Boudewijn

Allen Robinson 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Anyone worried? Or do you think he just wants an extension/more money and the Bears will give it to him?

Only people that should be worried are actual Bears fans. 
 

Pace has this undying Faith for Mitchell and will go down in flames with him. So he can’t sign/extend both at the same time(no money). 
 

ARob will continue to play well and earn himself a deserving contract. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pissed off WR in a contract year wanting to be paid (and possibly find a new home)? 

Here's to AROB gone wild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would assume this is motivation to play well.  However, are there any concerns of him possibly sitting out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Officially asked for a trade apparently. 

Overpay for him, BOB!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see him being more valuable anywhere he goes to be honest, even if he goes to a place like Philly with a huge upgrade at QB. I don't see him just walking into a new team and getting fed 150 targets like he got last year...it would be extremely difficult for him to join a new team and remain a top 10 fantasy WR. I hope I'm wrong because I own him, but a trade just seems like it would really downgrade his fantasy production. I don't mind his crappy QB play right now because he's at least getting force fed the ball in a system and QB that he knows well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patriots would be bad, Eagles I wouldn't mind.  But to stay with the Bears is gonna be a pain too.  He obviously doesn't want to be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has a number 1 ever gone to another team mid-season and returned comparable value?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Patriots would be bad, Eagles I wouldn't mind.  But to stay with the Bears is gonna be a pain too.  He obviously doesn't want to be there.

 

Yes but he also can't be demanding a new contract and/or trade and sucking on the field.  Imagine you're him....wouldn't you be giving 110% in this situation?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Has a number 1 ever gone to another team mid-season and returned comparable value?

Cooper went to Dallas mid season and put up 53 receptions on 76 targets, 725 yards and 6 touchdowns in 9 games. 

Edited by Rosenburger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I'd love for it to happen, I don't see any way the Texans bring him in after not wanting to pay Hopkins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The timing is highly suspect. Why did he do this after week 1? I didn’t hear anything about this in the off season. What a development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I don't see him being more valuable anywhere he goes to be honest, even if he goes to a place like Philly with a huge upgrade at QB. I don't see him just walking into a new team and getting fed 150 targets like he got last year...it would be extremely difficult for him to join a new team and remain a top 10 fantasy WR. I hope I'm wrong because I own him, but a trade just seems like it would really downgrade his fantasy production. I don't mind his crappy QB play right now because he's at least getting force fed the ball in a system and QB that he knows well.

 

Have you seen the Eagles WR corps? It's not just the upgrade he'll get; he IS the upgrade to that offense lol. No way he won't be peppered with targets if he lands there. I am hoping for either HOU/PHI/GB ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:

The timing is highly suspect. Why did he do this after week 1? I didn’t hear anything about this in the off season. What a development.

Probably because the Bears are refusing to negotiate a fair contract with him. I actually don't fault him one bit if that's the case, but for fantasy purposes (and to the Bears fans) I just wish they would have agreed to pay him.

 

2 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

 

Have you seen the Eagles WR corps? It's not just the upgrade he'll get; he IS the upgrade to that offense lol. No way he won't be peppered with targets if he lands there. I am hoping for either HOU/PHI/GB ... 

 

I agree that out of all places, Philly is the best fantasy destination for him, but I would still be skeptical of him getting tons of targets right away without knowing the playbook or having any time to develop chemistry with Wentz. For a real life standpoint though I would LOVE to see the Packers go for him, but I doubt Chicago would deal him to a divisional rival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I don't see him being more valuable anywhere he goes to be honest, even if he goes to a place like Philly with a huge upgrade at QB. I don't see him just walking into a new team and getting fed 150 targets like he got last year...it would be extremely difficult for him to join a new team and remain a top 10 fantasy WR. I hope I'm wrong because I own him, but a trade just seems like it would really downgrade his fantasy production. I don't mind his crappy QB play right now because he's at least getting force fed the ball in a system and QB that he knows well.

 

I would think quality of targets over quantity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can I see Pace trading him for alshon Jeffrey? Maybe eagles throw a TE in, because, you know, we need all the TE’s...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

How about a Robinson/Ertz swaparoo?

Now that would be interesting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Anyone worried? Or do you think he just wants an extension/more money and the Bears will give it to him?

I’m a little concerned about how this plays in the locker room & in the huddle. Is he getting vocal behind the scenes at Trubisky & Nagy? I’m sure he’s frustrated being stuck killing himself for crappy QB’s.
The Bears have a long history of being cheap, choosing “effort” at the expense of talent. I doubt they pay Robinson & they probably trade him for draft picks. They would rather draft a project who will be grateful for his draft spot & won’t be a tough negotiator (Trubisky) instead of a ready-made day 1 starter with a legitimate track record (Watson). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...