ST. STEVEN

Preston Williams 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, rylaughlin said:

Jamal Adams out this week

how does that help preston williams?  just wondering.

2 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

how does that help preston williams?  just wondering.

Really? 

• Haha 1

No Adams, No Dunbar, Griffin likely on Parker...it's now or never for Williams.

Dropped Putrid Williams for Mason Crosby right before the game. 

Feeling great about it. 

On 10/2/2020 at 7:04 PM, humanpuck said:

No Adams, No Dunbar, Griffin likely on Parker...it's now or never for Williams.

OOOOF

1 hour ago, Tomy said:

A drop ? 

1 hour ago, fantasymecca said:

dropping

DUMPING

Drop city

Got btfo anyways so wouldn't matter if I started him but he's not showing what he showed last year. No floor and no ceiling

On 9/22/2020 at 6:55 PM, Dirtywater97 said:

I'm not doubting this guy's talent at all, and I think some of slow start is probably related to his recovery from the ACL. However, I think one thing everyone is overlooking is how talented Isaiah Ford actually is as well (just had 9 targets). It's not like it's just Geisicki & Parker and nobody else.

Ford has a good amount of cred in dynasty circles.

Once again Isaiah Ford was favored

I’ve been pretty patient with him since I haven’t had to start him yet, but I may just drop for a 2nd defense or Brian hill or Justin Jackson at this point. I feel like someone else will pick him up if I drop but idk how much longer I can wait on him anymore for this season

buh bye, dropping this guy for somebody that at least gets targets.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Tomy said:

A drop ? 

yes fitzpatrick really only targets parker - he's not a multiple read qb .  Can def be dropped. just not a part of the offense - i see him open but he's often the last read. total waste.

Edited by JetsAwesome

sounds about right :

Dolphins WR Preston Williams has been targeted on 11.5 percent of his pass routes this season. 

Meanwhile, DeVante Parker has been targeted on 23.2 percent of his routes and Isaiah Ford has posted a 20.5 percent target per route rate through four weeks. Throw in Mike Gesicki and his 16 percent team target share, and Williams profiles as a low-volume option unless Miami pass catchers struggle with injuries at some point in 2020. Williams went for 15 yards on just three targets in a dream Week 4 matchup against the Seahawks. Parker has emerged as the clear cut No. 1 wideout, and Ford is a better fantasy option than Williams going forward. 

1 hour ago, stevieglick said:

Anything to see here? Solid game for Williams. 5 targets 100+ yards and a score. 

I’m a big fan. I think as time goes by he keeps getting better and better coming off his bad injury last year. I think he can be a great high ceiling fantasy WR2 long term especially once Tua comes in. As of right now he’s a boom or bust WR3. 

• Like 1

Is he a buy with the upcoming switch to Tua?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Is he a buy with the upcoming switch to Tua?

I think he was with Fitzpatrick too. He has caught a TD or a 2pt conversion every game but one so far this year. That type of redzone efficiency is no accident. He recently stated that he is starting to trust his knee more. 

1 hour ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I think he was with Fitzpatrick too. He has caught a TD or a 2pt conversion every game but one so far this year. That type of redzone efficiency is no accident. He recently stated that he is starting to trust his knee more. 

TDs too flukey to expect he gets one every week, though.  He wasn't getting the targets/recs/yards.  I think he gets a bump across the board with Tua.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

TDs too flukey to expect he gets one every week, though.  He wasn't getting the targets/recs/yards.  I think he gets a bump across the board with Tua.

Tds can be flukey but he is a big body who excels in the redzone. 

I just have gut feeling Tua is going to turn this kid into a stud.  No research, stats or analysis to back it up.  Just a feeling.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

I just have gut feeling Tua is going to turn this kid into a stud.  No research, stats or analysis to back it up.  Just a feeling.

All he's needs is a great QB. The talent was never the question. This kid is a freak at WR I could only imagine him with a top 10 qb. Hopefully tua can be that

Anyone picked him off of waivers this week? I’m took a flier on him to see how he does with tua. Ramsey will likely be on Parker I would imagine