Boudewijn

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook

Wow opinions on this guy that you read and hear are everywhere on this guy. He’s athletic, should be the #1...but Russ spreads it around, they want to run, they’ve got tight ends, they care more about winning than stats, Petey doesn’t tell the truth. FWIW, Brad Evans thinks he’ll barely sniff 60 receptions and will be short of 1000 yards. For the Brad haters, maybe that’s a reason to take a chance. 

I’d rather have AJ Brown or T.Y., or wait a round and get Lockett, Chark, or McLaurin.

8 minutes ago, CooL said:

Wow opinions on this guy that you read and hear are everywhere on this guy. He’s athletic, should be the #1...but Russ spreads it around, they want to run, they’ve got tight ends, they care more about winning than stats, Petey doesn’t tell the truth. FWIW, Brad Evans thinks he’ll barely sniff 60 receptions and will be short of 1000 yards. For the Brad haters, maybe that’s a reason to take a chance. 

I’d rather have AJ Brown or T.Y., or wait a round and get Lockett, Chark, or McLaurin.

Gross

1 hour ago, Evincar said:

Gross

?  TY with Rivers throwing it to him?  Sign me up.  Rather have that than someone Tanny is throwing to.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kdko said:

?  TY with Rivers throwing it to him?  Sign me up.  Rather have that than someone Tanny is throwing to.

Rivers is declining, Tanny was on point, and AJ Brown is a beast and a physical specimen. I’ve owned T.Y. in the past, and now that I think about it, was always frustrated by how unreliable he was. I think I’d prefer Brown, Chark, and McLaurin all over DK.

3 hours ago, kdko said:

Injury prone and on the wrong side of 30. I think a healthy Parris Campbell takes slot snaps away. Michael Pittman is your prototypical tall WR that Rivers loves throwing too.

3 hours ago, kdko said:

I don't think Rivers is done yet personally and think TY will be solid when healthy; but at this point in their careers, Tannehill>Rivers, and then throw in injury certainty (at some point) for TY

DK Metcalf would be really good if he played for a team that believed in the healing power of the forward pass.

I could see just 1000 yards but would it surprise me if he got to 1250 yards? Not really. 

He is my wr1 in a 350 dollar league i did last sat night on myffpc so I hope he has a huge year.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

I don't think Rivers is done yet personally and think TY will be solid when healthy; but at this point in their careers, Tannehill>Rivers, and then throw in injury certainty (at some point) for TY

There's no way Tannehill is better than Rivers, lol.  Last year was an anomaly, and I don't think lightning strikes twice for Tanny.  Plus, he only threw for 2,700 yard.  You're going to try and buy a WR1 in that offense?  Now that Rivers is behind a good O-line, I think he'll easily produce a WR1 that outscores Titans WR1.  

Edited by kdko
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kdko said:

There's no way Tannehill is better than Rivers, lol.  Last year was an anomaly, and I don't think lightning strikes twice for Tanny.  Plus, he only threw for 2,700 yard.  You're going to try and buy a WR1 in that offense?  Now that Rivers is behind a good O-line, I think he'll easily produce a WR1 that outscores Titans WR1.  

The Titans fooled around with Mariota for 6 games so of course it suppressed his season long numbers

He was also ridiculously efficient (that will regress I agree but with the threat of Henry opening things up—I doubt it will be that much)

Easily a top 10 QB last year (not saying he is one but he absolutely was one last year over the games he started)

They may very well regress. I have seen a lot of people predicting it

I guess it depends what you think ot Tannehill. I never thought he was bad in Miami and seeing Parker ball out with Gase gone gives me a lot more confidence that it wasn’t a flash in the pan.

I like TY a lot when healthy but he is a certainty to get hurt at some point.

As for DK his biggest chance at a major leap may come from the fact that the Seahawks backs are hurt—making them open up the passing game. Seeing Pete Carroll over the years though I am still skepical of that, so I’d bet on DK as a WR16-20 with upside for a lot more

Yeah, I don't like Tannehill that much because he will regress and the volume won't be there, but that doesn't mean AJ Brown can't be a beast. He'll regress too, but he's still the unquestioned #1. And it's really hard to judge Tannehill one way or the other because his meh majority of the career was on the broke-a** Dolphins. Considering how long he made it and how decent he did, I'd call it a win. Also hard to draw much from an 8-game sample size where everything lined up.

Long story short, I'll take all these guys mentioned over TY. They all have similar floors, even if TY is a bit more of a proven candidate, but the young guys always have that chance of taking a big step up. TY has more of a chance to take a step back.

Pretty good wr

He was almost the best WR on his team in college.

It's a shame he couldn't reach 1,000 yards his rookie season like his college teammate did.

• Haha 1

Love DK but TY is getting serious disrespect on here. He was a top 5 wr 2 years ago.

We’ve seen the way rivers will target Keenan Allen well TY is better than Keenan. Could be a huge season for TY.... that said DK has the talent and the QB to be top 5 as well.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Love DK but TY is getting serious disrespect on here. He was a top 5 wr 2 years ago.

We’ve seen the way rivers will target Keenan Allen well TY is better than Keenan. Could be a huge season for TY.... that said DK has the talent and the QB to be top 5 as well.

a lot has changed in 2 years ... including the fact TY / Keenan Allen are completely different types of WRs to begin with. 

9 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Pretty good wr

He was almost the best WR on his team in college.

It's a shame he couldn't reach 1,000 yards his rookie season like his college teammate did.

TastyOffbeatIrukandjijellyfish-size_rest

Hopefully the addition of the best WR in football (AB) won't keep DK from reaching the 1,000 yard receiving milestone. That would be quite the achievement for the young man.

• Haha 1

Did you mean, “The best WR not in football”?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/26/2020 at 6:09 AM, isuckatdfs said:

I could see just 1000 yards but would it surprise me if he got to 1250 yards? Not really. 

He is my wr1 in a 350 dollar league i did last sat night on myffpc so I hope he has a huge year.

Better hope COVID cancels your season and you get refunded lol. 

I'll be hoping it doesn't though, sorry. 

On 7/16/2020 at 2:24 PM, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

a lot has changed in 2 years ... including the fact TY / Keenan Allen are completely different types of WRs to begin with. 

Yeah, they are, TYH is fast being the biggest difference. 

On 6/26/2020 at 11:00 AM, kdko said:

2600 yards in 10 starts, along with 22 TDs vs 6 INTs and off the charts efficiency. Full season pace of 4160 yards, 35 TDs and 9 INTs. Those full season pace numbers for Tannehill would arguably have been better than any season in Rivers' long and prolific career, at the least rivaling his peak seasons. Little bit light on the yards but 35 TDs beats Rivers' career high while 9 INTs ties Rivers' career low as a starter.

Tannehill doesn't have to be a better QB than Rivers for Brown to outscore TY. All that needs to happen is Tennessee repeats what they did last season using all the same ingredients, but on a full season scale. That's still far from automatic but I like the odds. With Tannehill starting, Brown put up a full season pace of 61-1254-10. TY is not matching that score even if things with Rivers go smoothly. Now maybe things break down this season for Tannehill/Brown; maybe Henry doesn't dominate like he did last season and consequently play-action isn't so crushingly effective for Tennessee. But in addition to that downside, there's upside too. Maybe Brown improves. Maybe his target share goes up; maybe it goes up by a lot. Not only do I think Brown should be favored to outscore TY at least in standard, but he has upside that TY can't match. 2018 would be a positive case scenario for TY this season. Brown could absolutely crush that if the key variables break his way.

On 6/25/2020 at 1:47 AM, Breesus said:

My biggest hesitation is Russel Wilson spreads the ball around (as most great QB’s do), they have another good receiver in Lockett & capable TE’s coming back from injury. Add that to their running the ball philosophy and I just have a hard time trusting in DK’s ceiling being that high.

I really want to give him a shot, but right now I feel guys like McClaurin, Hollywood, Chark, have a higher ceiling and better chances at reaching it. Nothing to do with DK as a prospect, his talent is through the roof and has shown he is a capable wr from a route running standpoint. I just don’t like his situation 

I think this is a good point. One thing to think about though is a lot of people are thinking the Seachickens Defense is going to go in the toilet this season so they'll be involved in more shootouts than they have historically. Hard to practice "run first play action" when you need to score 28 points a game to win. I don't know if I totally believe this but it's maybe something to keep in mind?

27 minutes ago, yossarian said:

I think this is a good point. One thing to think about though is a lot of people are thinking the Seachickens Defense is going to go in the toilet this season so they'll be involved in more shootouts than they have historically. Hard to practice "run first play action" when you need to score 28 points a game to win. I don't know if I totally believe this but it's maybe something to keep in mind?

While their defensive line is absolute dog **** it's hard to see the defense being in the toilet when they have the best LB in the game and arguably the best secondary in the game. Plus the status of the defense is still up in the air. If they can get some nice help on that defensive line (Clowney still isn't out of question either) then the defense has best defense in the league potential.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gohawks said:

While their defensive line is absolute dog **** it's hard to see the defense being in the toilet when they have the best LB in the game and arguably the best secondary in the game. Plus the status of the defense is still up in the air. If they can get some nice help on that defensive line (Clowney still isn't out of question either) then the defense has best defense in the league potential.

No they don't. Sorry man. 

They do not have best defense in league potential. 

Let me change 1 letter for you though... 

Beat defense. 

Because they'll get beat early and often. 

• Haha 1

Was Tipsy and took ole Metcalf over Swift and Akers #sadface 

Guess im on board with the Year 2 Leap! hah les get itttttt

On 8/25/2020 at 8:53 AM, kmoore1521 said:

Was Tipsy and took ole Metcalf over Swift and Akers #sadface 

Guess im on board with the Year 2 Leap! hah les get itttttt

You will be fine, DK will win you weeks and that is all that matters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1