Boudewijn

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook

His hands are pretty terrible. Even on alot of balls he catches when they show the slo-mo he's not catching it as cleanly as polished WRs. Trapping alot of them against his body. I think you can improve that to a certain extent but he'll never have great hands. AJ Green apparently learned to juggle really well when he was a kid. To have the world class hands alot of these guys have I think it's a decades in the making process.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fat Clemenza said:

Loved that story they told last night.  Wilson took Metcalf on a vacation to bond and get on the same page.  When they got together Wilson asked, "did you bring your cleats"?  Metcalf responded, "my cleats?????  I brought my helmet"!!!  LOL

Don't get it.

4 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Don't get it.

Ya don't need your helmet when you are out on the field just practicing routes with no defender.

1 minute ago, FavreCo said:

Ya don't need your helmet when you are out on the field just practicing routes with no defender.

Ah......I thought it was a I'm too good for cleats, confidence thing.

Just dumb.

It means he was ready.. dude can get better, thats the scary part...honestly love to see him workout with antonio brown or Anquan boldin 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hard1 said:

It means he was ready.. dude can get better, thats the scary part...honestly love to see him workout with antonio brown or Anquan boldin 

Yeah, if he can get tutored by one of the greats, look out. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Please dont let Antonio Brown get anywhere near this guy. I know, they were almost teammates. But still. Theres a handful of legends that he could learn from with no risk of poor influence. I've already noticed DK coming out of his shell more lately, so to speak. Getting theatrical on the field or on the sidelines when he doesnt get a ball thrown his way when he was open, or getting into shoving matches with DBs way more frequently. Also uncharacteristically letting his guard down when he got the ball knocked out of his hand at the 1 while walking into the endzone. Dont get me wrong, he's got a great head on his shoulders and hes simply very passionate and competitive. Not a diva. But there's a fine line between being competitive and becoming a diva, especially as a marketable superstar WR as weve seen in the past. Would hate to see him teeter the wrong way, and I wouldnt risk someone like AB tarnishing his passion and competitive nature, or even let him get a taste of whatever went wrong in AB's. I realize AB is a special case, but still. 

Also I dont know if Metcalf needs any help working out. Boldin and AB would probably be the ones asking him questions. 

(Kidding, I know you meant football-wise.)

• Like 2

He reminds me of TO (on the field). Incredible size/speed with occasional suspect hands. 

Last week he had a 41 yard catch called back due to penalty, a 9 yard TD drop, and a drop on a slant that he could have ran 20+ more yards on. 

Yesterday he was 1 yard short of a long TD and dropped the 22 yard TD. 

Earlier in the season he had the boneheaded fumble at the 1 celebrating early. 

He is incredible but just imagine what his numbers can be if he cleans up a few things. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cbsholy said:

Please dont let Antonio Brown get anywhere near this guy. I know, they were almost teammates. But still. Theres a handful of legends that he could learn from with no risk of poor influence. I've already noticed DK coming out of his shell more lately, so to speak. Getting theatrical on the field or on the sidelines when he doesnt get a ball thrown his way when he was open, or getting into shoving matches with DBs way more frequently. Also uncharacteristically letting his guard down when he got the ball knocked out of his hand at the 1 while walking into the endzone. Dont get me wrong, he's got a great head on his shoulders and hes simply very passionate and competitive. Not a diva. But there's a fine line between being competitive and becoming a diva, especially as a marketable superstar WR as weve seen in the past. Would hate to see him teeter the wrong way, and I wouldnt risk someone like AB tarnishing his passion and competitive nature, or even let him get a taste of whatever went wrong in AB's. I realize AB is a special case, but still. 

Also I dont know if Metcalf needs any help working out. Boldin and AB would probably be the ones asking him questions. 

(Kidding, I know you meant football-wise.)

💯 

You don’t want AB near ANY of your talented,  impressionable young wrs.   Lockett is the perfect partner for DK in Seattle.    He’s got his head on straight and there’s no infighting over targets or role.