Rotoworld.com Forums

Nyheim Hines 2020 Outlook

14 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I disagree. I think Taylor is going to be getting 20+ touches a week very soon. He’s a game-changer who proved to be an asset in the passing game. 

5 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

He also had 18 fumbles in 41 games. Freakin Marlon Mack was the starter over this "game-changer", and even in his absence Hines got more work. I agree JT will get more action, but he will not become that 20+ touches guy. If he was that level of a RB, he'd have been the bellcow from the jump. 

I think it will be somewhere in between what you two are saying. Taylor will receive an increase as will Hines. Maybe even a hot hand approach.

• Like 1
  • Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice post, you're obv a smart guy. But I picked up J.Kelly for free off waivers before week 1 so I guess I'm even smarter than you.

Moment of silence for everyone who blew their faab load on this guy

Nyheim Hines is going to be a League Winner after the Colts Week 7 BYE Do not be fooled by these last 2 weeks versus Cousins/Vikings and Darnold/Jets. You want to play Hines facing good QBs/Offen

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

He also had 18 fumbles in 41 games. Freakin Marlon Mack was the starter over this "game-changer", and even in his absence Hines got more work. I agree JT will get more action, but he will not become that 20+ touches guy. If he was that level of a RB, he'd have been the bellcow from the jump. 

He would have been the bellcow from the jump? Well the guy preventing him from being that bellcow is now not in the way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Philip Rivers is the QB.  Quit arguing over one of them and enjoy them both.

Both of these dudes are capable of producing big seasons with JTT capable of more due to likelihood of being the goal line guy exclusively as the season progresses.  He profiles to do that better than Hines as he was a TD maker in college.  So seeing Hines on those goal line plays we saw in week 1 might be short lived, but if he keeps executing and landing in the end zone, who knows...

Hines profiles better as a 2 minute drill guy though so his role should be locked there.

And when that's not happening I think the split for just standard playing time would be like 65 / 35 JTT advantage as he gets the offense down better.  So I don't think it'll be that Week 2, but it'll evolve that way.

Bottom line though is Rivers RBs are freaking dynamite.  That guy refuses to leave the pocket and these RBs are gonna catch a ton of dump off passes because of it.

Hines was the fastest RB coming out of his draft class so he's got playmaking ability if defenses aren't crowding the line and with Rivers in for Brisket that shouldn't happen as much.  

Enjoy both, most of yall spent a premium pick on JTT.  The rest of us paid pennies for Hines.  If I could get 85% of the fantasy output from Hines that was paid for JTT and they are both dynamite then everyone should be happy.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Gootz said:

I think it will be somewhere in between what you two are saying. Taylor will receive an increase as will Hines. Maybe even a hot hand approach.

Could be. Taylor is the future, and expect him to really take hold of the bellcow role sooner than later this season. I don’t think the 20 catches is out of line, considering how many targets he received Sunday. Hines is still going to have his role, but I don’t know that he’ll have the RB production that some expect. 

As a Hines owner in my two leagues and a JT owner in neither, I really hope those who believe he’ll be a RB2 are correct. Lol. 

Edited by Flyman75

I universally picked him up whenever I could (75% stock holder). 

Sorry guys, he might go back to sucky land now that I did that. 

But I’m hoping to Flex him every week with Can’t Stop Humping River in control. He loves them RBs that can catch. 

Hoping for a CC of White in NE. Let’s do it. It is gold in PPR/.5 leagues. 

• Like 1

got him for $67. 1/2 PPR league.

Next highest bids were $63, $61, $60, $55.

Sure, he's just the pass catching back in a committe. But RB is very scarce this year, and I doubt anyone will pop up on waivers later in the year who have a guaranteed entire season of a defined role, as Hines now does.

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

someone in one of my leagues blew 80 dollars of our  100 dollar faab budget - methink that's a little much for a PPR back who's not even listed as starter.

WELP that makes me feel better. I won him with $41, and Joshua Kelley with $30. But there are quite a few people in my 12-teamer that are complacent.

Into my flex ya go, Mr Hines.

Edited by dropshadows
2 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

someone in one of my leagues blew 80 dollars of our  100 dollar faab budget - methink that's a little much for a PPR back who's not even listed as starter.

Why does it matter if he is a starter?

36 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I was pleased to score him in the 1 league I had where he was available.

You know who this guy might be, Danny Woodhead (2015)...? Ceiling wise at least, and that is damn exciting.

I will take that. 

192042055_Screenshot2020-09-16093416.jpg.0557f3d280cfd97aac78420b5068a3a4.jpg

Edited by Bastardo!
  • Like 3
Just now, Bastardo! said:

I will take that. 

192042055_Screenshot2020-09-16093416.jpg.0557f3d280cfd97aac78420b5068a3a4.jpg

Agreed. Woodhead averaged roughly 12.5 ppg in half PPR that season. Now the thing is, Hines will have those games like Woodhead did where the point total is low and at the "bust" level. Because of the type of role Hines will have, I think that just has to be understood and accepted. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, HarambeLives said:

.5 PPR is he worth blowing a big chunk of FAAB

Probably past your waivers now, but I'd say so.   In .5 PPR - removing TDs since those can't be counted on -- he scored 10.  I'll take that in a flex/RB3 spot every day.   A lot of times, people will hang up on names when they should be focused on the system.   Hines is a pass catching back playing with a QB who has loved check-downs his entire career with more playing time opening up due to injury.     I spent 25% of it and got him.   50 may be too rich for my blood, but I would have gone up close to it.  

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Gotta imagine Hines has about 70 catches in him this year, maybe more. If he can get more handoffs, that would be amazing. Could be a top 20 PPR back for sure.

Agreed, I can see 70-80 catches for him this year. That would be an average of 4-5 catches per game ROS...definitely doable. Maybe the same number of carries. 

What makes Hines so intriguing is besides catching 5 balls per game he's gonna chip in with several carries to spell Taylor. He's not just a third down back now. I can easily see him scoring 8 combined TDs.

Edited by ponchsox
5 hours ago, papaphunk said:

Bid $33 in a $200 FAAB 1 PPR League, lost out by $1 bid of $34. How does that happen ? 

(not pissed at all) 

Ha - I went back and forth on bid amount until ultimately settling on $38.  Won him by $2. 

/CSB

Am starting him this week at RB2 or flex because scared money don’t make no money.