Boudewijn

Allen Robinson 2020 Outlook

He's a special talent. Remarkable that he wants to stay in Chicago, but if he does then pay the damn man.

14 minutes ago, brosephd said:

any chance he doesn't play this week

You hold out pre-season to avoid camp.  At this point you lose years accrued.

I think it's unwise to hold out at this point.  I believe there's a reason we've never seen it before (that I can recall).  Playing for a week or 2 and THEN holding out.

Seems to me like most holdouts are either to pressure team to pay up, or if negotiations have broken down and the bridge is burned to play as few games as possible while still accruing a season towards free agency. Bell’s was a weird case where he’d already accrued enough years for UFA and they franchised him and he could sit the whole year and still hit free agency. 

So I guess it’s possible ARob could holdout now and then come back later to play the rest of the games he needs to accrue the season but more likely he’s just pissed off and cooler heads will prevail soon. He may even get the squeaky wheel treatment

heard the gm is super cheap so who knows if he's willing to spend the big bucks

Completely wishful thinking since I own both, but a CHI/PHI trade; ARob for Ertz straight up - makes a ton of sense for both teams.

Goedert owns the short/intermediate field, ARob takes the outside. Big QB upgrade for ARob and I have to think he'd soak up targets there once up to speed - maybe after a couple games?

And Ertz is a great option for Trubisky who seems to not trust Graham. Plus it's Graham.

4 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Completely wishful thinking since I own both, but a CHI/PHI trade; ARob for Ertz straight up - makes a ton of sense for both teams.

Goedert owns the short/intermediate field, ARob takes the outside. Big QB upgrade for ARob and I have to think he'd soak up targets there once up to speed - maybe after a couple games?

And Ertz is a great option for Trubisky who seems to not trust Graham. Plus it's Graham.

Chicago trading their best offensive player for another TE, who in Chicago says no? Let’s add to our max capacity Tight End room.

Philly could work, but you like Trubisky forcing ARob the ball. Robinson almost scored vs Lions and if he did would of put up 18+ fantasy points. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JAG_challam said:

That is an awful trade for Chicago.

• Like 1

Reports are out Robinson wants 18m a year, which is very fair. Bears want to pay him 15m a year. Cheap organization.. unreal. 

• Like 2

If Woods and Kupp are getting 16 mil, then there's no way in hell Robinson should be offered 15m. The Bears are being cheap at the wrong time.

23 hours ago, JAG_challam said:

Makes no sense for the bears. They already have like 9 TEs on the roster, already paid graham and drafted one early. And to ship off the only reliable target for trubisky? The offense is s---y enough as it is. Unless your plan is for the bears to tank.

4 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

Reports are out Robinson wants 18m a year, which is very fair. Bears want to pay him 15m a year. Cheap organization.. unreal. 

Pace and Nagy need to go ASAP. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Makes no sense for the bears. They already have like 9 TEs on the roster, already paid graham and drafted one early. And to ship off the only reliable target for trubisky? The offense is s---y enough as it is. Unless your plan is for the bears to tank.

No, but I do like to win my fake football games 😂

• Like 1

The last 2 days local area talk radio here in Boston area have had discussio  about Patriots potentially trying to trade for Robinson to help their WR corps if they feel in the next couple games they truly have a shot to make it to another superbowl with Cam this time and aquiring a WR would give them a Much better passing game.

seems like you gotta handcuff robinson with miller in case of a trade.  hahah

The Bears are an absolute joke of an organization. They’re lowballing their WR1 while making a Tarik Cohen extension their priority before the week 2 game? 
RUFKM?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Just now, JAG_challam said:

Suppose Cohen gets a deal. And ARob doesn't. Is there any risk he'd not play?

Probably depends on the “progress” being made. If it falls apart, I could see him refusing to suit up after this

6 hours ago, JAG_challam said:

Suppose Cohen gets a deal. And ARob doesn't. Is there any risk he'd not play?

I doubt it, it wouldn't look good if he wants to hit the open market or be traded to get an extension.

I was going to trade for ARob w all my injuries. 

Sounds like I should be avoiding this situation??  Correct??

Edited by Cleanface