ST. STEVEN

Preston Williams 2020 Outlook

I read a couple of reports recently that stated that Williams has looked good in his rehab.  Hopefully he's ready by game 2 or 3 at the latest.

When was the last time a wr followed up an acl season with a good one? IK rbs like AP have, but drawing a blank on wrs. Arob didn’t look the same until a full year later 

51 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

When was the last time a wr followed up an acl season with a good one? IK rbs like AP have, but drawing a blank on wrs. Arob didn’t look the same until a full year later 

Here's an interesting older article with a number of comparisons; the most interesting one is Keenan Allen; tore his ACL in 2016, career year in 2017.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/how-do-acl-tears-affect-wide-receivers-numbers-are-promising-allen-robinson-cameron-meredith

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In 1997 Jerry Rice tore his ACL and MCL in a week one game. He came back in week 15. Unfortunately while making a TD catch he fractured his patella. He returned in 1998 and went 82 receptions, 1157 yards, and 9 TDs at the age of 36.

On 8/6/2020 at 1:07 AM, Panthers8912 said:

We just saw Kupp last year look great coming off an ACL tear.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2020 at 12:00 AM, Boudewijn said:

Here's an interesting older article with a number of comparisons; the most interesting one is Keenan Allen; tore his ACL in 2016, career year in 2017.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/how-do-acl-tears-affect-wide-receivers-numbers-are-promising-allen-robinson-cameron-meredith

been more than enough success for the inj to be non factor when drafting him especially as its already baked into his adp 140 overall (ppr)

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pan55 said:

In 1997 Jerry Rice tore his ACL and MCL in a week one game. He came back in week 15. Unfortunately while making a TD catch he fractured his patella. He returned in 1998 and went 82 receptions, 1157 yards, and 9 TDs at the age of 36.

That dude was a physical freak, though, and a workout maniac. 

30 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

That dude was a physical freak, though, and a workout maniac. 

I was thinking the exact same thing. Kinda an outlier because he was suck a workout warrior.

But, the Kupp comp is a good one I think. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 9:27 AM, The G Man said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Kinda an outlier because he was suck a workout warrior.

But, the Kupp comp is a good one I think. 

Yeah and what makes it even more impressive was that A. 23 years ago, and B. He came back in the same season! 

Posted (edited)
On 8/7/2020 at 7:53 AM, pan55 said:

Ah, yes — 1997!  The one season I shot my auction wad so I could finally own Jerry Rice!  What was that transaction again?  35% of my budget for 2 fantasy points?
🤔

Edited by Bandito
  • Like 3

According to The Athletic, there are NO restrictions on Preston in practices.

Giddy. Up.

7 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

According to The Athletic, there are NO restrictions on Preston in practices.

Giddy. Up.

No restrictions during warmups.

Any word on if he'll get his full WR2 role/snaps week 1, or if he'll be eased in? Reports are glowing out of camp but he is still getting rest days and getting his workload managed it sounds like. They have nothing else behind him so I'd imagine they want him on the field.

I'm starting to really like Preston as a later round WR. He flashed a promising ceiling when on the field and the injury doesn't worry me much. He seems to be progressing along just fine and I wouldn't be drafting him in a position where I would need to have him in my lineup during the first month of the season anyway, unless I face some catastrophic wave of injuries at the WR position. 

I think the current price is solid value. 

This guy is Josh Gordon minus drugs. You'll see. Very talented and about to be great this season.

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Preston a SICK sleeper, was great before he got injured. Both davante and Preston should be able to coexist. What a great player to grab for cheap.

On 9/4/2020 at 9:48 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

This guy is Josh Gordon minus drugs. You'll see. Very talented and about to be great this season.

Maybe he should be on drugs. Seemed to make gordon invincible.

• Like 1

• Preston Williams (knee) is expected to play in Week 1.

Williams practiced on a limited basis at Dolphins camp. This confirms he’s on track to play coming off last year’s torn ACL.  We’ve seen reports Williams could open the season on a snap count, and he’s looking doubtful to see his 85 percent snap rate before landing on IR. The Dolphins have a shy-away matchup with the Patriots in Week 1.

SOURCE: ESPN
    Sep 6, 2020, 11:12 AM ET

• Thanks 2

With Gillmore on Parker, a good matchup for Williams with a lot of targets?

6 minutes ago, Tomy said:

With Gillmore on Parker, a good matchup for Williams with a lot of targets?

Gilmore covered both in the WK1 matchup last year and stifled them pretty good, but I believe Rosen may have started that too?

Gilmore than shadowed Parker in WK17 and Parker finally was able to breakthrough and do something against the Pats.

Still, bottom line is Miami WRs will be facing off with a defense that's returning its top four corners to a unit that was absolutely dominant against wideouts in 2019. The Patriots allowed the fewest fantasy points to the position, as well as the second fewest to the perimeter, which is where Parker aligned 77% of the time and Williams at a 94% clip in 2019. It is likely that Preston will mostly see J.C. Jackson and he is quite good, couple that with possibly scaled snaps coming off the knee and I think you gotta sit the Unicorn this week.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Gilmore covered both in the WK1 matchup last year and stifled them pretty good, but I believe Rosen may have started that too?

Gilmore than shadowed Parker in WK17 and Parker finally was able to breakthrough and do something against the Pats.

Still, bottom line is Miami WRs will be facing off with a defense that's returning its top four corners to a unit that was absolutely dominant against wideouts in 2019. The Patriots allowed the fewest fantasy points to the position, as well as the second fewest to the perimeter, which is where Parker aligned 77% of the time and Williams at a 94% clip in 2019. It is likely that Preston will mostly see J.C. Jackson and he is quite good, couple that with possibly scaled snaps coming off the knee and I think you gotta sit the Unicorn this week.

This is the type of posts I come here for. Thank you sir. Just glad the kid is ready to go week 1.