Boudewijn

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook

I absolutely love having this guy in a TD heavy + distance scoring league. If he hadnt dropped that easy 15 yard catch he'd have cleared 100 yards 

Hes not even fully polished yet but hes in a perfect situation to utilize his talents and skillset. Russell Wilson dropped that TD right in his breadbasket. Seems like Russ knows just how to utilize his receivers based on their skillset, and I'm convinced he has eyes on the back of his head.  

14 minutes ago, thefranchise3 said:

I picked him over Kupp, Chark, McLaurin at 5.1 in a 12 team league. So far so good.

He went one pick ahead of mine at 5.8 and I am still bummed because I had him last year and knew he would be even better this season.  

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

Gotta think he's going to be seeing a lot of S. Gilmore Sunday night.

The Falcons were basically doubling him for a good portion of the game.

It will be fun though for sure to watch that matchup. 

7 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Gotta think he's going to be seeing a lot of S. Gilmore Sunday night.

Yeah I’m probably sitting him next week but rest of season outlook is fantastic. 

3 hours ago, cbsholy said:

I absolutely love having this guy in a TD heavy + distance scoring league. If he hadnt dropped that easy 15 yard catch he'd have cleared 100 yards 

Hes not even fully polished yet but hes in a perfect situation to utilize his talents and skillset. Russell Wilson dropped that TD right in his breadbasket. Seems like Russ knows just how to utilize his receivers based on their skillset, and I'm convinced he has eyes on the back of his head.  

Metcalf landed in the best possible spot for his skill set. 

Very tough matchup this week against NE, could possibly be shadowed by Gilmore. If he has a good game this Sunday that will tell us all we need to know. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Breesus said:

Very tough matchup this week against NE, could possibly be shadowed by Gilmore. If he has a good game this Sunday that will tell us all we need to know. 

Could be shadowed by Gillmore, or as someone in another thread pointed out, sometimes Belichick likes to put Gillmore on the #2 receiver and then double-team the #1 receiver. Either way, tough sledding. I'm not expecting a great game here, but as long as he's DK Metcalf and has Wilson throwing him the ball, all it takes is one play for this combo to make fireworks and salvage the day's statline.

On 9/14/2020 at 7:31 PM, FavreCo said:

Metcalf landed in the best possible spot for his skill set. 

hard to argue with that ... St.Russell is so effin' clutch - there's gonna be a ton of fireworks this year.  

Going to be fun to watch. Tough to say who comes out on top this year between him and Lockett

On 9/14/2020 at 6:12 PM, mulhollandvelvet said:

Yeah I’m probably sitting him next week but rest of season outlook is fantastic. 

Yeah tough start this week, but screw it.

If Gilmore is on him I'm not even worried about Metcalf this week.  Metcalf has the ability to win contested balls with his wingspan (which is unmatched) and strength, similar to Parker who Gilmore struggled with last year.  Combine that with his elite speed and Wilson's accuracy which is probably best in the league and it's hard to envision a corner matchup that Metcalf would struggle against.  

I'd look for Metcalf to be doubled with a safety over the top which may limit his ability to get a big play, leaving Lockett vs Gilmore.  Hopefully the Seahawks can find a way to exploit a slip up or a tendency they find.  They may even just fire a couple to Metcalf and see what he can do anyway, when you have the biggest target area in the league for a receiver plus the accuracy of Wilson there's lots of room to make completions downfield even in good coverage.

• Like 1

Blossoming superstar.  Dusted up a legendary CB today who shadowed him all night.  Straight mossed him on that bomb. Now we say he metcalfed him.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Blossoming superstar. 

He will be if they let Russ keep airing it out. 

3 minutes ago, Bandito said:

He will be if they let Russ keep airing it out. 

yeah they will, they have to as they no longer have a shutdown D and have to score and take shots.  A look at their upcoming schedule looks absolutely juicy too...those who have the Russ DK stack have to be pretty pleased.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I wish there was more volume but you can't argue with the big plays. 

Just not going to be DK this year yet. I think we are going to get between 70-80 receptions, 1,100-1,250 yards, and TDs are fluky but I’d say he’s a good bet for double digit TDs.

Calvin didn’t hit 90+ receptions until year 5, Julio year 4, and Dez year 3 for example. Even then during their primes you’d get 80 or so reception seasons. A lot of times these guys don’t win you games by slowly going up on your fantasy app. They win you games by doing what DK has been doing this year.

By the way, I 100% think DK has that 100+/1,500+ potential and I personally expect him to hit it eventually. Just not this season. The timing is still off with Wilson on routes that really require it (like back shoulder and curls) and while his route running is clearly better it’s still not all there. Lockett and Wilson on the other hand have a great connection and so he’s going to continue to get a lot of targets on crucial 3rd downs for example.

So yeah, for dynasty owners football domination is coming eventually. In redraft, I’d guess you’ll most likely have to settle for regular old WR1 production from your WR2-3.

On 9/21/2020 at 12:49 AM, brosephd said:

this is what AJ brown owners thought they were getting. 

As an AJ Brown owner--this is true.   :(