theSPANKER

Carlos Hyde 2020 Outlook

Dealing with hamstring injury
October 26, 2020
Hyde suffered a hamstring injury during Sunday's 37-34 loss to the Cardinals, John Boyle of the Seahawks' official site reports.
ANALYSIS
Hyde took over as Seattle's lead back after Chris Carson sprained his foot in the second quarter, but coach Pete Carroll revealed Monday that Hyde picked up an injury as well. The Seahawks' top three running backs are now battling injuries after Travis Homer suffered a knee contusion during the divisional tilt, leaving rookie DeeJay Dallas as the only healthy remaining back. Homer's status is unclear, Carson is week-to-week, and Hyde's status isn't favorable because of the soft-tissue nature of his injury. We'll have a better idea of the trio's respective statuses once practices start up Wednesday. If they're all ruled out for Sunday's game versus the 49ers, Dallas likely would lead the backfield because Rashaad Penny (knee) isn't expected to be ready in time. Patrick Carr is on the practice squad and may be an option, and Marshawn Lynch's name could be floated under these circumstances as well.
  • Like 1

Falling like dominoes.  Wonder how serious his hammy injury is.  He was in the game pretty late, but not on the last drive.

Hopefully we hear something tomorrow, unlikely as that is. 

Just great ... waivers run on Wednesday too. This is not ideal whatsoever

I guess tomorrow night we all need to make a judgment call.

I'd still put in a reasonable waiver bid for Hyde and take the gamble. At least Hyde is guaranteed a big role if he does play. Backup plan is to scoop up Dallas as a free agent because I'm not even sure how the situation would play out if Hyde did get injured.

Tough spot with waiver setting looming.

Think I'm still making Hyde my #1 priority only because I think D. Dallas is off my league's radar. 

Grab Hyde tonight, keep an eye on sleeperbot for practice reports, have Dallas on speed dial.

2 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Tough spot with waiver setting looming.

Think I'm still making Hyde my #1 priority only because I think D. Dallas is off my league's radar. 

Grab Hyde tonight, keep an eye on sleeperbot for practice reports, have Dallas on speed dial.

Is Travis Homer for sure not going to play? This is such a messy situation. for a RB streamer against the 49ers. 

5 minutes ago, Moveless said:

Is Travis Homer for sure not going to play? This is such a messy situation. for a RB streamer against the 49ers. 

Travis has a knee contusion, I doubt it

I’d rather waste my priority on the chance this guy plays than willingly start singletary. So that’s what I’m doing

4 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

I’d rather waste my priority on the chance this guy plays than willingly start singletary. So that’s what I’m doing

well considering carson is to miss the next 2 weeks, you're likely to at least start hyde next week if you can't this week. 

Nabbed him off of free agency. I expect him to play week 9. Not sure about this week against san fran 

13 hours ago, Blats said:

Waivers tomorrow. What’s the consensus?

Wish he was playing this week. So you need someone expendable for a stash for week 9. If so you can stash for a 1 week play

Seahawks' Carlos Hyde: Injury downplayed
2H AGO •
Coach Pete Carroll said Wednesday that Hyde 's hamstring injury is "not major," Michael -Shawn Dugar of The Athletic reports. Carroll used the term "tightness" when describing Hyde 's injury earlier in the week, and he reiterated Wednesday that this isn't a serious issue. That prognosis should be taken with a grain of salt, as Carroll's often overly optimistic about his players' injury statuses, and he's talking about a 30-year old running back with a soft-tissue injury. However, Hyde carries a strong upside if he's able to play because Chris Carson (foot) is very questionable ahead of Sunday's game against the 49ers, and Travis Homer (knee) was held out of practice Wednesday. We'll know more as the practice week progresses, but at this point, DeeJay Dallas is the only Seahawks running back that's fully healthy heading into Week 8.

1 hour ago, Silkk1211 said:

Might be a lot of wasted faab by a lot of people😬

Not if you're a Carson owner. I was able to grab him for free as no one put in a bid, but after a second injury scare to Carson, I"m not dropping him this time.

• Like 1

his hammy scared my leaguemates from putting in a bid, so i picked him up for 0 faab. lol
i think he starts next week at a minimum.

So did Seattle not practice today(sarcasm)? Haven’t seen any update on him or Carson.

The key day for Hyde is tomorrow. He was going to miss practice this week with the injury. If he gets in a limited at least it might means he plays. 

For ever the optimist Carroll says "might keep him from getting in there."...Hyde is not playing...

Just now, mar111kle said:

For ever the optimist Carroll says "might keep him from getting in there."...Hyde is not playing...

this ^

They signed Alex Collins. He honestly might be the bellcow this week. Carson, Hyde, and Homer all sound on the doubtful side of questionable. 

2 minutes ago, mar111kle said:

My thoughts as well. I still don't get why he's calling Carson a gametime decision either...I see no scenario of him playing and it would be dumb for Seattle to risk losing him even longer.