Boudewijn

Zach Ertz 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Jacksonville had interest last year. 

Dallas is a perfect fit imo, but unlikely to trade within the division. 

Yeah, I thought about DAL but agree an inner division deal sounds unlikely.

JAX... I got JRob off waivers before the week 1 games - raise your hand if you expected to have multiple Jaguar skill position players lol

I'd heard something that ARob was asking for a trade out of CHI. ARob would be a beastly target for PHI to go after - but what would that do for Ertz? Any thoughts? Jimmy Graham isn't *Jimmy Graham* any longer, but he's still Jimmy Graham...

I'm at roughly 75% panic mode right now.  I have him on 3 teams.

Wasn't fun having my opponent's Goedert double my high draft pick's points

On 9/15/2020 at 4:24 PM, LionKid90 said:

I don’t think Eagles would ever trade him within the division. And likewise, don’t see Dallas sending a ton of picks within the division. 

I think Texans could be a possibility. They need more weapons to help out Watson. 

I think we need to hope he stays and gets happy. When everything is going well, he is the TE3. 

I like the fit but does Houston have much draft capital?  Seem BoB has been dealing away picks for years.

9 hours ago, Samblacksmith said:

How’s everyone feeling about him ROS? Might’ve been the worst pick of the draft for me so far. 

Took him in the 5th round. Not feeling horrible about it. Not putting up massive numbers, but no complete duds either.

And with all the injuries to top round guys it could be much, much worse.

I think he isn't going to be a top 3 tight end. I think he will end up a top 10 or 12 tight end.

I think he will give consistent, steady production that isn't going to jump off the screen or win you any weeks, but will be there every time. He's always involved. I'll take that over the boom or bust guessing game that a lot of the other TEs are. Would have rather drafted someone else in that slot in hindsight, but I'm not mad about it at this point either.

I am however considering packaging him in a trade with another piece to upgrade somewhere. I'm randomly carrying three tight ends right now. Picked up Mo Alie-Cox and Dalton Schultz, and seeing which one of those two can be consistent after 2-3 weeks.

• Like 1

I have to see more of the numbers from week 2, but I'm at least comforted that Goedert didn't explode. I think Ertz's #'s trend up if / when the offense as a whole gets right.

Not a fun situation. Upside capped by Goedert, and it seems Ertz’s trade value in fantasy is shot due to depth at the TE position overall. Just have to hold and see.

8 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Not a fun situation. Upside capped by Goedert, and it seems Ertz’s trade value in fantasy is shot due to depth at the TE position overall. Just have to hold and see.

Yeah I can't unload Ertz for anything. What a disastrous 4th rd pick. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

Yeah I can't unload Ertz for anything. What a disastrous 4th rd pick. 

I wouldn't be so quick to write him off. Lets not forget he has been a top 5 TE the past 3 years. PHI is hurting for WRs and the targets will be there for Ertz. If PHI WRs continue to be injured Ertz could see 130+ targets again this year, maybe more. RZ looks will be there and is always a threat to score a TD. I don't think its all gloom like you said.  Ertz could be one of those solid TEs each week that gets 7+ targets each game. I expect his yardage to go up over time. 

He's obviously not one of the top elite TEs but he's a good second tier option. You might be surprised what you can get for him if you are looking to trade.

Trying to casually trade him. Packaging him as a "100 catch TE" along with guys like Will Fuller to make an appealing upside deal. Don't like the way PHI smells right now.

Could be a little upside on his target share with Reagor out for several weeks. They could use Goedert more frequently for deeper routes and open up more of the short-to-intermediate, chain-moving stuff for Ertz.

I think my investment in him was a mistake. When I look at my receivers, I know it was a mistake. 

That said, the biggest problem so far is, through 2 games, Wentz and the Eagles are playing like crap.

You'd think they can't be that bad much longer.  We'll see.  Cincy should be a get right game.  Washington isn't good, but they have a nasty D line, it was week 1, and Philly was without Lane Johnson at tackle and Miles Sanders at RB.  So we'll see.

I'm expecting (aka praying for) big games from Ertz, DJax, and Miles.

And if we get a big game from Ertz, I'll be looking to sell for a wr2/3 type.  I do not like the target share Goedert is drawing.  I think Ertz will still get good numbers, but I worry about consistency. 

8 hours ago, Big Nate said:

I wouldn't be so quick to write him off. Lets not forget he has been a top 5 TE the past 3 years. PHI is hurting for WRs and the targets will be there for Ertz. If PHI WRs continue to be injured Ertz could see 130+ targets again this year, maybe more. RZ looks will be there and is always a threat to score a TD. I don't think its all gloom like you said.  Ertz could be one of those solid TEs each week that gets 7+ targets each game. I expect his yardage to go up over time. 

He's obviously not one of the top elite TEs but he's a good second tier option. You might be surprised what you can get for him if you are looking to trade.

Not writing him off, just don't like the Goedert target competition, even if their WRs suck and they run 2 TE a lot. I've been actively trying to trade him for a decent RB and nobody is biting. If he could give me a big game this week, I think that'd change. 

The number of good, but non-elite TEs this year is a big part of the problem. It's a lot different than the last few years. 

Edited by Drewfus
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Drewfus said:

Not writing him off, just don't like the Goedert target competition, even if their WRs suck and they run 2 TE a lot. I've been actively trying to trade him for a decent RB and nobody is biting. If he could give me a big game this week, I think that'd change. 

The number of good, but non-elite TEs this year is a big part of the problem. It's a lot different than the last few years. 

Thats a good point. Last 2 years the TE spot was a wasteland outside the top few guys. This year it seems all the TEs are putting up numbers so people have other options.  Sharing targets is a concern but I think Ertz ends up with more TDs again this year than Goedert. Things could change but I'm not panicking yet with Ertz.

how're we feeling about him this week? reagor out on IR, and alshon can't come back this week. what to expect against the bengals defense? 

i have a feeling eagles will get out on a lead then just use the run game majority of the time

[...]

How we feeling now w Goedert out for 2, 3, maybe even 6 weeks?? (Some worried he’ll be out thru the BYE)

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

18 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

[...]

How we feeling now w Goedert out for 2, 3, maybe even 6 weeks?? (Some worried he’ll be out thru the BYE)

A lot better than before. 

Still not great, but better.

This guy is becoming very frustrating to own. Is he still set and forget? I’m not so sure.

Their offense just isn’t good. The offensive line can’t hold up long enough to allow Ertz to get down field. And Wentz isn’t making it better, he isn’t trusting his eyes. At times I wish he would just throw it up there to Ertz, but he’s choosing to eat the sack.

Tough matchup this week with Pitt. 

9 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

This guy is becoming very frustrating to own. Is he still set and forget? I’m not so sure.

Their offense just isn’t good. The offensive line can’t hold up long enough to allow Ertz to get down field. And Wentz isn’t making it better, he isn’t trusting his eyes. At times I wish he would just throw it up there to Ertz, but he’s choosing to eat the sack.

Tough matchup this week with Pitt. 

Nope. Still a solid option and should be better going forward, but he's definitely benchable for a guy like Dalton Schultz or T.J. Hockenson depending on the matchup. 

1 hour ago, Jetdog16 said:

Nope. Still a solid option and should be better going forward, but he's definitely benchable for a guy like Dalton Schultz or T.J. Hockenson depending on the matchup. 

Damn, I had him benched yesterday for Schultz, then reversed course last minute...

Ahh well, still won my matchup at least.

But I'm thinking Ertz just became Schultz's BYE week replacement instead of the other way around.

• Like 1

Last Nights Stat Line v the 49ers (with 1 Main starting WR Active - Greg Ward, and Dallas Goedert out on IR) 

Zach Ertz - 4 catches for 9 yards. 

Richard Rodgers - 5 catches for 50 yards. 

W.T.F. 

• Like 1

Horrible.

Playing like he wants to retire. Waste of a pick.