Boudewijn

D.J. Chark 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Yolo swag, im popping him back in the line up i dont care.

Like it.  After all he's still the #1, in a great matchup up, and - if you take away the recency frustration bias - then thinking he's a decoy or at risk for reinjury is 1000% guesswork.  And you know that's what every Holiday Inn Express coach or doctor is overanalyzing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

This guy. 

I going to watch him go off on my bench and try to trade this team killer. 

Who are you starting over him? I've always been a firm believer in starting your studs but I understand why you'd have reservations.

Just now, RoseLin23 said:

Who are you starting over him? I've always been a firm believer in starting your studs but I understand why you'd have reservations.

Justin jefferson, but im not happy about that either

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I’ve been combing the WW and I really can’t find anyone. Considering Christian Kirk but I don’t like that either even against Dallas. 

I play non ppr which may be why I’m more down on him. What really bothers me is his targets. The whole reason I drafted Chark was for his targets and chemistry with Minshew neither of which have been present this season. The fact he went off during the last time he was injured all week makes this even more frustrating. I just hope I’m able to trade him for someone of value because I certainly can’t see trusting him for the price I drafted him (5th) ROS. 

• Like 1

I think I'm gonna start him. I have a few other decent options, but Chark is a guy I put a lot of faith into in the draft and I want to believe he can still turn this season around. If he burns me this week I will likely bench him until he strings a few good games together.

• Like 1

Playing Hardman over Chark. Chark has a great matchup here, just nervous he re-injures that ankle and sits out. Can see him going for 2 TDs also.... 

5 minutes ago, Mmiller186 said:

Playing Hardman over Chark. Chark has a great matchup here, just nervous he re-injures that ankle and sits out. Can see him going for 2 TDs also.... 

Lol i had the same choice and literally the exact same thought process but went Chark bc I’m not a doctor!

Wells at least it wasn't a goose egg but still not a great fantasy day. I think he's a bench going forward unless you're in a really deep league. Zero consistency.

11 minutes ago, drisser said:

Wells at least it wasn't a goose egg but still not a great fantasy day. I think he's a bench going forward unless you're in a really deep league. Zero consistency.

LMAO he had 14 targets.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Everynameistaken said:

Did anyone watched the game? Was he limping out there?

I was listening to the bounce around coverage on Sirius in the first half. They cut into the JAX game just in time to hear Minshew take an endzone shot to Cole that was incomplete, but the analyst said Chark was wide open in the endzone, so much so that Minshew could have “lollipopped” the ball to him he said.  Minshew just didn’t see him/look his way.  Frustrating. 

• Like 1

14 targets, 7 catches, obvious alpha role and people are complaining?

10 minutes ago, Magoo said:

LMAO he had 14 targets.  

Good point, didn't check the targets, just his actual production. Still, he only got 3/4/4 targets in weeks 1/2/5. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come but you can't deny he's been extremely inconsistent. Also, how many of those targets were behind or at the line of scrimmage and would've led to little to no yardage? Seems like he had a lot of 1-2 yard catches today.

6 minutes ago, drisser said:

Good point, didn't check the targets, just his actual production. Still, he only got 3/4/4 targets in weeks 1/2/5. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come but you can't deny he's been extremely inconsistent. Also, how many of those targets were behind or at the line of scrimmage and would've led to little to no yardage? Seems like he had a lot of 1-2 yard catches today.

Blame Minshew. He’s looked like trashed recently. Shades of Bortles.

5 hours ago, FreakFries said:

I’ve been combing the WW and I really can’t find anyone. Considering Christian Kirk but I don’t like that either even against Dallas. 

I play non ppr which may be why I’m more down on him. What really bothers me is his targets. The whole reason I drafted Chark was for his targets and chemistry with Minshew neither of which have been present this season. The fact he went off during the last time he was injured all week makes this even more frustrating. I just hope I’m able to trade him for someone of value because I certainly can’t see trusting him for the price I drafted him (5th) ROS. 

Targets? You mean the guy who got 14 today including I think 2 red zones ones. Jags showed who they are today terrible will be losing every game, he will get garbage time points while they chase. 

I found this game rather discouraging. He got a lot of targets against a soft defense and caught 50% of them for a low yardage total. He probably won’t see 14 targets much more this year. I found better WR options later in the draft and from the WW so Chark is now an emergency start only for me. 

• Like 2

He has a backup caliber QB and is a good but not elite player. His output this season is the culmination of that.

Edited by cheezor42
  • Like 2

Minshew has looked pretty bad the last few weeks... Encouraging that at least the target share was up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Minshew has looked pretty bad the last few weeks... Encouraging that at least the target share was up. 

Ok now that's funny.

Well Minshew and the HC aren’t going anywhere, this year anyway. Probably draft a QB next year.