lolcopter

Nyheim Hines 2020 Outlook

I think if you subscribe to the belief that RB checkdowns can be a QB stat, it makes sense to believe that this role is not going away. Taylor will obviously be involved but look at Woodhead during the years he played with Rivers... 

1 minute ago, kidsgotsoul said:

I think if you subscribe to the belief that RB checkdowns can be a QB stat, it makes sense to believe that this role is not going away. Taylor will obviously be involved but look at Woodhead during the years he played with Rivers... 

Rivers is the premiere checkdown QB.  Always get his satellite back wherever he's going.

• Like 2

Just now, daethfromabove1979 said:

Was Hines getting red zone usage before Mack went down? 

Yes

1 minute ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Was Hines getting red zone usage before Mack went down? 

Yes. He had a few runs in the red zone, had the teams 1st TD on a rush from shotgun 

Edited by Breesus

41 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I'm putting in a $76 out of 100 bid. Almost picked him up on Sunday too...

Damn...I have $53 bid right now. 

You’re making me consider bumping it up even more. 

Drafted him with my 2nd to last pick in the draft.  Almost cut him before the game.  Glad I didn't in a PPR.

7 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

.5 PPR is he worth blowing a big chunk of FAAB

That’s where I’m at now. My gut is saying yes because the pass catching back in a Rivers offense is usually an RB2 in any format, but especially PPR and Half PPR

3 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

That’s where I’m at now. My gut is saying yes because the pass catching back in a Rivers offense is usually an RB2 in any format, but especially PPR and Half PPR

0.5 PPR, $100 budget. I have a $53 bid for him now, and thinking that might not be enough. Tempted to increase. 

Edited by UVA_Drew
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

0.5 PPR, $100 budget. I have a $53 bid for him now, and thinking that might not be enough. Tempted to increase. 

I know in my league it’ll cost the full $100. But as many people have stated in these forums, the majority of your budget is spent the first few weeks.

12 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

I'm goin 58 but will probably bump it up to 77 before i go to sleep

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, remark900 said:

He the pickup over Snell?

Yes. He was being used even before the Mack injury. He's the best receiving back on the team and it can't be overstated how much Rivers loves throwing to his RBs. Snell could be anything from a RBBC back to completely irrelevant if Conner comes back next week without incident. Not my ideal budget breaker.

6 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

I'm goin 58 but will probably bump it up to 77 before i go to sleep

Haha I do this too(last minute FAAB adjustment before falling asleep)

I’m at 75/200 for Hines and will almost definitely increase to at least 100. My RBs are my weakest position. Hardest part is deciding who to drop

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flint55 said:

Drafted him with my 2nd to last pick in the draft.  Almost cut him before the game.  Glad I didn't in a PPR.

Im mad i dropped him before week 1, now i have no chance of getting him on the waiver smh

Just now, ThunderDan said:

Worth the number 1 waiver in no ppr? I'm very on the fence....leaning yes

Who else is on the waivers?

2 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Who else is on the waivers?

Not much. M brown owned, so it's basically Snell and kelley after Hines. I guess *insert jets guy here* as well. I'm not big on Snell, PITs RBs a mess. So for me, its either Hines or save it. Dont really know who would be better with an injury in the future though

Torn between Hines and Kelley.  I start 2rbs and 2 flex and need an rb with a floor.  I do have Taylor so locking up colts are appealing but if Kelley is Gordan in this offense I have to think he’ll have a solid floor and weeks of rb 1 upside.  I get that Hines could be a poor mans Ekeler, but JT has serious draft cred and I have to think he runs away with it.

planning to drop $50-70k, which way would you go?

16 minutes ago, phillyball said:

Torn between Hines and Kelley.  I start 2rbs and 2 flex and need an rb with a floor.  I do have Taylor so locking up colts are appealing but if Kelley is Gordan in this offense I have to think he’ll have a solid floor and weeks of rb 1 upside.  I get that Hines could be a poor mans Ekeler, but JT has serious draft cred and I have to think he runs away with it.

planning to drop $50-70k, which way would you go?

Hines. It’s gonna be a 50/50 to a 60/40 split with JT/NH. No way they risk overworking one over the other after the Mack injury.

Kelley I’m shying away from due to Ekelers presence and Tyrod leading the offense 

5 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Hines. It’s gonna be a 50/50 to a 60/40 split with JT/NH. No way they risk overworking one over the other after the Mack injury.

Kelley I’m shying away from due to Ekelers presence and Tyrod leading the offense 

I disagree. I think Taylor is going to be getting 20+ touches a week very soon. He’s a game-changer who proved to be an asset in the passing game. 

8 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I disagree. I think Taylor is going to be getting 20+ touches a week very soon. He’s a game-changer who proved to be an asset in the passing game. 

He also had 18 fumbles in 41 games. Freakin Marlon Mack was the starter over this "game-changer", and even in his absence Hines got more work. I agree JT will get more action, but he will not become that 20+ touches guy. If he was that level of a RB, he'd have been the bellcow from the jump. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2