ST. STEVEN

Preston Williams 2020 Outlook

His outlook goes way up if Parker misses time. Got to think he would absorb a lot of Parker’s targets. He should be a playable WR2 with plenty of volume. Only issue is he goes up against Tredavius White and the Bills.

He actually did well against Tre White at one point last season. Fitz is the problem.

Where are we at on Preston after week 1? Saw 7 targets, the CLEAR #2 in line for a heavy target share. DVP seeming to have hammy troubles already that tend to linger... thinking he’s a buy low with blow-up potential after a tough draw week 1-2.

Need Fitz to play better and Preston to stay on his feet. The targets should be there. White is a tough matchup. It's humid as hell in Miami today and I wouldn't be surprised if they ran the ball 35+ times. If Fitz goes, Preston will go. 

31 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

Where are we at on Preston after week 1? Saw 7 targets, the CLEAR #2 in line for a heavy target share. DVP seeming to have hammy troubles already that tend to linger... thinking he’s a buy low with blow-up potential after a tough draw week 1-2.

17 minutes ago, Cody_ODea said:

Need Fitz to play better and Preston to stay on his feet. The targets should be there. White is a tough matchup. It's humid as hell in Miami today and I wouldn't be surprised if they ran the ball 35+ times. If Fitz goes, Preston will go. 

Have not heard of any set backs coming back from the ACL and he should be heavily targeted with Parker at less than 100%. Not a good match up today, but definitely worth stashing.

Parker is active today, but you have to wonder if Williams gets more looks today if White shadows Parker. 

4 minutes ago, Hacksawjimduggan said:

He seems like the third option in this offense. 

Chalking it up to gameplan...I'm not going to expect Gesicki to do that crap all the time. I'm fine with using him in better matchups now going forward. 

Buy Low? Fins had 2 tuff weeks going against Stout defenses in the Pats and Bills

22 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Chalking it up to gameplan...I'm not going to expect Gesicki to do that crap all the time. I'm fine with using him in better matchups now going forward. 

Gesicki is there to stay bud

11 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

Gesicki is there to stay bud

Like 5 targets in week 1? It's erratic- there will be a target share amongst all of Parker, Gesicki, and Williams that needs to be digested. Best case- there is no true #1, but I am not convinced that Williams can't emerge and gain even more share. 

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Like 5 targets in week 1? It's erratic- there will be a target share amongst all of Parker, Gesicki, and Williams that needs to be digested. Best case- there is no true #1, but I am not convinced that Williams can't emerge and gain even more share. 

He dropped the game winning TD. You're pretty safe to let the wire hold this guy in most leagues even if you are still a believer.

It's not happening gif

1 minute ago, Trifecta said:

He dropped the game winning TD. You're pretty safe to let the wire hold this guy in most leagues even if you are still a believer.

It's not happening gif

I get it- he is probably dropsville...but wanted to see if anyone else had insight. Definitely has no place on a 12 team during all these injuries...Jaguars look enticing though.

Are you all dropping? Seems like a drop/handcuff until one of Parker or Gesicki get injured. He really isn't playing well- kind of expected after a torn ACL since mentally it's tough to overcome so soon. 

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

Are you all dropping? Seems like a drop/handcuff until one of Parker or Gesicki get injured. He really isn't playing well- kind of expected after a torn ACL since mentally it's tough to overcome so soon. 

Yeah I'd move on for now.... keep him on your watch list maybe he gets going again in a few weeks.

17 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Really?

Just drop him so another smart owner can pick him up lol. This dude was on a tear before the ACL injury and about to win a lot of people their leagues. Can't people employ some patience with guys they drafted in the mid-late rounds?

Maybe I could see dropping him in standard leagues if you are having issues?

I still very much believe he will amount to a top 24 WR. It's clear that teams seem to view him as the priority to stop. He has been largely shadowed by Gilmore and Tre'Davious White...that is about as tough as it gets. Better days ahead, prob much better.

He looked bad in week 1 but keeping the faith - due to ramp up post ACL inj & strength of opponent, as others have said.  I had him aggressively ranked at WR26 pre-season.  And he was having a good camp as I recall.

He will bounce back! Super talented

58 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Maybe I could see dropping him in standard leagues if you are having issues?

I still very much believe he will amount to a top 24 WR. It's clear that teams seem to view him as the priority to stop. He has been largely shadowed by Gilmore and Tre'Davious White...that is about as tough as it gets. Better days ahead, prob much better.

Did White shadow Williams? I coulda swore I saw him on Parker in the few shots I got of the game. 

I do know Gilmore was on Williams week 1..

I would hold if you can. Like most of you, I was very high on him before the draft and expected some ramp up time (especially with his matchups). I would say this weeks match has the potential for him to finally take off into double digit scoring atleast. If he falls again this week I may be more inclined to drop but I’ve held too long to just drop him without seeing him against a fair matchup 

7 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

Really?

Just drop him so another smart owner can pick him up lol. This dude was on a tear before the ACL injury and about to win a lot of people their leagues. Can't people employ some patience with guys they drafted in the mid-late rounds?

That’s actually a fallacy. His weekly point totals in half PPR last year: 9.9, 8.3, 8.8, 6.6, 4.1, 11.2, 6.2, 21.7. He wasn’t on a tear. In eight games, he averaged 9.6 in half PPR and had the one big game. Outside of that, he wasn’t even flex-worthy. 

I’m not addressing whether or not he should be kept or dropped...just saying he wasn’t on a tear and about to win a lot of leagues. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 4

I'm not doubting this guy's talent at all, and I think some of slow start is probably related to his recovery from the ACL. However, I think one thing everyone is overlooking is how talented Isaiah Ford actually is as well (just had 9 targets). It's not like it's just Geisicki & Parker and nobody else.

Ford has a good amount of cred in dynasty circles.

Edited by Dirtywater97

I've been really happy to be patient with him, but the churn at the top of RB and WR has left some quite interesting guys on the wire in our 10-teamer. I couldn't see myself dropping him in a 12-teamer or more, but I think that we've reached the point where there might be better options in the smaller leagues. Wouldn't blame you if you jumped ship now, because I can't see you getting much trade value either. I'd be perfectly happy to hold if, say, the waiver bids don't come off.