Boudewijn

Tyler Lockett 2020 Outlook

6 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Seriously. How many WRs would you rate ahead of Lockett week in and week out right now. 

1. Hopkins

2. Calvin Ridley

3. Tyreek Hill

4. Maybe Juju

5. Maybe Evans

6. Probably a healthy Julio

7. Obviously a healthy MT

8.... Are you trusting Arob more? Golladay? Cooper?... Thielen?

I'm seriously struggling to find more than about a half a dozen WRs I'd rather start than Lockett. Really under-the-radar superstar. 

There’s this guy on his own team named DK but otherwise ya Lockett is a top 10 play right now the way he and Russ are slangin and bangin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheezor42 said:

There’s this guy on his own team named DK but otherwise ya Lockett is a top 10 play right now the way he and Russ are slangin and bangin.

DK is a beast, but in PPR, I still prefer Lockett for fantasy.

He used to fly under the radar because Seahawks usage of the pass was a joke. Now he flies under the radar because of DK. DK is way more gifted, way higher ceiling, will likely have a better career, is a bigger matchup nightmare, and the list goes on and on.

But... DK is still fairly raw. Timing isn’t even close with Russ compared to Lockett. Route tree isn’t developed as well. If Wilson needs a quick first down: Lockett > DK. If Wilson needs to get rid of the ball quick under pressure Lockett: > DK. There’s a ton of situations where Lockett is still going to be the first and best option. DK will probably overtake Lockett in a lot of these but not likely yet.

There’s zero reason both can’t finish near or at WR1 numbers. As someone who’s watched Wilson his entire career he isn’t just carrying the team despite the coaching staff. There’s been a clear shift that I never thought I’d see with Schotty. They’re giving the ball to Wilson and there’s been some brilliant play designs for him as well (TD to Swain last week for example).

Very jealous of Lockett owners. Smart pick up in drafts. Like the guy in here earlier said, this guy was super undervalued because the Seahawks were a run first offense despite having arguably the best quarterback in football (or at most 2nd best). Now that Russ is slinging it on every play... wew, think Lockett is a 20 point floor and I'm mad jealous. Don't think most Lockett owners would budge even if offered Michael Thomas at this point.

what a steal. good things happen when you let russ cook. sheesh. is there a sneaky third mouth that can be fed thats not lockett or dk?

He was talking about how unstoppable he and Metcalf were and then lays an egg lol. They’ll be better days ahead though. Still my guy. 

3 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Where is he?

On the back of a milk carton. 

3 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

On the back of a milk carton. 

Lockett to Will Fuller...

PowerfulBrightLamb-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Buy low or any reason for concern moving forward?

Buy low, if you can. Stud WR1. 

Shades of last year, when he disappeared down the stretch. Hopefully this is an outlier, but I haven't forgotten

• Like 2

He was open a lot Russ just didn’t look his way. Hopefully they review the tape and get him more looks. Russ just seemed to fall in love with DK this game.

Just now, xSouthWESTx said:

He was open a lot Russ just didn’t look his way. Hopefully they review the tape and get him more looks. Russ just seemed to fall in love with DK this game.

How can you not....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tough, I was a little skeptical to start the season, didn’t start him until the last two weeks and he was under 5 in standard both times. He has always been more on the boom or bust side, we probably overreacted to the booms and now people will do the same thing with the busts. Decent buy low opportunity if the owner is at that point imo, might take one more bad game but Lockett always ends up higher than his consensus evaluation 

Well my first game ever owning this guy, yikes. On the 3rd and goal play at the end of the game he beat his guy off the line so well and Russ just chucked some garbo ball in Metcalf's direction. He's the clear beta and I'm a bit bummed to have him on my team going forward, going to be pretty boom bust 

This is a great buy low opportunity. The two are going to alternate big performances for the majority of the season more then likely. Especially when they start rolling more coverage Metcalf's way. Lockett is a great receiver. Buy. 

• Like 1

I hope these last two games will be his worst of the year. I owned him last year and he had a stretch of a few weeks where he did this too. It's clear Metcalf is emerging as a star, but Lockett will still be serviceable. 

Lockett/Metcalf were both on my "want" list this year. Both available and I chose Lockett when my gut was

screaming take a chance on the upside of Metcalf.

Head said Lockett would be safer in a PPR and will be Wilson's security blanket.

Lockett will still be "good" but Metcalf looks "special" and certainly looks like Wilson knows that too.

Hopefully opposing D's start rolling coverage to Metcalf and open things up for Tyler.