Rotoworld.com Forums

Nyheim Hines 2020 Outlook

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice post, you're obv a smart guy. But I picked up J.Kelly for free off waivers before week 1 so I guess I'm even smarter than you.

Moment of silence for everyone who blew their faab load on this guy

Nyheim Hines is going to be a League Winner after the Colts Week 7 BYE Do not be fooled by these last 2 weeks versus Cousins/Vikings and Darnold/Jets. You want to play Hines facing good QBs/Offen

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Go back and look at the Danny Woodhead numbers I posted earlier.  He was the number 12 overall running back that year in my standard scoring league.  

Woodhead is a great comp and it was your earlier post that convinced me to go for Hines in a standard league. I remember Woodhead racking up points in my standard league that year and thinking "isn't he only good in PPR?"

Got Hines for a relative bargain too since most assume that Hines will only have PPR value. Also some uncertainty with the roles here. The belief is that Taylor will immediately step into a 15+ carry spot but if the Colts aren't ready to give Taylor all of those carries (or his fumbling issues pop up) then maybe Hines gets an extra 2 or 3 carries and all the sudden he's approaching top 10 range.

• Like 2

This feels like this year's Ekeler.  I admit I could be forcing it because of Phil, and the UW alumni RB who is now the perceived bell in the backfield, and the talented offensive line and the play making ability catching the ball out of the backfield and the unheralded status in real life and by the fantasy community before the opportunity arose (MG holdout vs Mack injury) but man, there are a few similarities aren't there?

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Could be. Taylor is the future, and expect him to really take hold of the bellcow role sooner than later this season. I don’t think the 20 catches is out of line, considering how many targets he received Sunday. Hines is still going to have his role, but I don’t know that he’ll have the RB production that some expect. 

As a Hines owner in my two leagues and a JT owner in neither, I really hope those who believe he’ll be a RB2 are correct. Lol. 

Any word on JTT’s blocking’s? Coming out of WI a lot of the back’s are used to anything else but running. Could limit his usage early.

56 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

This feels like this year's Ekeler.  I admit I could be forcing it because of Phil, and the UW alumni RB who is now the perceived bell in the backfield, and the talented offensive line and the play making ability catching the ball out of the backfield and the unheralded status in real life and by the fantasy community before the opportunity arose (MG holdout vs Mack injury) but man, there are a few similarities aren't there?

Very good dot connecting. 

I like this.

Bizarro Ekeler. 

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I mean all the comparisons people are making are justified. This is the exact same offense Phil heralded in SD in 15-16. And a lot of those concepts carried into his final 3 years on the Chargers as well. 

2 minutes ago, SGagne said:

In a standard league with $100FAAB, trying to figure out how much to put in on Hines.  Waivers process in about an hour. I've seen large ranges but being standard ~$15-$25 range too much? 

In standard I think that’s about the right range. He will still have value in that scoring system due to his volume, just not as much as in .5/PPR

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

What's the feeling on Hines this weekend against Minnesota? 

As they say start your studs. Top 24 RB this week, Top 60 Flex this week so all depends on league roster requirements and your roster but Minnesota;s Defense looked awful last week and this week with no Mack from the get go and also no Jack Doyle I have Hines as a set and forget play.

On 5/20/2020 at 6:05 PM, dontclapGonorrhea said:

When looking at it now and their schedule for the touches to go around with Rivers being the qb this is with catches as well.

Taylor 225

Mack 175

Hines 125

Edit

Taylor 225

Mack Oof

Hines 300

Edited by SyNdicateZ
Just now, Brettg57 said:

I’d take this! Anything double digits I am good with.

Does anybody know if colts activated another RB? Or are they just carrying Taylor/Hines. 

Jordan Wilkins will be the 3rd back. He is actually pretty decent too.