Boudewijn

Chris Carson 2020 Outlook

12 hours ago, Silent-Trader said:

Who is the handcuff here? Hyde or Homer?

I think it's Hyde assuming he's healthy. With the way Seattle is playing and in the mix for the SB, I can't see Carrol turning it over to Dallas or Homer with so much on the line. Hyde is reliable while far from amazing, but he's a good bet to at least get the bulk of the carries that Carson has been getting this season, but probably a lot less targets tho.  It's not like Carson's been getting 18-20 carries a game as it is, Hyde will handle the 13-15 carries serviceably,  if not spectacularly.  I've been rostering him all season for this reason pretty much.

5 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

fwiw saw CC on the sidelines during the game all smiles. Might not be too serious.

He'll probably be limited in practice this week, but unlike Drake I think he avoided serious injury and will be okay.

37 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Damn... if MRI reveals broken bones or ligaments, that's basically Lisfranc injury. Same injury as Cam had in Carolina, Lev Bell in 2013. Bad injury for football players, 6-12 weeks recovery. Let's pray nothing's broken

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't have a good feeling about this at all. Midfoot injuries can really suck, and if it's a Lisfranc injury we could potentially be looking at months and not weeks.

Prayers up for our boy Carson, he survived a gator roll already let's hope he can survive this. MRI results tomorrow are gonna be huge

Petey is gonna constantly say he's optimistic about Carson for the next 4 weeks that Carson will end up missing.

• Haha 2

MRI showed a mid-foot sprain, he is week-to-week but I'd be prepared for him to miss some time...ugh

yeah prob 2-3 weeks.....bummer but hyde looked good so at least if you can grab him you have a direct fill in...he took all the snaps and caught some passes

My favorite part about fantasy is that any time it seems like any time things are coming together for your roster, something like this happens.

• Like 5

Be happy you actually know the injury or some sort of timetable for return with CC. Mixon owners didn’t get any news until last Friday. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mar111kle said:

Carson is injury prone...Nothing to see here...move on

OR, he was injured his rookie year and then played 14/16 (1300+ yards/9TD) then 15/16 last year (1500+ yards/8TD)...

Yeah his running style leaves him prone to being nicked up often, but he is tougher than 99% of the dudes playing RB. Tired narrative-

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

OR, he was injured his rookie year and then played 14/16 (1300+ yards/9TD) then 15/16 last year (1500+ yards/8TD)...

Yeah his running style leaves him prone to being nicked up often, but he is tougher than 99% of the dudes playing RB. Tired narrative-

I have noticed he seems to have changed his running style as time has gone on. His patience and vision are very impressive these days and he doesn’t iniate as much contact as he once did. Which is a good thing. He was always a good back and had solid patience and vision but I think he's taken it to another level in those regards. Hopefully he isn't out long.

Damn, my man for several weeks. Loved seeing him run, least he will be fresh come down fantasy playoffs 

22 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

I wonder when Penny is coming back. This could turn into a mess.

has me wanting to trade away to be honest....i will be screwed at rb if if i do though...but i am scared of exactly that...

29 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

I wonder when Penny is coming back. This could turn into a mess.

Even Mr Sunshine Petey has sounded real muted about his progress. It was some serious damage he did to his knee--well beyond a standard ACL, and it was very late in the season. Most, but not all come back the same...plus Penny has not always handled his conditioning like a pro. He will prob make it back, but I am not sure he'll be as involved as he was last year.

They are calling him a game time decision. Even if he misses you gotta think it won't be a very long absence if they are already this optimistic.

• Like 1