Boudewijn

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, n4sa said:

You will be fine, DK will win you weeks and that is all that matters.

this ^

kid's a friggin' beast. 

3 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Who is the WR to own in the Seattle offense? Locket or Metcalf? 

Both are solid, if I had to choose only one tho I'd say DK

• Like 1

I like Lockett but the potential for DK is top 5 WR tier. Russell WIlson is in his prime and DK Metcalf is a freak of nature about to explode.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, n4sa said:

I like Lockett but the potential for DK is top 5 WR tier. Russell WIlson is in his prime and DK Metcalf is a freak of nature about to explode.

I’d give him a fighter’s chance for maybe top10, if everything breaks right. He’s nowhere near that elite tier of Hill, Thomas, Hopkins, Julio.

Seattle just doesn’t operate in airspace that often & DK still needs to expand his route tree. He’s a freak no doubt, and I love watching him manhandle defenders.

But his ceiling currently is not that high, atleast not yet. Lockett in his own right is a very good reciever. Which actually helps Metcalf tremendously, but also caps his ceiling on a run first team. 

I’m personally targeting him and Ridley everywhere, after going RB heavy the first few rounds. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 2

DK is, within a year or two, going to be putting up prime Dez Bryant numbers with double digit TDs...I expect him to develop into a lot better technician than Dez ever was able to.  From what we saw year one this isn’t one of those freaks on paper who can’t translate it to reality, he looked legit although at times raw. And to think this guy and A.J. brown were on the same college team...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

DK is, within a year or two, going to be putting up prime Dez Bryant numbers with double digit TDs...I expect him to develop into a lot better technician than Dez ever was able to.  From what we saw year one this isn’t one of those freaks on paper who can’t translate it to reality, he looked legit although at times raw. And to think this guy and A.J. brown were on the same college team...

Why do you think chad kelly was even a thing? 

4 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Has missed one game in 6 career years so.....no. 

this is very not true...

5 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Has missed one game in 6 career years so.....no. 

Impressive considering he hasn't even played 6 seasons in the league. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Unless he gets injured this season, I don't see how he doesn't reach at least 1k yards 10+ touchdowns this season.

Nice little read here if you've invested into the Seahawks passing game:

#LetRussCook has been a mantra of desperate Seahawks fans for a few years now – desperate for Russell Wilson to be fully unleashed from the opening kickoff.#

We’ve seen the same script play itself out so many times: The Seahawks get down big early before making a furious comeback in the fourth quarter behind Wilson’s brilliance. Sometimes Seattle is able to overcome ridiculous odds and get a miraculous win. Other times, like in Week 17 vs. the 49ers and in the Divisional Round against the Packers, the Seahawks fall short.

The logic behind the hashtag is that if the Seahawks relied more heavily on Wilson from the jump – rather than obsess over establishing the run – they’d be able to avoid that script.

“The reality is I just want to win,” Wilson said on Thursday when asked about the “Let Russ Cook” movement.

But Wilson, while being the ultimate team-first player, is also a competitor, and he knows that having the ball in his hands gives Seattle the best chance to win game. He said he wants to find a way to score more points in 2020 and “dominate games.”

“At the end of the day I want the ball in my hands,” Wilson said. “I want to be able to make plays and give us a chance to win. That doesn’t mean just me chucking it around, but I feel like the more times I have the ball in my hands, the more things that can happen. I think the defense worries about that, too.”

Wilson agreed that the Seahawks would be wise to adopt a more aggressive approach in the early going of games. He noted that since he became the starter in 2012, Seattle is 57-0 when leading by at least four points at halftime. That’s a pretty bananas stat.

Pete Carroll is famous for the mantra of not being able to win games until the fourth quarter. The sentiment makes sense: that you need to stay focused for all 60 minutes, no matter if you’re up big or down big. But it also inherently overemphasizes the fourth quarter compared to the other three.

“Getting ahead is a key thing,” Wilson said. “I do believe in finishing strong. We’ve won a lot of games in the fourth quarter and been able to do some fun things in the fourth quarter. Let’s treat every quarter like it’s the fourth quarter. That’s my mentality.”

According to ESPN's Brady Henderson, Wilson ranks 12th in pass attempts in quarters 1-3 over the last four seasons. He ranks third in pass attempts in the fourth quarter and overtime over that same time span.

Wilson previously said this offseason that he wanted more up-tempo throughout a game. Pete Carroll acknowledged his quarterback’s wishes when he met with media back at the NFL Combine. Wilson has now doubled down on that desire given his comments on Thursday.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-qb-russell-wilson-lets-treat-every-quarter-fourth-quarter
Whether or not we see a philosophy change from the Seahawks offense in 2020 will be one of Seattle’s biggest storylines this season.

Really hoping Wilson has one of those years where he attempts 550+ passes. Probably won't since Carroll likes to run but this article has me wondering just how fun things could get if they were to let Russ loose a little more. 

I think Metcalf will be fine either way -- he seems to get very rewarding targets from Russ. But if the Seahawks passing philosophy changes at all, it will only change for the better. And especially with these comments from Wilson, I think this guy has a pretty decent floor and a very high ceiling. Really like this guy in standard leagues or TD-heavy scoring...hard to remember that he was incredibly raw coming out of college, I'd like to think a guy with the discipline to look the way he does has worked hard on his craft over the offseason after a full year with pro coaches and a guy like Wilson giving him tips

5 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

We’ve seen the same script play itself out so many times: The Seahawks get down big early before making a furious comeback in the fourth quarter behind Wilson’s brilliance. Sometimes Seattle is able to overcome ridiculous odds and get a miraculous win. Other times, like in Week 17 vs. the 49ers and in the Divisional Round against the Packers, the Seahawks fall short.

Yeah... do you want to know how many times that happened last season? Against the Saints, the 49ers and the Packers in the divisional playoffs - that's 3 out of 18 games, and they lost all three.

15 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Awfully quiet here. Just took him over AJ Brown.

Is Lockett injury prone?

I can't tell if you think it would help or hurt DK, but Metcalf owners want Lockett to stay healthy. They need each other to keep the defense honest, and DK can absolutely take the next step and become the Seattle WR1 and a fantasy stud with Lockett there. 

Edited by owenmills

8 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I can't tell if you think it would help or hurt DK, but Metcalf owners want Lockett to stay healthy. They need each other to keep the defense honest, and DK can absolutely take the next step and become the Seattle WR1 and a fantasy stud with Lockett there. 

this ^ 

DJ is a freak, but dunno if he's 100% ready yet to be top dog on the outside ... having Lockett healthy as the 1A (or 1B, for chipz n' gigglez) does a great deal of good for this kid. 

This didn’t seem like a particularly good game from DK and he still put up good fantasy stats.  For every highlight he had a lowlight or two especially that egregious drop.  Kind of sucks he’s still struggling with his hands but the way he burnt that corner on that go route made up for it.

Can’t wait for the inevitable 2TD 130+ yard games when he displays his sheer physical dominance and doesn’t have the dropsies.

I may have been completely wrong about DK this year. It looks like Seattle is finally letting Russ sling the ball, which is terrifying for the rest of the league.

If Russ averages 30 attempts a game DK is probably a WR1

Such a beast.

The one guy I was heavily targeting this year, but came away with 0 shares.

Enjoy fellas, it’s gonna be a sweet ride. 

2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Such a beast.

The one guy I was heavily targeting this year, but came away with 0 shares.

Enjoy fellas, it’s gonna be a sweet ride. 

Me too :( he went 4th round in all my leagues and I just couldn’t pull the trigger that early. He’s gonna be 1200 and double digit touchdowns this year. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Breesus said:

I may have been completely wrong about DK this year. It looks like Seattle is finally letting Russ sling the ball, which is terrifying for the rest of the league.

If Russ averages 30 attempts a game DK is probably a WR1

Getting the feeling they're going to get Wilson that MVP this year.

Metcalf is such an outlier physically plus combining him with a QB as accurate and Wilson and it's going to be fun to watch for everyone except whoever draws the Metcalf assignment on defense.

1 minute ago, Illusion_J said:

Getting the feeling they're going to get Wilson that MVP this year.

Metcalf is such an outlier physically plus combining him with a QB as accurate and Wilson and it's going to be fun to watch for everyone except whoever draws the Metcalf assignment on defense.

Forreal. I just “bought high” on him through a trade, but I think he’s in for a great year. Better to get him now then wait and see him blow up even more