Boudewijn

D.J. Chark 2020 Outlook

7 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Dede just isn't that good. He was horribly inefficient with his abundance of targets last year

I guess we'll see.  I love DJC size / speed combination for a below average QB.

Regardless, I'm struggling to get behind the draft capitol to acquire him.

Yall just don't be shocked if Dede finishes in a similar range of Fantasy Points and costs you nothing in comparison.

And if I'm wrong, I blew a pick in the teens and not a 4th rounder (12 team PPR).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I guess we'll see.  I love DJC size / speed combination for a below average QB.

Regardless, I'm struggling to get behind the draft capitol to acquire him.

Yall just don't be shocked if Dede finishes in a similar range of Fantasy Points and costs you nothing in comparison.

And if I'm wrong, I blew a pick in the teens and not a 4th rounder (12 team PPR).

This is such a silly take. You have back to back years of evidence of who Dede Westbrook is. Chark is an elite athlete, broke out in his second season and is the unquestioned number one on a team that is going to have to throw the ball constantly. There are no indicators to think inefficient Westbrook will all of a sudden make some kind of jump. He has no upside and there are far better fliers late in the draft.  Chark is going right where he belongs and has a very realistic path to WR1 production. Think about where Calvin Ridley would be going if he did what Chark did last year.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

This is such a silly take. You have back to back years of evidence of who Dede Westbrook is. Chark is an elite athlete, broke out in his second season and is the unquestioned number one on a team that is going to have to throw the ball constantly. There are no indicators to think inefficient Westbrook will all of a sudden make some kind of jump. He has no upside and there are far better fliers late in the draft.  Chark is going right where he belongs and has a very realistic path to WR1 production. Think about where Calvin Ridley would be going if he did what Chark did last year.

We will see what take is silly in December.

Good Luck.

• Haha 1

If you're looking for value, Shenault is currently going undrafted and there is a real possibility of him taking HB snaps

It seems to me that the Jaguars' return to mediocrity is nearly complete.  I expect them to be trailing early and often if there is a season here in 2020.  The Minshew/Chark stack is going to be available at bargain basement pricing and it could pay some very nice dividends.

Chark is a great value where he is typically going in drafts.  As mentioned, if Minshew stays healthy I think he has a chance to finish as a low end wr1 on a bad team that will likely be playing from behind often.

Posted (edited)

Went from 12 to 14 teams this year (3WR), so I really gotta hit on receiver early and find a few gems in the deep rounds. Does anyone have some insight on Chark's potential this season? He's the kind of player that I would normally speculate on breaking out, but he's being drafted around the 2/3 turn, which is a little earlier than I'd like to really gamble on young players in an unsettled situation. I really didn't study Minshew last year, but I didn't get the sense that he was much more than a game-manager with a slight edge. I guess they should be trailing a lot, so gamescripts should favor a guy like Chark getting work if the QB has time and can find him. But their coaching staff is on the hot seat and heir offensive line grades out near the bottom of the league. Their passing and scoring offense was just barely mediocre last year, and I don't really see any reasons to expect them to be more productive this year, outside of Minshew upping his game. I'd rather have a guy like Chark in the 4th or 5th, but he's being drafted like a top-20 receiver around the likes of Ridley, Kupp, Lockett, Metcalf, and Allen. I think I'd take every one of those players over Chark outside of possibly Allen. Diggs would probably also be available at the same spot. They're all in much better offenses, come with a much larger sample size of data supporting their value,  and perhaps most importantly, have close relationships with established QBs as favored targets. Chark's talent interests me, but his ADP makes me think that a lot of people are judging him in a vacuum and not ignoring the potential dumpster fire simmering in JAX.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

On 8/20/2020 at 6:09 PM, scheibler said:

Oh yea I'm grabbing him. #2020GarbageTimeKing

Next Arob? Love me some garbage time points. Just don’t load the scores in the first half lol

• Like 1

My only concern with Chark is that, as a 2nd year WR, he’s now the unquestioned #1 target of the defense. Most every DC against JAX will probably bracket him over the top with a safety & make someone else beat them until they soften coverage being up 3 TD’s. He’ll probably do most of his damage every game in 4th quarter, if they don’t yank him early in blowouts.  He’ll end the games with good numbers, but it’s not gonna be pretty

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

My only concern with Chark is that, as a 2nd year WR, he’s now the unquestioned #1 target of the defense. Most every DC against JAX will probably bracket him over the top with a safety & make someone else beat them until they soften coverage being up 3 TD’s. He’ll probably do most of his damage every game in 4th quarter, if they don’t yank him early in blowouts.  He’ll end the games with good numbers, but it’s not gonna be pretty

ARob & Bortles reaped magick foosball gold using this same formula ... it's not the journey, it's the de$tination 🍾

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ARob & Bortles reaped magick foosball gold using this same formula ... it's not the journey, it's the de$tination 🍾

They did once...and then disappointed bigly the next year when personnel was basically the same.  So I'm not sure you can draw a meaningful conclusion on magic one year and gone the next.  Maybe last year was the magic for Chark and this year is the disappointment?  

There's potential for good times...but Minshew could just suck a** and be running for his life all year especially with 0 running threat now (not sure Fournette was that studly, but he was definitely the focus on the Jags offense).  It's an expensive bet to make.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

That and on a team that is tanking, with no real incentive to try. I drafted Chark, but I am wary as hell.

11 minutes ago, altmin said:

That and on a team that is tanking, with no real incentive to try. I drafted Chark, but I am wary as hell.

It’s his 3rd year.

He will still eat and if anything, will play against defenses who just “let it go” since they are up by 3 TDs

2 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

Not saying your wrong, but typically teams won’t just outright double a WR if they don’t have too. Just cause he’s the #1 doesn’t mean he will see a safety every play. I wouldn’t worry to much. 

8 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I don't think he's getting nearly enough hype.

Agreed.  I feel like he's a non-sexy pick but I think they'll be trailing a lot this season and with a lack luster running game it appears, I expect a lot of opportunities for him all season long.  Hoping to see a lot of garbage time points like we saw from AR15 years back w/ Bortles.

I'm all in. Made sure to snag him in my first two drafts and will be looking to do the same in my third and final one this week as well.

• Like 1

relying on garbage time points as the primary source of production by wasting a 4th rd pick?? What am I missing?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

relying on garbage time points as the primary source of production by wasting a 4th rd pick?? What am I missing?

Points are points no matter when they come

5 minutes ago, MayorMcCheese said:

Points are points no matter when they come

But how many garbage time games there will be?  Is this team 2-14 bad?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zangief80 said:

But how many garbage time games there will be?  Is this team 2-14 bad?

This team is 1st overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft bad. 

• Like 2

Their defence isn't going to be able to keep their offence off the field.

• Like 1

Garbage time king!!! 👑 feel like chris thompson will benefit a lot too