rasto21585

Trade Julio Rodriguez in a Dynasty?

I am in a 14 team h2h dynasty league. I was offered Luis Castillo for Sean Murphy Julio Rodriguez and Luis Patino. Is this too much to trade away or should I remove one of the prospects on my end of the deal?

sean murphy

1b max muncy

2b ozzie albies

3b rafael devers

ss bo bichette

lf juan soto

cf ronald acuna

rf austin meadows

util yuli gurriel

bn cj cron

bn luke voit

bn omar narvaez

na andrew vaughn

na robert puason

na luis matos

na jeter downs

na julio rodriguez

na erick pena

sp patrick corbin

sp julio urias

sp max scherzer

rp scott oberg

rp ryan pressly

rp brandon kintzler

p brandon woodruff

p alex wood

bn kevin gausman

bn carlos rodon

bn deivi garcia

bn sixto sanchez

bn edward cabrera

bn nathan eovaldi

bn matt shoemaker

na luis patino

The forum will say get Castillo.

But no way I trade jrod.

Imo, he will be 2nd rated prospect soon.

Patino should be a good pitcher.

Replace jrod with downs, then yes to deal.

No.

Luis is a good SP, but I don't think he has enough short term value to make up for the long term value of what you are giving up.

That being said if you do make the trade the addition of Luis gives you a really strong chance to win this year and next.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

A: You should get Castillo.  Winning now is worth far more than MAYBE winning later.  Injuries and stuff happen in the future...

B: I do think including both Patino and JRod is far too much.  Patino is likely 2ish years off from being a full replacement for Castillo.  Murphy, Patino and a significantly lesser prospect should do it here imo. 

BUT, that's also one of the reasons WHY you have guys like JRod.  Not every one turns out as expected (Ahem Jesus Montero), and if you flip them while they're still lauded YOU still get the value.  If this trade were basically JRod for Castillo straight up, or even JRod + Murphy for Castillo + Replacement Level Catcher, I think I'd be ok with it.

Edited by Heretic

Personally I am playing to win now, as we have all found out in the last few months, nothing is a given

make the deal now, gives you the best shot of winning over the next few years if all in the deal stay healthy

I made a very similar deal to land Castillo before the  suspension of season. Castillo only cost me a catcher and jrod though. I think u must keep patino though so find out what else he would accept

50 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

What if I trade Vaughn instead of Julio?

It's better

Replace patino with sixto 

6 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

It's better

Replace patino with sixto 

So murphy vaughn and sixto for castillo?

1 hour ago, rasto21585 said:

So murphy vaughn and sixto for castillo?

Looks good

Looks great for u. For the Castillo owner it really sux for him. GL though maybe he won't notice u replaced the 2 best guys he asked for with just average prospects.

4 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

Looks great for u. For the Castillo owner it really sux for him. GL though maybe he won't notice u replaced the 2 best guys he asked for with just average prospects.

Andrew Vaughn is an "average" prospect?

5 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

you may want to do your homework before posting ,  Vaughn is a top 20 prospect in literally every baseball prospect ranking that is out there..lolol

It is up to the Castillo owner to accept. The Castillo owner offered the original trade of Castillo for Murphy Jrod Patino. If he wanted lesser prospects he coulda asked for them to start with. Yes Vaughn and Sixto are good prospects but they are a tier or 2 down from the original offer. Speaking of Sixto he is in my prospect fatigue file since he has been around 5 years and in his second organization. Yes lowering trade targets is good business but changing all the players out changes the trade totally.