Boudewijn

Zach Ertz 2020 Outlook

Yep, he was dropped in my league this morning. It'll be interesting to see how the year plays out between him and Goedert.

At this point, I'd rather keep a guy like Fant over Ertz, but would definitely be interested in Goedert over Fant possibly.

So what are my fellow Ertz owners doing with this guy? Cutting him loose?

No doubt he's been a massive bust and an anchor weighing down weekly lineups. The "WRs need to get healthy" narrative was already looking weaker once Fulgham started blowing up and Ertz was still was doing nothing. 3-4 weeks is a long time to wait on the potential chance that he turns his season around when he gets back. Then again, TE is laughably barren this year. 

Has anyone here considered cutting him straight up for Goedert? Despite multiple fantasy outlets erroneously reporting Goedert's return this week, it seems possible the Iggles hold him out to week 10 (week 9 bye). This might coincide with Ertz's return, which would not be ideal. If Goedert could return earlier (say week 8 ) it's possible he could just take this job from Ertz the way he has played this season. And if these guys do happen return around the same time, would you prefer Goedert regardless at this point?

17 minutes ago, Johnny Utah said:

No doubt he's been a massive bust and an anchor weighing down weekly lineups. The "WRs need to get healthy" narrative was already looking weaker once Fulgham started blowing up and Ertz was still was doing nothing. 3-4 weeks is a long time to wait on the potential chance that he turns his season around when he gets back. Then again, TE is laughably barren this year. 

Has anyone here considered cutting him straight up for Goedert? Despite multiple fantasy outlets erroneously reporting Goedert's return this week, it seems possible the Iggles hold him out to week 10 (week 9 bye). This might coincide with Ertz's return, which would not be ideal. If Goedert could return earlier (say week 8 ) it's possible he could just take this job from Ertz the way he has played this season. And if these guys do happen return around the same time, would you prefer Goedert regardless at this point?

•  

He's for sure a drop unless you have very deep benches or several IR spots. He was venturing toward drop territory even before getting injured. He was starting to show up on a couple of my waiver wires. He couldn't produce anything despite being the only established target left on the entire team. He still wants a long term contract the team never had any interest in paying him because they already have his hand picked replacement. It's nothing but a bunch of animosity there on his end. I wouldn't be shocked if his injury doesn't extend out further and I'd 100% expect them to prioritize Goedert once they both are back.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

He's for sure a drop unless you have very deep benches or several IR spots. He was venturing toward drop territory even before getting injured. He was starting to show up on a couple of my waiver wires. He couldn't produce anything despite being the only established target left on the entire team. He still wants a long term contract the team never had any interest in paying him because they already have his hand picked replacement. It's nothing but a bunch of animosity there on his end. I wouldn't be shocked if his injury doesn't extend out further and I'd 100% expect them to prioritize Goedert once they both are back.

Sad to hear as an Ertz owner, but I cannot disagree. 

NFL Network reporting 4-6 weeks for Ertz - easy drop

He's just sitting on my IR right now, but will be dropped if another players gets banged up.

Bust.

10 hours ago, Johnny Utah said:

•  

I'd definitely prefer Goedert at this point. Week 10 should be very realistic to plug Goedert in. With Ertz you're probably looking at a week or two beyond that. And Goedert has looked much better than Ertz this year. 

I'd find it tough to justify holding Ertz at this point. 

Week 11 return possible? Sure this guy is on waivers all over the place. Fresh legs for fantasy playoffs?

• Like 1

Any news on Ertz? Next week will be 5 weeks healed. I think he plays week 11 or 12. Worth speculative add? 

Edited by fantasymad

1 hour ago, fantasymad said:

Any news on Ertz? Next week will be 5 weeks healed. I think he plays week 11 or 12. Worth speculative add? 

Based on the original report, it'll be another 2-4. He's definitely worth an add if you can IR him, but I wouldn't drop anyone of value until we get an update.

34 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Based on the original report, it'll be another 2-4. He's definitely worth an add if you can IR him, but I wouldn't drop anyone of value until we get an update.

he was barely productive even when he was healthy, so IMO I dont think he's worth the stash. If you can get him the week before he returns then maybe, but holding him for 2-3 more weeks seems like a waste of a bench/IR slot to me.

7 hours ago, TheINC said:

he was barely productive even when he was healthy, so IMO I dont think he's worth the stash. If you can get him the week before he returns then maybe, but holding him for 2-3 more weeks seems like a waste of a bench/IR slot to me.

Ertz was the only option when he was on the field. He's easy for defenses to shut down alone. If PHI has healthy weapons on the outside and Sanders to worry about in the back field it will open up things over the middle for Ertz if he's playing. 

He's a hold. Especially with the wasteland that is the TE position.

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

Ertz was the only option when he was on the field. He's easy for defenses to shut down alone. If PHI has healthy weapons on the outside and Sanders to worry about in the back field it will open up things over the middle for Ertz if he's playing. 

Agreed. The offense in general will be much better when he is back. No reason he can't be a top 5 TE immediately with the TE wasteland. 

Edited by fantasymad
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Agreed. The offense in general will be much better when he is back. No reason he can't be a top 5 TE immediately with the TE wasteland. 

*cough

spacer.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheINC said:

It depends who's out there eligible for IR. There aren't usually many players with the designation, and if you're in a deep league, there's next to nothing right now. You can always pick him up, IR him, then drop him and IR someone else if a more enticing option becomes available. But I agree with the general sentiment that you shouldn't really be prioritizing him.

7 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

It depends who's out there eligible for IR. There aren't usually many players with the designation, and if you're in a deep league, there's next to nothing right now. You can always pick him up, IR him, then drop him and IR someone else if a more enticing option becomes available. But I agree with the general sentiment that you shouldn't really be prioritizing him.

With the state of how many players are ruled out weekly or get covid designation, then I think you can find better uses of an IR spot over a 3 week hold for an aging TE.

12 hours ago, this guy right here said:

It wasn't just that they were short their other weapons, if you watched the games Ertz can't get separation anymore. That's 100% due to his declining athleticism. Hold him if you want, but Goedert isn't going anywhere and Ertz's inability to get separation on his 5 yard routes doesn't really pay off.

On 11/14/2020 at 9:10 AM, Strikeforce316 said:

*cough

spacer.png

Cough cough**

Dallas Goedert plays for the Eagles??? He has been a ghost the last 2 weeks. 

3 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Cough cough**

Dallas Goedert plays for the Eagles??? He has been a ghost the last 2 weeks. 

Goes the same for every other TE in the league this season, what is your exact point?

• Like 1

Can we realistically expect one or two solid games from him come fantasy playoffs? Or should we try to trade bait

36 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Goedert has been overrated. He's not a TE1.

Has Ertz though?

54 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Has Ertz though?

Maybe the problem is not the skill players but the QB/OLine.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, yanksman said:

Maybe the problem is not the skill players but the QB/OLine.

It's the QB. The line is doing pretty well imo. I dunno bout pff rankings but Carson holds it way to long on the sacks and he's targeting everyone but the great players. It's really odd lately. You'd think Fulgham Goedert Reagor and even ertz when he was healthy would get peppered with targets. I don't have any faith in any Eagles this season. I'm sure they'll sprinkle in a couple good games but it'll be scattered

12 hours ago, Ergogh said:

Or should we try to trade bait

LOL

He passed "trade bait" status weeks ago, and not in the right direction. 

He's barely justified to be a "hold", though I've kept him on the team I've got with 3 IR slots.  When he's activated, probably gonna drop, but we'll see.

He's been sitting in waivers for a week or two. Nobody bit this morning.

Watching the practice reports to see if he's alive. As a Kittle owner dredging the depths of the TE market I could do worse. You never know when these guys wake up (along with the rest of the PHI offense) and you catch lightning in a bottle.