ST. STEVEN

Preston Williams 2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

That’s actually a fallacy. His weekly point totals in half PPR last year: 9.9, 8.3, 8.8, 6.6, 4.1, 11.2, 6.2, 21.7. He wasn’t on a tear. In eight games, he averaged 9.6 in half PPR and had the one big game. Outside of that, he wasn’t even flex-worthy. 

I’m not addressing whether or not he should be kept or dropped...just saying he wasn’t on a tear and about to win a lot of leagues. 

It was the OK Efficiency as a rookie and increasing output that got people's attention. His last game was one-half worth of stats so we was for sure breaking out. The usage was there, and Fitz looks pretty similar to last year.

I agree that in my shallow league, there are many "meh" players but none of them possess upside like Preston in this offense if things pan out for him. Unfortunately, he's 3rd in pecking order, but I could see him having a good game Thursday. 

17 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

It was the OK Efficiency as a rookie and increasing output that got people's attention. His last game was one-half worth of stats so we was for sure breaking out. The usage was there, and Fitz looks pretty similar to last year.

I agree that in my shallow league, there are many "meh" players but none of them possess upside like Preston in this offense if things pan out for him. Unfortunately, he's 3rd in pecking order, but I could see him having a good game Thursday. 

I like Preston, and was hoping to have a share of him after owning him last year, but I was just answering the “he was on a tear” comment. He was on a tear for a half, lol. And he was definitely making an impression for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I like Preston, and was hoping to have a share of him after owning him last year, but I was just answering the “he was on a tear” comment. He was on a tear for a half, lol. And he was definitely making an impression for sure. 

No problem.

I surprisingly forgot I included him in a trade offer earlier this afternoon and it got accepted lol. So that'll be that for now...good luck everyone! I do feel it's Gesicki 1A and Parker / Williams 1B / 2 right now...Williams is a good stash but needs an injury I think...plus the mental overcomings. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The G Man said:

Did White shadow Williams? I coulda swore I saw him on Parker in the few shots I got of the game. 

From the Daigle RW WW write up:

DeVante Parker and Williams have mirrored each other in targets (12), but it’s Williams who has compiled a higher share of air yards (27.7% to 20.8%) through two games. Parker has already said he’ll continue playing through his hamstring injury until it’s recovered, leaving Williams as the (healthy) player to bet on moving forward. Fantasy players can write-off his single catch against the Bills to Tre’Davious White’s shadow coverage. Williams also popped as Hayden Winks’ No. 2 rebound candidate in the Fantasy Usage Model.

To add, from what I saw it was White on Preston most of the day...even when he wasn't it was their other corner (who has allowed 1 completion to WRs on the year) and a safety rolling his way...teams (and smart ones at that) are letting us know who they think is the real threat. People are gonna regret bailing on the Unicorn, he is just rounding into form.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thinking about starting him this week instead of Rob Woods, who will get the White treatment. Someone tell me otherwise. Other options would be to bring in and start a Keelan Cole or Mike Williams, might as well start Preston. Risky but hey, I really don't like the Woods matchup.

These past 2 weeks of Gilmore and White have not worried me. Expecting him to get on track, solid game including a TD might be incoming vs Jax.

Edited by YK35

22 hours ago, YK35 said:

Thinking about starting him this week instead of Rob Woods, who will get the White treatment. Someone tell me otherwise. Other options would be to bring in and start a Keelan Cole or Mike Williams, might as well start Preston. Risky but hey, I really don't like the Woods matchup.

These past 2 weeks of Gilmore and White have not worried me. Expecting him to get on track, solid game including a TD might be incoming vs Jax.

My debate is starting him over Cole or Harry. Gonna roll with Preston though, I just think the matchup is tailor made for him to produce. 

We are singing a much different tune this week about Williams if his catch last weekend is counted as a TD instead of being down at the goaline. I think tonight he balls and he’s a hot waiver add next week as people realize they cut bait too early.

same here, with Chark out I have to roll with Williams or Sanders.  Lets hope his targets go up.

1 hour ago, FreakFries said:

Is it safe to start this guy tonight? 

think so - him and parker function better as a tandem since williams can roast secondary corners.  The bills put White on Williams a fair amount hence the pedestrian effort.  i think he fairs better against Jags secondary.

• Thanks 1

SMH you just know he’s gonna go off tonight, but I can’t bring myself to start him 

• Like 1

Yeah, I am choosing between Williams and his teammate Gaskin to replace Chark tonight.  I'm gonna go with Myles Gaskin, but of course hope that both establish themselves as legit fantasy starters after big games tonight.  

24 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

SMH you just know he’s gonna go off tonight, but I can’t bring myself to start him 

This exactly how I feel but my only other options are Cooks, Gage or Cole 🤢

On the other hand, I sort of feel like if it doesn’t happen tonight against Miami with Parker dinged up and Fitzmagic heating up, it’s never going to happen. 

I think I’m going to have to do it. 😬

Edited by FreakFries

I really don't feel good about starting Williams over Hunt, but isn't this the best game to play him?  In theory he blows up at some point and the NEXT week you play him, but if you can play him when he blows up, that's ideal.  I'm gonna YOLO and start Minshew/Shenault/Williams tonight, I think.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

firing him up in all leagues. Let's go boys

tenor.gif?itemid=14727005

Yep I just plugged him in for Julio in one league and Fuller in another, let's take a ride on the Unicorn!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yep I just plugged him in for Julio in one league and Fuller in another, let's take a ride on the Unicorn!

TD.

Jaguars offense didn't help him here because Fitz only had to throw for about 180 yards and let the run game milk the clock. End zone target is nice, but I feel if you find someone else you like on waivers it probably wouldn't hurt to drop him and pick him back up at a later date. 

Really seems like he's a matchup dependent option at best (read games miami will be trailing by a boatload) and you can probably find more consistent guys on waivers.

Edited by Hacksawjimduggan

24 minutes ago, StephenCurryIsABaller said:

Droppable? TD saved his day but unimpressive stat line otherwise.

Im holding for now still...unless of course we see better options on the WR FA list that shows better upside. I doubt it though

2 minutes ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

2 targets for 7 yds. Yikes. 

Packaged him in a trade for gesicki. Today was weird but it’s a Parker gesicki offense when they need it IMO.

williams will do well if either of them get hurt 

He's the 3rd or 4th option on a not so good passing offense. Parker, and either Ford or Gesicki are getting more looks than him. Not a great situation to be in. I do think he takes the Parker role if Parker were to get injured though.