yes I was expecting more.

1 hour ago, Islanderman said:

he wasn't drafted as a WR 2/3, he was being drafted in the top 10 in all PPR drafts.  So yes I was expecting more.

I drafted him as a top 10 WR and I'm ok with him being a wr2. There's different rankings philosophies and some guys have enough of a floor to warrant being ranked higher. Some guys will finish above him in given weeks or in season long, but either had more risk built in at the draft or have more volatility week to week. A guy who finishes each week as the WR15 could feel like a poor return on draft capital but it just depends on team makeup and what you expected.

When drafting I figured guys like JuJu or AJ Brown had a higher ceiling than Robinson, but liked Robinson to have a safer floor and so had him ranked ahead. For now I feel fine about 5/74 on 9 targets.

Are you people on crack? You're panicking about Allen Robinson in week 1 after a 9 target game? Quit focusing on his stat line from the first game of the season and be happy that he is still on an insanely high target pace. The numbers will come on a team that will be playing from behind almost every week of the season. Man these threads are hilarious early in the season.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

Are you people on crack? You're panicking about Allen Robinson in week 1 after a 9 target game? Quit focusing on his stat line from the first game of the season and be happy that he is still on an insanely high target pace. The numbers will come on a team that will be playing from behind almost every week of the season. Man these threads are hilarious early in the season.

Well, to be fair, I was sketched out about ARob about 3 minutes after drafting him hahaa

Just now, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Well, to be fair, I was sketched out about ARob about 3 minutes after drafting him hahaa

No worries, I'm sure a smarter owner in your league will come calling. You don't have to keep him on your team.

23 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

No worries, I'm sure a smarter owner in your league will come calling. You don't have to keep him on your team.

Presumptuous much? What's it feel like being the smartest man on earth?

Must be quite the burden to only talk with people less intelligent than yourself haha

Get outta here with that BS. 

Nowhere did I mention looking to trade him, but I really do appreciate that I have your approval if I ever do decide to move him. Thanks Jerry

• Haha 1

He's on pace for 1168 yards.  I know it's 1 game but just putting things in perspective.  It wasn't horrible.  If he had a TD, we'd all be very happy.

• Like 1

The target share and air yards were there. He dropped a touchdown. Trubisky was pushing the ball down field more than I was expecting, he knows his job is on the line. He is what we thought he was, a high floor, relatively low ceiling WR1. 

• Like 1

I think the emergence of Miller will be mutually beneficial for both receivers. Bears look much better on offense.

In 2019, they averaged 17.5 pts per game, which was 4th worst in the league (ahead of garbage teams like Bengals, Jets and "Football Team")

In 2020, they are off to a great start with 27 points scored. They only scored more than 27 twice last year. Robinson is mid to low-end WR1 which potential for much more if the scoring opportunities continue. Miller probably on the WR2/3 borderline.

13 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

So apparently he deleted all Bears content from his social media

Hilarious. We've seen this same story with other players and it never leads to anything. I find it amusing that these players think something as silly as taking pictures off of Instagram is going to force a team to give in over millions of dollars in contract negotiations. Instagram pics are not leverage dudes.

38 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

So apparently he deleted all Bears content from his social media

I do the same thing when I break up with a girlfriend. 

Only I'm not under any sort of contractual obligations (God bless birth control). 

He's throwing a tantrum is what it sounds like.