Rotoworld.com Forums

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook

His hands are pretty terrible. Even on alot of balls he catches when they show the slo-mo he's not catching it as cleanly as polished WRs. Trapping alot of them against his body. I think you can improve that to a certain extent but he'll never have great hands. AJ Green apparently learned to juggle really well when he was a kid. To have the world class hands alot of these guys have I think it's a decades in the making process.

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best part of this for me was how Russ repeatedly went his way when the game was on the line and in critical downs.  Normally he’s got his long bomb or two a game and that’s that.  He’s the unquest

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, hard1 said:

It means he was ready.. dude can get better, thats the scary part...honestly love to see him workout with antonio brown or Anquan boldin 

Yeah, if he can get tutored by one of the greats, look out. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, hard1 said:

It means he was ready.. dude can get better, thats the scary part...honestly love to see him workout with antonio brown or Anquan boldin 

Please dont let Antonio Brown get anywhere near this guy. I know, they were almost teammates. But still. Theres a handful of legends that he could learn from with no risk of poor influence. I've already noticed DK coming out of his shell more lately, so to speak. Getting theatrical on the field or on the sidelines when he doesnt get a ball thrown his way when he was open, or getting into shoving matches with DBs way more frequently. Also uncharacteristically letting his guard down when he got the ball knocked out of his hand at the 1 while walking into the endzone. Dont get me wrong, he's got a great head on his shoulders and hes simply very passionate and competitive. Not a diva. But there's a fine line between being competitive and becoming a diva, especially as a marketable superstar WR as weve seen in the past. Would hate to see him teeter the wrong way, and I wouldnt risk someone like AB tarnishing his passion and competitive nature, or even let him get a taste of whatever went wrong in AB's. I realize AB is a special case, but still. 

Also I dont know if Metcalf needs any help working out. Boldin and AB would probably be the ones asking him questions. 

(Kidding, I know you meant football-wise.)

• Like 2

He reminds me of TO (on the field). Incredible size/speed with occasional suspect hands. 

Last week he had a 41 yard catch called back due to penalty, a 9 yard TD drop, and a drop on a slant that he could have ran 20+ more yards on. 

Yesterday he was 1 yard short of a long TD and dropped the 22 yard TD. 

Earlier in the season he had the boneheaded fumble at the 1 celebrating early. 

He is incredible but just imagine what his numbers can be if he cleans up a few things. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, cbsholy said:

Please dont let Antonio Brown get anywhere near this guy. I know, they were almost teammates. But still. Theres a handful of legends that he could learn from with no risk of poor influence. I've already noticed DK coming out of his shell more lately, so to speak. Getting theatrical on the field or on the sidelines when he doesnt get a ball thrown his way when he was open, or getting into shoving matches with DBs way more frequently. Also uncharacteristically letting his guard down when he got the ball knocked out of his hand at the 1 while walking into the endzone. Dont get me wrong, he's got a great head on his shoulders and hes simply very passionate and competitive. Not a diva. But there's a fine line between being competitive and becoming a diva, especially as a marketable superstar WR as weve seen in the past. Would hate to see him teeter the wrong way, and I wouldnt risk someone like AB tarnishing his passion and competitive nature, or even let him get a taste of whatever went wrong in AB's. I realize AB is a special case, but still. 

Also I dont know if Metcalf needs any help working out. Boldin and AB would probably be the ones asking him questions. 

(Kidding, I know you meant football-wise.)

💯 

You don’t want AB near ANY of your talented,  impressionable young wrs.   Lockett is the perfect partner for DK in Seattle.    He’s got his head on straight and there’s no infighting over targets or role. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, ninersdd said:

Next week is the Jets. Watch Gregg Williams try to cheap shot everyone. Regardless, the Hawks should eat next week.

Not anymore. he was just fired.

5 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Metcalf had another hideous drop, media wants to hype this dude up so much with a stiff arm that resulted in no extra yardage

That was bad. He needs to spend all off season working on catching the ball.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Metcalf had another hideous drop, media wants to hype this dude up so much with a stiff arm that resulted in no extra yardage

Probably because it looked cool? Body slamming a grown man into the turf with one arm looks cool. I don’t get why people make it out to be a big deal.

Also, get used to DK being overhyped. The media tends to leach onto a few players with unique traits in most sports. It becomes extremely annoying when you’re not a fan of the player(s) especially in a game against them. Even as a huge DK fan I think the announcers needed to relax a bit. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Probably because it looked cool? Body slamming a grown man into the turf with one arm looks cool. I don’t get why people make it out to be a big deal.

Also, get used to DK being overhyped. The media tends to leach onto a few players with unique traits in most sports. It becomes extremely annoying when you’re not a fan of the player(s) especially in a game against them. Even as a huge DK fan I think the announcers needed to relax a bit. 

Don’t get me wrong I’m not hating it’s just becoming annoying that being said he’s insanely talented. The stiff arm got more coverage than the drop meanwhile if he catches that ball the Giants probably lose, that being said I’m grateful and I’ll take the win lol. Your point is spot on though in regards to the media leaching onto certain players. 

Edited by CroNY
5 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

That was bad. He needs to spend all off season working on catching the ball.

I could be wrong, but wasn't this the reason why he dropped in the draft? 

13 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Bradberry was going for the ball and actually almost knocked it loose. That's why it looks worse than it actually was.

Correct. That drop against the Giants would not be a very big deal in isolation and was not the worst he's had this year. However, he has had a few pretty bad drops during the course of the season that call his hands into question. Not complaining because his other traits are off the charts and he's a stud but his hands may be the reason he doesn't end up being THE guy for the next 10 seasons.

44 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Did it look cool? He was brought down immediately. Zero effectiveness. How was that cool lol

Derrick Henry’s stiff arm was cool

40 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Bradberry was going for the ball and actually almost knocked it loose. That's why it looks worse than it actually was.

Bradberry could’ve knocked it loose and the media and other people would still be like “OOHH METCALF WITH A BEAST STIFF ARM” 

it’s funny

40 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

It may have been one reason. He also had an awful time in one of the drills(cone?) that I think scouts didn't like. It was years ago though, my memory isn't perfect 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, owenmills said:

It may have been one reason. He also had an awful time in one of the drills(cone?) that I think scouts didn't like. It was years ago though, my memory isn't perfect 

Yep, it was the agility drill. I think Tom Brady recorded a quicker time. That definitely scared some scouts off.