Boudewijn

Allen Robinson 2020 Outlook

18 hours ago, Gootz said:

I didn't catch the game today, so curious for anyone who watched...what was the reason for another lackluster performance?

1 hour ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

He met a CB that he couldn’t shake - James Bradberry.  Mitch tried to force it to him in the 2nd half, and it resulted in 2 interceptions.  

This has been the story of A-Rob's career and why he will never be paid like a top receiver. Top CBs tend to blank him. 

ATL should be a get right matchup with Indy, Carolina and Tampa on deck

Edited by Sizzlebshu

Yep! Allen Robinson is gonna kill it against Atlanta. There's no way he doesnt go off...he wants a new contract and against the shred-able Falcons, I see him going off for over 100 yards and at least 1 TD. It just has to happen, right?!

I said it after week 1 and now again.  I had immediate buyers remorse when I drafted this guy.  Offense is terrible, team is conservative with the bum at QB.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jkendrick2 said:

I'm holding onto hope that Mitch plays poorly and Foles gets in there.

This.

Does anyone really believe that Trubisky will hold onto that job all year long?

24 minutes ago, rasrar said:

This.

I didn't think so but the more wins they get, the more likely he stays as QB, in my opinion. They are 2-0 now. Winning cures everything.

Edited by jagsfan05

57 minutes ago, rasrar said:

This.

After the first 2 games...yeah, I do. Mitch has looked...good, all things considered. He's still been a bone-head at times but both games he has made big plays. Game-winning plays. 

3 hours ago, rasrar said:

Doesn't look like he will get traded. So what can we expect going forward? Worried about the lack or production, or intrigued by the number of targets? Is he a good buy low candidate?

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1305918808046084101?s=20

The Giants were really blanketing him with Bradberry and safety help, forcing Mitch to go to other options. The good news is that even though he did try to force feed A-Rob a little bit, it was just too tight to get completions most of the time. Additionally, other guys stepped up and helped move the ball. Other guys NOT named Anthony Miller.

I'd absolutely buy as a high end WR2. The overall offense, QB situation, and lack of help at other receiving makes me a little worried he won't make it back to WR1 territory, but me thinks this is your time to buy low before he drops 100 and a TD on Atlanta.

• Haha 1

If you drafted this guy, he was your WR1 most likely and you're gonna have to stick with it for now because his trade value (atm) is gonna be way lower than the early-round pick you burned on him.

• Like 1

if there ever was a get right matchup....its this week against the falcons. 

• Like 1

I just bought low on a share of him.

Lets hope he rights the ship going forward, baby!

Edited by gmoneypm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gmoneypm said:

I just bought low on a share of him.

Lets hope he rights the ship going forward, baby!

I just bought low as well.

Trubisky was his QB last year and ARob was still great. Have to think he rights the ship, right?

Bears upcoming schedule and fantasy playoffs schedule is great too.

• Like 1

What type of offers is landing Robinson? I want him in my dynasty

1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

This is a redraft league though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rasrar said:

This is a redraft league though

Oh damn! The other team owners anus must be sore and red after that trade...

• Haha 1

Just now, SyNdicateZ said:

Oh damn! The other team owners anus must be sore and red after that trade...

In his defense, he has 3 other strong WRs and found himself benching 1 each week. And his TE was Gronk. I'm actually really high on Goedert, I just had no use for him and largely spent FAAB on him as a trade chip. He also has no RB2 and wants to spend big on waivers this week.

But I'll save that discussion for another thread. I just hope Robinson delivers this weekend. According to PFF 47% of his targets this year haven't even been catchable.

1 minute ago, rasrar said:

In his defense, he has 3 other strong WRs and found himself benching 1 each week. And his TE was Gronk. I'm actually really high on Goedert, I just had no use for him and largely spent FAAB on him as a trade chip. He also has no RB2 and wants to spend big on waivers this week.

But I'll save that discussion for another thread. I just hope Robinson delivers this weekend. According to PFF 47% of his targets this year haven't even been catchable.

His a** is still red IMO

I love ARob and have plenty of faith in him as a player, but if he doesn't break out this week and Foles doesn't come in soon, the situation could ruin his season.

I'm gonna hope that the Bears can find some way to draw attention away from him.

he's 15th overall in the NFL in targets, so that's still good

2 minutes ago, rigadoog said:

I love ARob and have plenty of faith in him as a player, but if he doesn't break out this week and Foles doesn't come in soon, the situation could ruin his season.

I'm gonna hope that the Bears can find some way to draw attention away from him.

Why was he able to perform with trubisky last year?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brosephd said:

if there ever was a get right matchup....its this week against the falcons. 

Weren't people saying that about the Giants last week? I do think this is a better matchup, as I've liked Bradberry since his CAR days. He made some really nice plays against ARob last week, including just ripping the ball right from him for a pick.

3 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I was just offered Robinson for my James Connor in a dynasty. Guys in this thread seem like they’re worried, but I think he will turn it around and start returning low WR1 weeks at the least. What am I basing that off of? Hope lol. 

2 hours ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

I was just offered Robinson for my James Connor in a dynasty. Guys in this thread seem like they’re worried, but I think he will turn it around and start returning low WR1 weeks at the least. What am I basing that off of? Hope lol. 

I think it's more than hope bro. It's based on some logic and the understanding that an elite level athlete doesn't just fall off like this. There are mitigating circumstances like no preseason, unusual times (covid), poorly performing QB, contract negotiations, on and on. Realistically, he should revert back to some WR1/WR2 production soon. I just don't see him falling off this hard indefinitely...at least that is what I tell myself, so I can sleep at night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2020 at 12:31 PM, jkendrick2 said:

I'm holding onto hope that Mitch plays poorly and Foles gets in there.

2019 CHI 16 154 98 1147 11.7 7 1 2 2.0 0 0 15.93

With Trubisky