Boudewijn

Chris Carson 2020 Outlook

Between the hip injury that Carson had, the recent family issues that he's had and the competition in Hyde and the rookie Dallas that was brought in behind him, Carson seems to have a lot of red flags entering this season.  I'm avoiding him in drafts but do other people still have faith that he can put together another solid season?

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

Between the hip injury that Carson had, the recent family issues that he's had and the competition in Hyde and the rookie Dallas that was brought in behind him, Carson seems to have a lot of red flags entering this season.  I'm avoiding him in drafts but do other people still have faith that he can put together another solid season?

Rest never hurt a man who is going to pound the rock. If healthy, he is going to have 300 carries with 1200 yards. League winner with his current adp. im hoping he is my RB2 this year or flex. I would love to have:

Kamara
Taylor
Carson

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sjm76 said:

Why are his family issues a red flag? He had a loved one pass away. He's gonna be their lead back, health is the only question.

Edited by paulwall29
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Has anyone actually seen this guy go in the 4th lol

I got him at 33.  His NFC ADP is about 33 or 34...I'm sure he will be solid 3rd rounder due to the lack of workhorse RBs available.  

10 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

I got him at 33.  His NFC ADP is about 33 or 34...I'm sure he will be solid 3rd rounder due to the lack of workhorse RBs available.  

Yeah I just keep seeing people say what a value he is in the 4th. Wondering if that’s 8 man leagues lol

i would take him early if i had to...i dont see the reason for him not being considered a top 10 - 15 back

I was very high on him last year. Tbh Hyde scares me this year. Hyde us very underrated and I think he'll fit this system perfectly unlike Penny

10 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I was very high on him last year. Tbh Hyde scares me this year. Hyde us very underrated and I think he'll fit this system perfectly unlike Penny

Lol Hyde is just a Penny replacement since he's starting on the PUP. Look how Carson was used even when he had the fumbling issues and Penny came on strong. He was still the clear cut lead back. Hyde is nothing but a breather back.

nope im not wrried....especially with wilson at qb....forget about it....i regretted not taking him last year....wont make that mistake again

• Like 1

I think Carson is almost a lock to return RB2 numbers if he can stay healthy. You figure the Seahawks will run the ball close to 30 times a game. Even if Hyde gets 30% of the carries, Carson should still easily get close to 20 attempts per game.

This dude healthy? Is he gonna be a workhorse again or are we gonna see a lot of Hyde and Dallas? 

Love Carson this year.  Seattle's D got a major upgrade with Jamal Adams which should keep them in games.  He'll get the carries as long as he's healthy.  Not worried about Hyde as he's just insurance since Penny is still hurt.  I'm considering him in the early 3rd round in a 12 teamer

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Somehow this guy keeps falling. in a 12team 2rb + flex ppr draft last night he went 38 overall (4th round 10th pick). Gurley, Bell, Mozert went before him 

Edited by Johnny_Sapphire

Posted (edited)

Went 2nd Rd in my 12 team PPR last night, don't bank on him falling. It's always him or Conner right after Chubb or a wr like golladay and many people are trying to go rb/rb

Edited by scheibler

10 minutes ago, Johnny_Sapphire said:

Somehow this guy keeps falling. in a 12team 2rb + flex ppr draft last night he went 38 overall (4th round 10th pick). Gurley, Bell, Mozert went before him 

Moestert is ranked right inside the top 30 for myself personally. He’s got a 1300 yard double digit touchdown ceiling. 

On 8/30/2020 at 9:24 AM, Johnny_Sapphire said:

Think he's a super steal. He's in the muddled group of RB's with ? marks...but this guy is fully healed and has a clear role on a good team with a good QB.

He let me down in week 16 last year, but was really good last year, and even overcame the fumbling problems and bad PR. That to me is a sign of a player with great mental makeup and will stay in the league for a while. 

Im consistently seeing him or Conner there in a 12-man half ppr late in the second round. I'm usually having to make a decision between him, Conner, and Aaron Jones. Their injury histories are a bit of a wash. I feel it's a lot closer decision than it needs to be.

17 minutes ago, Hacksawjimduggan said:

Im consistently seeing him or Conner there in a 12-man half ppr late in the second round. I'm usually having to make a decision between him, Conner, and Aaron Jones. Their injury histories are a bit of a wash. I feel it's a lot closer decision than it needs to be.

Feel like Conner’s injuries have been worse than Jones.  I’m high on Conner too but given this choice I’d go Jones.   

• Like 1

Got him at 25th overall in my 10 team league and I was pretty pumped. I like him there more than A Jones, Gurley or Ingram who were taken a few picks  later. 

edit: someone took Conner in the 1st. Keeper league so some of the other rb were already off the board. 

Edited by BostonCajun

44 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Is he healthy ? Didnt he tear his acl

• Chris Carson declared himself "100 percent" from his fractured hip.

Carson has been practicing in full while at training camp despite missing time for personal matters, so this news doesn't come as much of a surprise. He's fully expected to be the Seahawks' workhorse out of the gates again this season, but his rugged, violent playing style has made him susceptible to injuries in the past. When healthy, however, he's a rock-solid RB2 with plenty of touchdown upside in Seattle's run-oriented offense.

Sep 1, 2020, 4:25 PM ET

•  
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Travis Burten said:

Is he healthy ? Didnt he tear his acl

Penny tore his ACL. Carson is healthy, for the time being...