Rotoworld.com Forums

Preston Williams 2020 Outlook

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gilmore covered both in the WK1 matchup last year and stifled them pretty good, but I believe Rosen may have started that too? Gilmore than shadowed Parker in WK17 and Parker finally was able to

This is impressive. Even in a thread about a non-Alabama alum, you find a way to tie bama into it 😂

Here's an interesting older article with a number of comparisons; the most interesting one is Keenan Allen; tore his ACL in 2016, career year in 2017. https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/how-

I really like him as a bench hold this week with the changing of the guard at QB. Tua might have chemistry with Preston that wasn’t there with Fitz, and we’ve seen this guy be a productive player in the league when healthy. Parker is always banged up and Ford is not a real threat—I see the WR corps for the Fins as being wide open, and Preston will have every opportunity to produce. Tough matchup this week but I still think we might see a bump in targets for Preston and he’s as good of a bet as anyone on the team to score a TD. If he goes off this week with Tua at the helm he will be the top WW pickup after this weekend. Definitely a guy I want to hold in deeper leagues and take a “wait and see” approach on heading into the weekend. 

• Like 1

Not firing up in my real leagues yet, but he'll probably be in my DFS lineups. 

He's gotta be one of the best stashes in the league right now.  Get him now while you can either off the WW or swap him for some trash at the end of your bench.  Especially if Ramsey takes away Parker, the blow up could happen as early as this week, and then it's too late.

1 hour ago, Watitdookie said:

Since Tua throws the football as a lefty, does this benefit Preston Williams more than Devante Parker when he lines up out wide on the left side of the field?

This is a heck of an interesting point. I am going to have to research it some, but off the top of my head (and being a lefty) you'd think he'd certainly favor rolling to the left side of the field and it is a more natural throw to the left as well.

This week could be really good for him if Peterson shadows Parker. That would put Kirkpatrick on Preston, and Kirkpatrick has been burned by pretty much everyone and their mother this season and was responsible for the 200 yard Lockett game.

I'd hold one more week if I had him, then dump if this week doesn't produce much. This is pretty much the make or break week.

Edited by harck
3 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Is this finally the week? Peterson on Parker, cb fitzpatrick who was already bad is out , gaskin out, likely trailing to zona and need to throw this week

hopefully!

i'd like to think we're not holding on to yet another physical freak WR that can't actually play football 

37 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Is this finally the week? Peterson on Parker, cb fitzpatrick who was already bad is out , gaskin out, likely trailing to zona and need to throw this week

I'm rolling the dice on him this week over "better" WRs with worse matchups. Hopefully Preston has a nice day today. 

3 minutes ago, vikesrube said:

I’m honestly shocked there aren’t more celebration injuries with the way they jump onto/pile onto each other, many time awkwardly and unexpectedly. 

Right... gets bumped by 75 right before the beginning of above clip and the other bump is obvious.

Last week some Miami defensive linemen cleared another teammate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I posted this in the DeVante Parker thread and figured it probably belongs here even more so.  But this is what Rotowire is reporting:

X-rays on Williams' injured foot came back negative, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Spin: The Dolphins believe Williams escaped with a sprain, though it could be a relatively severe one given that he was carted off the field during the second quarter of Sunday's win over the Cardinals. He was on track for a huge game before the injury, catching four of five targets for 60 yards and a touchdown on 17 snaps. Mack Hollins replaced Williams and scored a TD of his own, but Hollins finished the afternoon with just the one target, also playing 17 snaps (28 percent). Hollins and Jakeem Grant will be the top candidates to take on vacated snaps if Williams isn't available for Week 10 against the Chargers.