Boudewijn

Chris Carson 2020 Outlook

21 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Im not saying it wasnt unfortunate or a dirty play, but even though he hasnt missed games in his career that doesnt mean he hasnt been injury prone. Look at how many guys who have been hit awkwardly, or twisted something and bounced up and continued the game. He's torn his ACL before, broken many bones before, and if anything comes up he has had a history to not play through it. Thats why I compare his running style because with how physical he is, things can happen that his body isnt prepared for. The play was dirty, but you cant say that you havent seen worse and guys have been fine before

No. He twisted his leg on purpose. It would've injured anyone. 

One of the most disgusting plays I’ve seen.

There’s a ton of late hits where a guy can pull off or a guy spearheads but you can argue those are bad instincts.

The play was dead and the guy alligator rolls his leg. No reason for it at all. It’ll get a pass though because it’s “America’s ‘mediocre for two decades’ team”. f--- that dude. 

That was as dirty a play as I’ve seen in a while but it won’t get nearly the attention it deserves because it wasn’t a “helmet to helmet” blow.

guy should be suspended for that pathetic garbage.

2 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

The article this guy published in the Seattle Times says the opposite...

"... a league source said that early indications show Carson’s injury was significant."

Pete Carroll said the severity of Carson's injury is not yet known. Hoping for good news in the morning. Good night sweet prince.

• Thanks 2

Yea, dirty play by that linebacker. Hope he receives some sort of reprimand. If this were baseball, he’d eat a fastball to the ribs, no question. And “not significant” could simply mean, “not season-ending”. I’m holding my breath til we know more. I think a week 7 return is a realistic and optimistic expectation. 

5 minutes ago, varock said:

Yea, dirty play by that linebacker. Hope he receives some sort of reprimand. If this were baseball, he’d eat a fastball to the ribs, no question. And “not significant” could simply mean, “not season-ending”. I’m holding my breath til we know more. I think a week 7 return is a realistic and optimistic expectation. 

Hmmm. I believe Penny is set to return around then. I don't like it.

19 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Hmmm. I believe Penny is set to return around then. I don't like it.

I think it's going to take a while to work Penny in. Carroll can say what he wants about Penny's recovery, but it's only been about 9 1/2 months since his injury. Not everyone can load up on hgh/roids like Adrian Peterson and return like an ACL tear never happened.

Just wait for news. Carroll blows more **** about injuries than any coach in the NFL. Apparently Bruce Irvin was fine and walking around the locker room... He has a torn ACL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The undefeated Seattle Seahawks got some positive news regarding top running back Chris Carson

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday morning that Carson is believed to have suffered just a knee sprain in Sunday's win over Dallas, per a source informed of the situation. The injury should have him back on the field shortly, pending today's MRI, added Rapoport.

https://www.nfl.com/news/injury-roundup-seahawks-chris-carson-believed-to-have-suffered-knee-sprain

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

A fine only without suspension is ridiculous... smh

The NFL is an absolute joke when it comes to safety.

They didn’t care about concussions until they got busted for knowing the risks and ignoring them. So now they put on a show every time someone hits anyone near the head.

Yet when a guy alligator rolls a player INTENTIONALLY potentially shredding his knee it’s a fine? Give me a break. Look at how many season ending knee injuries there are now. Only thing NFL gives a **** about is public perception. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

They didn’t care about concussions until they got busted for knowing the risks and ignoring them. So now they put on a show every time someone hits anyone near the head.

Yet when a guy alligator rolls a player INTENTIONALLY potentially shredding his knee it’s a fine? Give me a break. Look at how many season ending knee injuries there are now. Only thing NFL gives a **** about is public perception. 

When Burfict is in the league for as long as he was and only got reprocussions in his last couple of seasons you know the NFL only gives slaps on the wrist to players and coaches

8 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

That dirty player needs to be banned for life

Agreed. Players who perform the death roll should be ejected from game and banned for life. No place for that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

That dirty player needs to be banned for life

Ever since Zeke got suspended the Cowboys have been allowed to do whatever they want.

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Carson should get that fine money!

1 minute ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Carson should get that fine money!

He's in a contract year. That's why it's such a big deal. The dude is messing with millions of dollars especially when you consider Carson is going to hit the free market most likely. He already has an injury prone tag for some dumb reason. Now that POS injures him after the play on purpose.

If it was a season ending injury he likely costs Carson millions. Hell, he still may cost him money in this contract depending on the structure and his next contract.