urban2014

Scotty Miller 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)

This talk of Miller "making play after play" is good and all but with Evans, Godwin, Ronald Jones, Gronkowski, O.J. Howard and Brate all vying for targets, I think he's only worth an add right now in the deepest of leagues. (think 16 teamers)  If Evans or Godwin get injured then he could be relevant but even then it's debatable how many passes he'll catch.

Edited by sjm76

51 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

This talk of Miller "making play after play" is good and all but with Evans, Godwin, Ronald Jones, Gronkowski, O.J. Howard and Brate all vying for targets, I think he's only worth an add right now in the deepest of leagues. (think 16 teamers)  If Evans or Godwin get injured then he could be relevant but even then it's debatable how many passes he'll catch.

where else are we supposed to post positive blurbs about the kid? in the Olabisi Johnson thread?

da eff?

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

where else are we supposed to post positive blurbs about the kid? in the Olabisi Johnson thread?

da eff?

Nah, you can post any news about Miller under this thread but just saying that it's probably going to take an injury to Evans or Godwin to make him relevant but even then who knows where he'll be in the target pecking order.

3 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Nah, you can post any news about Miller under this thread but just saying that it's probably going to take an injury to Evans or Godwin to make him relevant but even then who knows where he'll be in the target pecking order.

THANKS FOR THE PERMISSION!!1!

CARRY ON, GENTS - WE GOTS THE BLESSING!

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

THANKS FOR THE PERMISSION!!1!

CARRY ON, GENTS - WE GOTS THE BLESSING!

Just for that sarcasm, I'm going to post any new Miller info under the Olabisi Johnson thread.

22 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Just for that sarcasm, I'm going to post any new Miller info under the Olabisi Johnson thread.

🎶 ob la di, ob la da ... hype goes on, brah!  lala how that hype goes on 🎶

• Thanks 1

Brady has already given him a nickname too, that means he is almost 12 team material, plus this:

ESPN's Jenna Laine believes Bucs WR Scotty Miller "looks like a totally different player." 

Per Laine, Miller is "making some of the biggest plays of camp and building his case for the third receiver spot." Coach Bruce Arians offered similar praise 10 days ago. It now appears Miller has No. 3/slot duties on lockdown. That would normally be a profitable fantasy place in a Tom Brady-led offense, but all-worlder Chris Godwin will also see a ton of snaps in the middle of the field. Miller is worth keeping an eye on in PPR leagues, but the Bucs' target tree is probably too crowded for the second-year pro to make a consistent impact. 

Source: ESPN

4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Brady has already given him a nickname too

What nickname?

More importantly, why would you need to give a nickname to a guy called "Scotty"? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

What nickname?

More importantly, why would you need to give a nickname to a guy called "Scotty"? 

According to what I read, he's is calling him 'Scooter'

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Sounds more like grandpa Brady just needs a hearing aid or possibly reading glasses ;)

15 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He's on my watch list, but he's only worth an add in 14+ leagues.

• Haha 1

Snare drum beats on...Scooter was making plays at every level on Brady throws today, including a deep bomb...prompting Brady to say after practice:

"Miller is displaying to everybody that he deserves a big role"

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to grab him late, especially with Godwin nursing hammy issues heading into the season. You might luck into the Godwin role at the end of your draft

Edited by scheibler

2 hours ago, scheibler said:

I'm trying to grab him late, especially with Godwin nursing hammy issues heading into the season. You might luck into the Godwin role at the end of your draft

Where does it say that Godwin has hammy issues?  Every place I've seen has just stated that he has an "undisclosed injury."

5 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Where does it say that Godwin has hammy issues?  Every place I've seen has just stated that he has an "undisclosed injury."

I believe I heard it on BDGE podcast yesterday. 

Don't forget about Scooter McJetpack when the 2nd/3rd last Rd in your deep PPR comes up...he is gonna do some stuff this year.

Believe I saw on Twitter that Hayden Winks' bold prediction was he finishes as a top 30 WR this year.

• Like 2

Mike Evans with a soft tissue injury, the guy is one injury away from being a diamond In the rough, he's certainly gold right now and we haven't seen him yet with brady

• Like 2

Def be interesting to watch this Sun (90% of the nation will be seeing FOX's game of the week). I suspect he has already secured a decent role, but could be a sweet sleeper with Evans being bothered by an injury. I caught the end of GMFB today and Peter Schrager named him as a key to the Bucs gameplan. I think I would be more confident if he wasn't likely to be on the outside so much this week against a very strong Saints duo of Lattimore/JJenkins. Still, the Saints allow very little on the ground and no fans in the Dome means that Brady gets to operate like it's a regular scrimmage. Miller might make himself a known weapon by 6 PM Sun.

21 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Uhh... is it happening? 

With Evans doubtful I sure hope so. Really hoping that chemistry with Brady this offseason carries onto the regular season.

I haven’t really been keeping up, but do we not care about Justin Watson?