urban2014

Josh Rosen 2020 Outlook

Trade target from Miami.  He is 23

On 5/22/2020 at 3:00 PM, urban2014 said:

Trade target from Miami.  He is 23

Look for the Pats to acquire with a 2021 third round pick... and then cut Rosen two weeks later. I know this makes no sense, but it does if you are a Pats fan and have seen the odd way Belichick operates. 

The worst passer in all of football when throwing from a CLEAN pocket under zero pressure. Inaccurate, immobile, uninspiring, non-playmaking QB. Awful.

Easily one of the biggest busts in NFL history - I maintained before the 2018 Draft that he had no business being drafted in the 1st round, and I was obviously correct. He had manufactured stats at UCLA in a QB-friendly WCO, padded his stats against soft defenses playing from behind in shootouts because his defense was so bad. 

Josh Rosen has no talent. Nobody wants to build around him, because there's absolutely nothing to build around. He does not have an NFL QB skill-set. There's just nothing there. He can't play. He's a bad football player. The story has already been written.

R.I.P. Josh Rosen's NFL Career.

• Like 2

He is not done in the NFL . 

19 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Go ask DeShone Kizer how he's doing. His career was over at age 22.

The only town where you can start your career like that and not get chased out with tar and feathers is Detroit. Any other team, if you disappoint that much, there's plenty more QBs. Sorry man.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Go ask DeShone Kizer how he's doing. His career was over at age 22.

The only town where you can start your career like that and not get chased out with tar and feathers is Detroit. Any other team, if you disappoint that much, there's plenty more QBs. Sorry man.

1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

JaMarcus Russell was done at 24. This with 1st pick draft capital and $31.5M guaranteed. Rosen's entire contract is only $14.6M.

He MAY be good enough to start on....4 teams? But chances are would only be seen as a backup....that with questions about how important football is to him.

Not gonna get it done.

Edited by this guy right here

Russell had character issues 

I feel so vindicated saying before 2018 nfl draft that any team drafting this bum with a pick in the first 3 rounds would be a moron. Any week he starts for any nfl team stream your defense against him. Let the good times roll. I still can not believe mike mccarthy lost to a rosen qb cards team in 2018. Sorry cowboys fans you fired jason garrett for fat jason garrett.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just wanted to check out his career stats on PFR (waste of time, i know), stumbled across his full name.  WTF?!

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 11.00.59 PM.png

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kdko said:

Just wanted to check out his career stats on PFR (waste of time, i know), stumbled across his full name.  WTF?!

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 11.00.59 PM.png

36005168_1471703106.jpg

J. B. Lippincott & Co. was an American publishing house founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1836 by Joshua Ballinger Lippincott. It was incorporated in 1885 as J. B. Lippincott Company.[1]:26–29

In 1990, Lippincott and Gower was acquired by Wolters Kluwer N.V. of The Netherlands. J. B. Lippincott Company celebrated its 200th anniversary in 1992.[1]:44–48

Without looking, I want to bet that his name was the most exciting thing on his PFR page.

36005168_1471703106.jpg

Without looking, I want to bet that his name was the most exciting thing on his PFR page.

What a trip.  Is this a well known thing about him?  Some rich trust fund kid.  I don't follow college ball too closely.

Posted (edited)

Lions could bring in Rosen, Stafford is a FA after this upcoming season and is getting older to. 

Edited by Rush2112

To be fair he was put into some pretty terrible situations in his first 2 seasons. Team with no o-line and a braindead OC, then traded to a team with a first time HC that was looking to tank for most of the season. Cardinals never should have drafted an immobile QB that high when they didn't have a half decent line to protect him.

3 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Lions could bring in Rosen, Stafford is a FA after this upcoming season and is getting older to. 

This is why the lions are just horrible and always will be. Even the browns at least try. 

2 hours ago, sSektor said:

To be fair he was put into some pretty terrible situations in his first 2 seasons. Team with no o-line and a braindead OC, then traded to a team with a first time HC that was looking to tank for most of the season. Cardinals never should have drafted an immobile QB that high when they didn't have a half decent line to protect him.

Rosen is brutal. No reason to spin it. Even in terrible situations rookie QBs should be able to show some flashes of talent. David Carr still had his moments playing for a terrible expansion team. I havent seen anything from Rosen that make me think he can even be a good backup QB.

9 hours ago, kdko said:

What a trip.  Is this a well known thing about him?  Some rich trust fund kid.  I don't follow college ball too closely.

Word gets around. He's from an upper class jewish family. His background counted against him, as people were asking; "is he coachable?", "Does he even like football?", "Is he a good leader?", among other things: https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/05/nfl-combine-2018-news-josh-rosen-shaquem-griffin-mmqb-peter-king

Exec after exec said the same things about Rosen. One called the former UCLA quarterback a combination of Jeff George and Jay Cutler who would struggle to lead a team. Another worried that Rosen was not durable, comparing him to current Cardinals starter Sam Bradford.

"I think they have it set up right in Arizona because [offensive coordinator] Mike McCoy can speak the kid's language and talk fast enough to try to stay ahead of the kid so he does not get bored," an insider said.

An exec noted that quarterbacks coach Byron Leftwich, already considered future head-coaching material by former Cardinals coach Bruce Arians, would become a shooting star if he could help mold Rosen into a success.

"Byron will be good for the kid if Rosen allows it," an insider said.

This insider then let out a chuckle.

"Byron in about a week will probably want to take a poke at him," this insider continued. "He's from f---ing D.C., and he ain't having a cake eater walk in and act like an a--h---."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/insider/story/_/id/23374287/2018-nfl-draft-execs-unfiltered-every-team-picks-baker-mayfield-saquon-barkley-josh-rosen-lamar-jackson-more

A lot of this was off the record, granted...but it makes sense when you notice how notoriously picky the NFL can be when it comes to the 'profile' of their athletes. And Rosen definitely doesn't fit the mould.

Can't really complain about this, as the NFL is [mostly] fair and meritocratic in nature. Rosen probably just isn't good enough. He's lost 2 years of his career on two awful teams, a knockdown that's nearly impossible to recover from.

There's probably some truth to the 'rumors'. I remember reading something about how Fitzpatrick ate lunch with the linemen, had the trust of his teammates, and took the decision out of the coaches hands just by being more 'likeable'. The team didn't want to play hard for Rosen. Sometimes its like that.

NFL scouts and evaluators have their misses, but they usually get it right with QBs. Far too much time spent on analyzing the QB position. Even the smaller details, like the ones mentioned above, can make a difference. Especially if its commonly-held opinion within the league.

I like Josh, i hope he does well...but its not looking good for his career at the moment.

You can not use the argument he played for 2 crappy teams as an excuse. Fitzpatrick took the same team from week 8 on and beat the eagles and the patriots. i get fitzpatrick is like a 15 year vet but still what is rosen excuse to not show something in 2 years? The dude was always pac 12 trash. I feel so vindicated in my analysis of him. I admit to being wrong about matt ryan in 2008 and I did not think he was worth a top 5 pick so I do have my misses.

On 5/31/2020 at 7:10 PM, this guy right here said:

Questions about how important football is to an NFL is a character issue.

I never understood his arrogance (like the "9 mistakes ahead of me" comment) especially if its true that he doesnt love football.

7 minutes ago, Evincar said:

especially if its true that he doesnt love football.

Sorry, I will never be a Rosen fan but this argument is simply BS.

As far as I can see this idea stems from this interview: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2722587-josh-rosen-qa-ucla-qb-on-injuries-ncaa-and-post-nfl-goal-to-own-the-world

Those Rosen statements were told to Bleacher Report from four different NFL scouts, personnel people in charge of grading one of the most talented yet polarizing college football players in years.

All four agree that in all of 19 career games at UCLA, Rosen has displayed off-the-charts ability. None can agree how it will play out over an NFL career.

One scout says Rosen will eventually get "bored" with football, turn his sights to "changing the world" and be gone within four years. One says he's the next Aaron Rodgers.

One scout says anyone scared off by Rosen's direct and brutally honest personality "should have their head examined—it's football, not your local f--king co-op"—but cautions that Rosen's path could mirror that of Hackenberg: a huge recruit who never got better in college and is now "just a guy" in the NFL.

One scout says Rosen doesn't have a love for the game—that he lacks a certain fire and passion.

In the interview you can see he's cocky, he's arrogant, he also has a good head on his shoulders, and he makes some good statements that are going to rile a lot of people. But as he said himself, he made the choice himself to play through injuries, and he chose football over school.

The real knock on him is that he's just not really good enough in the NFL. That may be because he doesn't work hard enough or doesn't give that 110% - or maybe his cockiness gets in the way. But if he plays at 95% and produces, nobody cares. Ben Roethlisberger seems to take things quite lightly when he's not on the field, and it got him 2 SB rings. 

It's funny to me how scared the NFL is of smart players, especially given the farce of putting players through college first.

Sorry, I will never be a Rosen fan but this argument is simply BS.

As far as I can see this idea stems from this interview: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2722587-josh-rosen-qa-ucla-qb-on-injuries-ncaa-and-post-nfl-goal-to-own-the-world

In the interview you can see he's cocky, he's arrogant, he also has a good head on his shoulders, and he makes some good statements that are going to rile a lot of people. But as he said himself, he made the choice himself to play through injuries, and he chose football over school.

The real knock on him is that he's just not really good enough in the NFL. That may be because he doesn't work hard enough or doesn't give that 110% - or maybe his cockiness gets in the way. But if he plays at 95% and produces, nobody cares. Ben Roethlisberger seems to take things quite lightly when he's not on the field, and it got him 2 SB rings. 

It's funny to me how scared the NFL is of smart players, especially given the farce of putting players through college first.

College is the minor league for this sport. Bad QB year. It was Allen, the Lock for me. Both better talents. Lock to me is an Aaron Rodgers in waiting.