Boudewijn

Allen Robinson 2020 Outlook

7 hours ago, JAG_challam said:

Suppose Cohen gets a deal. And ARob doesn't. Is there any risk he'd not play?

The new collective bargaining agreement, signed in March, makes this very unlikely.

"A player shall not receive an Accrued Season for any League Year in which the player is under contract to a Club and in which (i) he failed to report to the Club's preseason training camp on that player's mandatory reporting date; or (ii) the player thereafter failed to perform his contract services for the Club for a material period of time, unless he demonstrates to the Impartial Arbitrator extreme personal hardship causing such failure to report or perform, such as severe illness or death in the family."

He’s a Bear for the remaining season. As a fan of Chicago This is very frustrating to watch ARob not get the contract he deserves. Then Woods gets extended yesterday, this guy must be so frustrated. Complete disrespect shown by the McCaskey family. 

I hope True Bitchsky at least recognizes that all he can do to help the man is pepper him with 15 targets or more a game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cleanface said:

I was going to trade for ARob w all my injuries. 

Sounds like I should be avoiding this situation??  Correct??

Nah, buy low if anything with the situation and his underwhelming but still decent week 1. I think it's super unlikely that he sits or this affects performance. He's the best player on that offense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kp96 said:

The new collective bargaining agreement, signed in March, makes this very unlikely.

"A player shall not receive an Accrued Season for any League Year in which the player is under contract to a Club and in which (i) he failed to report to the Club's preseason training camp on that player's mandatory reporting date; or (ii) the player thereafter failed to perform his contract services for the Club for a material period of time, unless he demonstrates to the Impartial Arbitrator extreme personal hardship causing such failure to report or perform, such as severe illness or death in the family."

I hope he doesn’t start getting migraines...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rigadoog said:

I doubt it, it wouldn't look good if he wants to hit the open market or be traded to get an extension.

It wouldn’t look like anything. Teams understand when a guy wants to get paid vs when a guy is just a flat out locker room cancer. Teams even have no problem giving up a ton of picks and money for a player that is a locker room cancer because he wants to get paid. 

14 hours ago, JAG_challam said:

Suppose Cohen gets a deal. 

DONE

14 hours ago, JAG_challam said:

And ARob doesn't. Is there any risk he'd not play?

My magic 8-ball. Click and drag to get your answer - GIF - Imgur

8 hours ago, kp96 said:

In English: He might as well have sat out the entire season if he doesn't play now.

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

It wouldn’t look like anything. Teams understand when a guy wants to get paid vs when a guy is just a flat out locker room cancer. Teams even have no problem giving up a ton of picks and money for a player that is a locker room cancer because he wants to get paid. 

Wanting to get paid and being locker room cancer are not mutually exclusive. It definitely wouldn't hurt his image if he keeps playing even when his value is being insulted in contract talks.

2 hours ago, rigadoog said:

Wanting to get paid and being locker room cancer are not mutually exclusive. It definitely wouldn't hurt his image if he keeps playing even when his value is being insulted in contract talks.

Exactly.  The best way for a player to put pressure on management for a new contract is for his teammates to vouch for him and, sometimes, even publicly complain on behalf of that player.  They won't do that if he's a cancer in the locker room.  Much more often than not, the guy goes out and plays hard for his teammates and lets his agent do the work.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Exactly.  The best way for a player to put pressure on management for a new contract is for his teammates to vouch for him and, sometimes, even publicly complain on behalf of that player.  They won't do that if he's a cancer in the locker room.  Much more often than not, the guy goes out and plays hard for his teammates and lets his agent do the work.

I believe there are at least some of the players vouching for him publicly.

On 9/19/2020 at 8:58 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

To be fair he deleted EVERYONE  that wasn't family.

But the whole story isnt as exciting

17 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Cohen and Miller both have

27 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Multiple teammates have. I don’t understand how you don’t pay this guy 18m a year. Robert Woods is getting 17 a year and Keenan Allen 17. Add on the recent Cohen extension and Ryan Pace is front runner for worst GM of the year! 

With how many great rookie wr’s this and last year, it may make sense for teams to take the rb approach to drafting much cheaper wr’s on rookie deals than overpaying for them, especially since this year they are even more injury prone than rb’s.

despite this contract/trade drama, I’ve grown appreciative of his safe floor so far versus all the injured wr’s drafted near or earlier than him.

3 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

Multiple teammates have. I don’t understand how you don’t pay this guy 18m a year. Robert Woods is getting 17 a year and Keenan Allen 17. Add on the recent Cohen extension and Ryan Pace is front runner for worst GM of the year! 

It’s weird.

Their QB is a bum so Robinson doesn’t have as good stats as he maybe should. I honestly think he’s a 1,300+ and 10+ TD guy with a solid QB. 

12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It’s weird.

Their QB is a bum so Robinson doesn’t have as good stats as he maybe should. I honestly think he’s a 1,300+ and 10+ TD guy with a solid QB. 

Allen is a freaking stud. Guaranteed if he ever plays with a B grade QB for once, he’d  easily reach these numbers.

I didn't catch the game today, so curious for anyone who watched...what was the reason for another lackluster performance?

Lol egg on my face, random waiver pickup would’ve done better, so picking someone who was out injured would’ve been preferable to him.

trubisky's fault or what? hoping get right matchup vs. atlanta next week. 

more bears wins, less chance of foles. 

He met a CB that he couldn’t shake - James Bradberry.  Mitch tried to force it to him in the 2nd half, and it resulted in 2 interceptions.