Boudewijn

D.J. Chark 2020 Outlook

5 hours ago, Zangief80 said:

relying on garbage time points as the primary source of production by wasting a 4th rd pick?? What am I missing?

He's 6'4, fast and has shown great chemistry with Minshew. I'd rather have him over alot of the wrs in the 3rd rd

• Like 2

Jags got an easy schedule comprised partially of 6 games of an easy division. None of those 6 teams added much if any talent to their secondaries. Studies have shown the drop of efficiency in garbage time affects QBs much worse than WRs. Early 2nd Round NFL Draft pedigree should comfort us that this isn’t a JAG who fell into a good situation for 16 games once. Anyone familiar with his size and speed knows he’s nobody’s idea of “Just A Guy” talent. 

Edited by GOAT-dell Beckham
Typo

9 hours ago, Zangief80 said:

relying on garbage time points as the primary source of production by wasting a 4th rd pick?? What am I missing?

Idk if I would take him in the 4th when he should be there in the 5th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

Jags got an easy schedule comprised partially of 6 games of an easy division. None of those 6 teams added much if any talent to their secondaries. Studies have shown the drop of efficiency in garbage time affects QBs much worse than WRs. Early 2nd Round NFL Draft pedigree should comfort us that this isn’t a JAG who fell into a good situation for 16 games once. Anyone familiar with his size and speed knows he’s nobody’s idea of “Just A Guy” talent. 

Who's calling a JAG? Im mean he is a Jag but not a JAG.

1 minute ago, Evincar said:

Who's calling a JAG? Im mean he is a Jag but not a JAG.

No one lol and that’s why he shouldn’t be hit with concerns that we have with JAG players. As long as you trust him and Minshew as players, the opportunity should be there 

12 hours ago, fjthegrey said:

Their defence isn't going to be able to keep their offence off the field.

Confusing statement. But what I take this as is the jags wont have enough plays to produce fantasy value since their defense will be gashed and the clock keeps churning. Highly possible- not sure I’m a fan of the jags fantasy prospects but here we are 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers

I’m more concerned about the offense not keeping themselves on the field than their defense. 

This offense looks like it will be terrible and highly inconsistent to me. Chark will be a streaky low or medium end WR2 Imo...I’m fading him and going with others around his ADP that I think have similar question marks but more talent like AJB, Terry, to name a couple.  Maybe WR2 is what most expect but i know some think they can take him as their WR1 and that I would feel terrible about.

2 hours ago, cheezor42 said:

This offense looks like it will be terrible and highly inconsistent to me. Chark will be a streaky low or medium end WR2 Imo...I’m fading him and going with others around his ADP that I think have similar question marks but more talent like AJB, Terry, to name a couple.  Maybe WR2 is what most expect but i know some think they can take him as their WR1 and that I would feel terrible about.

I wouldn’t necessarily want him as my WR1, but at the same time I wouldn’t be completely shocked if he’s a top-10 WR at years end. 

can someone reassure i made the right decision of chark over sutton. someone has to produce on this team right?

2 minutes ago, brosephd said:

can someone reassure i made the right decision of chark over sutton. someone has to produce on this team right?

Less competition for targets, no run game, terrible defense. Better QB and established chemistry between Minshew and Chark. I like Chark more than Sutton too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I liked Chark because the offense is going to be playing from behind a ton.   They will not have a run game and i feel he is going to benefit from a ton of targets.   

• Like 1

One thing you typically worry about with bad teams that won’t affect Chark is the starting QB being benched and hurting the stats. Minshew is being backed up by Jake Luton. He’s a 6th round pick and likely won’t be played over a healthy Minshew. Last year Terry McLaurin production was halted by the mid-season change from journeyman Case Keenum to first rounder Dwayne Haskins. Luton is not expected to make any starts without an injury. The same couldnt be said with the Skins situation. 

20 hours ago, brosephd said:

It will depend on 2 things: how badly the Jags are going to tank, and how well Lock plays in his sophomore year. Both should be 1000 yd receivers, but I actually have Sutton a bit higher.

37 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

It will depend on 2 things: how badly the Jags are going to tank, and how well Lock plays in his sophomore year. Both should be 1000 yd receivers, but I actually have Sutton a bit higher.

I think I believe in the talent of Sutton more, he’s impressive to watch.

However, Jeudy is making noise in camp, and so is Noah Fant. That plus Gordon and Lindsay, there is much more viability in other options in Denver. 

Chark is the 1A and 1B in Jacksonville. Higher target share and much worse defense. 

That’s enough for me to lean Chark, even if Sutton is the better receiver and in a better offense.  

6 hours ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

One thing you typically worry about with bad teams that won’t affect Chark is the starting QB being benched and hurting the stats. Minshew is being backed up by Jake Luton. He’s a 6th round pick and likely won’t be played over a healthy Minshew. Last year Terry McLaurin production was halted by the mid-season change from journeyman Case Keenum to first rounder Dwayne Haskins. Luton is not expected to make any starts without an injury. The same couldnt be said with the Skins situation. 

Jaguars GM David Caldwell said QB Jake Luton “made the decision easy” to release Mike Glennon and Josh Dobbs.

Jags OC Jay Gruden called Luton “one of the bigger” camp standouts. Luton quietly got first-team reps this summer. It’s possible the Jaguars re-sign Glennon, but Luton’s backup role looks safe. On a rebuilding team, Jacksonville could turn to Luton if Gardner Minshew struggles. The Jaguars have ended the year with a different quarterback than their Week 1 starter in 60 percent of their seasons.

• Thanks 1

He's my WR3 after DJ Moore and Kenny. 

I personally don't like the pick still as I don't like WRs with one good year @ a garbage team, but the stats and projections simply look to great to pass on him in the 6th (!) round.

Edited by Cam4Future

If he repeats last year then he is worth his ADP but he has a lot of upside

• Like 1

11 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

I think I believe in the talent of Sutton more, he’s impressive to watch.

However, Jeudy is making noise in camp, and so is Noah Fant. That plus Gordon and Lindsay, there is much more viability in other options in Denver. 

Chark is the 1A and 1B in Jacksonville. Higher target share and much worse defense. 

That’s enough for me to lean Chark, even if Sutton is the better receiver and in a better offense.  

I agree with this ... There are not many WRs outside the 12 that are pretty safe to project at 100+ targets; and Chark could be higher than that. The strength of schedule is not the worst. I think this guy is a WR2 with upside.

8 hours ago, Cam4Future said:

I personally don't like the pick still as I don't like WRs with one good year @ a garbage team, but the stats and projections simply look to great to pass on him in the 6th (!) round.

He’s your WR3, and you don’t like that?? Lol!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cam4Future said:

No, he's your WR1 - you just don't know it yet

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I got Chark at #53 (top of 6th round, 10 team, Half-PPR). 

I'm happy to have grabbed him there, even though I'm obviously not sold on JAX... I think mustache Minshew will be force-feeding the dude. 

I sometimes worry about receivers who have no #2 on the roster, as I'm guessing if Chark starts strong, he'll be doubled or at least always shadowed by #1 CBs. So here's to hoping SOMEONE steps up as a secondary threat (Eiffert, Dede, Laviska). 

I was just offered Chase Edmonds (I have Drake) for my Snell (he has Connor), but to do the deal he wants me to swap Chark for his AJG. I'm not feeling it, I think Chark could be a sneaky WR2 this year while AJG will miss half the season for one reason or another.

CHARK IS LIFE.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Cam4Future said:

Those are my three starting WRs as well.

I was debating between Chark and Metcalf with the pick in Round 6 and decided to go with the guy who is the WR1 on his team.

10 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I got Chark at #53 (top of 6th round, 10 team, Half-PPR). 

I'm happy to have grabbed him there, even though I'm obviously not sold on JAX... I think mustache Minshew will be force-feeding the dude. 

I sometimes worry about receivers who have no #2 on the roster, as I'm guessing if Chark starts strong, he'll be doubled or at least always shadowed by #1 CBs. So here's to hoping SOMEONE steps up as a secondary threat (Eiffert, Dede, Laviska). 

I was just offered Chase Edmonds (I have Drake) for my Snell (he has Connor), but to do the deal he wants me to swap Chark for his AJG. I'm not feeling it, I think Chark could be a sneaky WR2 this year while AJG will miss half the season for one reason or another.

CHARK IS LIFE.

In those circumstances, Snell and Edmonds are a wash. My comeback would be that since that's the case, if he's driving the trade he needs to provide slightly more value than you in the extras. You drafted Chark in the top of the 6th so he needs to be offering you at the very least whoever he picked in the 6th round. He probably got Green in the 8th at the earliest. If you like his 5th round pick, maybe suggest that instead.

He's my WR2 behind Allen Robinson and I am not sure how I feel about that yet.I hope he's force fed a crap-ton.