Boudewijn

Tyler Lockett 2020 Outlook

12 hours ago, xSouthWESTx said:

He was open a lot Russ just didn’t look his way. Hopefully they review the tape and get him more looks. Russ just seemed to fall in love with DK this game.

Same thing happened last year. Not an anomaly.

• Like 1

So we're gona expect an inconsitant 1000 yards right? Honestly without the 3td game he's been relatively pedestrian. 

Metcalf is definitely the alpha as we can see. With Lockett being so boom or bust, hes a pretty volatile WR2 to own at this time.

Edited by Foppatosakic

I owned lockett last year. He was an every week must start because you can't predict his 20+ point games vs his 3 point games. 

The writing was on the wall though as I watched games last year that majority of things that was getting him points weren't intended for him. 

Russ scrambles, finds 3rd option getting free last second, hits lockett for 60 yard bomb. TD. 

It's obviously amazing, but when those 3 target games kept happening and those dud games happened at very annoying times, it became very frustrating. 

I watched as the season went on last year the shift from lockett to DK and I sold my keeper shares of Lock in the offseason and overdrafted DK this year. 

The shift of WR power has happened IMO. Now it's up to DKs health to keep lockett where he's at, which is a guy you still have to start weekly but be frustrated about. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2020 at 8:55 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I owned lockett last year. He was an every week must start because you can't predict his 20+ point games vs his 3 point games. 

The writing was on the wall though as I watched games last year that majority of things that was getting him points weren't intended for him. 

Russ scrambles, finds 3rd option getting free last second, hits lockett for 60 yard bomb. TD. 

It's obviously amazing, but when those 3 target games kept happening and those dud games happened at very annoying times, it became very frustrating. 

I watched as the season went on last year the shift from lockett to DK and I sold my keeper shares of Lock in the offseason and overdrafted DK this year. 

The shift of WR power has happened IMO. Now it's up to DKs health to keep lockett where he's at, which is a guy you still have to start weekly but be frustrated about. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

On 10/16/2020 at 8:55 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Great post you put a lot of analysis into this one 

• Haha 1

... Decent performance from Lockett tonight.

DK-22.64-MPH-and-traveled-114.8-yards-to-chase-down-Budda-Baker-on-Russ'-90-yard-interception-return who?

Glad the MVP favorite remembered he has more than one elite receiver to feed. And boy, did Lockett feast.

• Like 3

DK draws great CB's every single game ROS except the jets. Lockett is going to eat ROS. Tried buying, not even low, but was unsuccessful. Congrats to those who have him

Edited by scheibler

On 10/16/2020 at 11:55 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Russ scrambles, finds 3rd option getting free last second, hits lockett for 60 yard bomb. 

I'm not trying to get at you here because obviously you're take was bad timing and to poke fun at it or whatever is not cool.

Russ and Lockett have always had that broken play chemistry. You can bank it will happen a few times each year. The bigger thing is that Lockett was at best an ancillary piece of that offense before last year. His highest target number in a season was 71. There's about nobody in fantasy football you are starting with that. In fact he was just shy of 1,000 yards on that which is extremely impressive. Doug Baldwin retired and he grew to 110 targets and 80 plus catches for the 1,000 plus yards. It was a complete role change that was the reason for the production. Any increase from this 110 will continue to be a big deal for Lockett because of his high efficiency. He has been flirting with some efficiency records in past seasons, although he had a strange couple game stretch of dropping passes right before this past game.

He is continuing last season's role to an even larger extent as the team has transitioned to a much higher passing volume offense. It keeps trending in his direction in a big way if you dig into things. The extra passing volume has mostly canceled any effect DK would have on his output. Ups and downs have become the reality of the position due to incredible league wide WR depth and therefore more passing options for each team. 

Edited by Benjamin1984

On 5/22/2020 at 2:07 AM, joshua18 said:

Lockett was the #4 overall WR last year before he got hurt. Looking forward to seeing the cream rise to the top.

boom.gif

• Like 4

Lol. None of y'all say anything until after something happens and when DK gets 20+ points again and Lockett goes back to 3 / 32 / 0 y'all will be missing again. 

Bum #83 negated that 50 yard TD too for DK, but whatever. 

I'm not sure what I said that was that crazy though. Everyone talking about benching Lockett and I said he's a guy you must start every week, but he's gonna be frustrating. I bet more people than will admit had Lockett and his greatest game of career on their bench this week. 

Probably benched for Chase Claypool or someone like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Lol. None of y'all say anything until after something happens and when DK gets 20+ points again and Lockett goes back to 3 / 32 / 0 y'all will be missing again. 

I'm not sure what I said that was that crazy though. Everyone talking about benching Lockett and I said he's a guy you must start every week, but he's gonna be frustrating. I bet more people than will admit had Lockett and his greatest game of career on their bench this week. 

doubling down after a 200 yard performance?

you didn’t see his third TD reception which may have been one of the best end zone catches of the season so far?

I can promise you no Lockett owners were benching him, but a lot of them won because of him.

• Like 1

Not just a week winner...

...a week resurrect you from the dead-er

Bench ever ever again at your own peril.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's hard to know when Lockett will go off. I suspect we'll still have weeks where he has 3/35/0, but then you'll have games where he wins you the week. I just wish there were not games when Wilson seems to forget Lockett is on the field. 

• Like 1

I’m confused at the complaining. He has hit double digits in 4 of 6 games. And 2 of the 4 have been monster games. 

Catches in the 4 good games- 8, 7, 9, 15

catches in the 2 other games- 2, 4

45 receptions through 6 games and 58 targets. 

DK will have his big games too but both of these guys are top wrs and they’re getting opportunities pretty much every week. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

I’m confused at the complaining. He has hit double digits in 4 of 6 games. And 2 of the 4 have been monster games. 

Catches in the 4 good games- 8, 7, 9, 15

catches in the 2 other games- 2, 4

45 receptions through 6 games and 58 targets. 

DK will have his big games too but both of these guys are top wrs and they’re getting opportunities pretty much every week. 

Yup, I'd say a good comparison is the 2014 Denver Bronco's (not Peyton's best-ever year but the season after that).

Sanders went 101/1,404/9 while Demaryius went 111/1,619/11.

There's no elite TE on the Seahawks roster so if Russ keeps cooking I don't see why he wouldn't support two WR1/2's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I started Lockett in all 4 leagues I own him because I’m not an idiot. He’s a WR1 and the best receiver on that team...nothing has changed.

If you thought of benching him, you got what you deserved. The overall #2 WR right now and he’s already had his bye. 

• Like 3

Honestly Lockett had the perception of at least being even to or greater then DK after the first 3 games of the season. He was even to or higher then DK in nearly all ROS rankings and was 2nd or 3rd in points at that point. It's really just DK mania that kind of skewed that perception. It was that catch on Monday night especially. DK is probably now the WR1 in dynasty but for what he started going for in redraft he became overvalued and Lockett undervalued in a matter of a week or two. I would imagine this is the last time anyone forgets there are 2 WR1s in Seattle. 

Edited by Benjamin1984

3 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

ESPN lists Lockett as a top 10 most frequently started wideout in fantasy this week. Also, I'm not really sure it matters much, but that hold by "bum 83" was the reason DK hit the endzone. Without it, he likely would have been forced out of bounds with a short gain.

You said you owned Lockett last year and had trouble predicting his scoring output, but his worst 4 game stretch of the year was predictable. In week 10 he faced the 49ers (the best pass defense in football) in San Francisco. Lockett would leave the game with a leg injury and was hospitalized. After their bye and a limited week of practice, Lockett faced the Eagles on the road in the rain and 17 mph wind (final score: 17-9) and would finish with a single catch. The following week, he was again limited in practice with the injury and the flu. He toughed it out and finished the game against the Vikings with 0 catches on 3 targets. In week 14, he faced the Rams (another good defense) on the road. Following 3 straight duds and with lingering questions about his health, there's no way you could have started him this week (unless you were desperate), though he still finished with 4 catches.

Outside of this 4 game stretch, Lockett was on pace for 288.7 ppr fantasy points and had only 1 bad game. This, despite Seattle throwing the ball only 32.3 times per game. With Russ cooking these days (13% increase in attempts), Lockett has as good of a shot as anyone to finish as the overall WR1.

• Thanks 1

Dude 15 for 200 and 3 is just straight up abuse. That corner should file a civil lawsuit. 

1 hour ago, MrCantaloupe said:

ESPN lists Lockett as a top 10 most frequently started wideout in fantasy this week. Also, I'm not really sure it matters much, but that hold by "bum 83" was the reason DK hit the endzone. Without it, he likely would have been forced out of bounds with a short gain.

You said you owned Lockett last year and had trouble predicting his scoring output, but his worst 4 game stretch of the year was predictable. In week 10 he faced the 49ers (the best pass defense in football) in San Francisco. Lockett would leave the game with a leg injury and was hospitalized. After their bye and a limited week of practice, Lockett faced the Eagles on the road in the rain and 17 mph wind (final score: 17-9) and would finish with a single catch. The following week, he was again limited in practice with the injury and the flu. He toughed it out and finished the game against the Vikings with 0 catches on 3 targets. In week 14, he faced the Rams (another good defense) on the road. Following 3 straight duds and with lingering questions about his health, there's no way you could have started him this week (unless you were desperate), though he still finished with 4 catches.

Outside of this 4 game stretch, Lockett was on pace for 288.7 ppr fantasy points and had only 1 bad game. This, despite Seattle throwing the ball only 32.3 times per game. With Russ cooking these days (13% increase in attempts), Lockett has as good of a shot as anyone to finish as the overall WR1.

You must have forgot his performance championship week last year that cost owners a championship against the same cardinals defense at home...😢