James Conner 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Conner after seeing Snell's week one stat line

I don’t think I’d describe a cancer survivor who came back to play football a pussy but that’s just me. 

Posted Images

The crazy thing is that I thought he actually looked good out there lol. Production wasn't there. But he looked quicker, springier than I remember. He had a quick spin move even.  I dk maybe I'm just delusional and grasping at straws now. But I really did think that before he went down/ got benched/ whatever- fade me

• Like 1

I didn't see where he got hurt, but I did seem him limping a bit at one point going back to the huddle. I think the arguing may have been him wanting to go back out there while not 100%. Not completely sure about that though. He got 6 rushes and 4 targets early on so clearly a big part of the offense. Let's hope the kid is ok and he checks his attitude if that's the problem. The Steelers are better with him out there......and so is my fantasy team! 🤣  

I don't think he's truly hurt. I believe it's him being disciplined by the coaching staff. Like others have stated he was seen screaming at the sidelines presumeably at the coaching staff after he got lit up in the backfield after getting lit up on the previous play when he made that catch and got popped by the DB. Didn't see him after that.

1. No play where we see him get hurt,

2. Didn't see medical staff tending to him for an injury. He got his ankle taped up but that's routine players get retaped all the time. 

3. Team is "optimistic for a timely return"

All sound like he isn't hurt but we needed to cover up to the media that we disciplined him for mouthing off at our coaching staff. He'll be fine, honestly being a Conner owner I was ready to sell him for next to nothing after this injury scare. I'd be trying to buy for the low right now. He'll be back next week and coaching staff will look to unleash him.

• Like 1

I don’t think any coach would bench their starter week 1 before the half. Coaches just don’t do that, at least I haven’t heard of it. We will find out more in the next few days, but wasn’t he seen on the sideline getting his ankle taped?

My guess is they want to be careful, and feel comfortable with the other guys.

I don’t think we need to worry about Snell. We’ve already seen this team try to use a backfield of Snell and Samuels, it didn’t work. They need Conner. Coaches don’t have knee jerk reactions. They aren’t going to change who their main back is after one game. They played the Giants. They were going to get by with or without Conner. But when they play better teams, they’ll need Conner.

I’m just concerned because this guy already looks fragile.

Edited by LionKid90
  • Like 2

... and yet more 'disciplinary' monkey shines on Moosh Mouf Mike's (aka "Teflon Tomlin", aka "Marble Mouth Mike") sidelines - this time with a kid (Conner) who is, by all accounts, a very hard working, humble cat.

see, this isn't a raging numb nutz like Big Ben, or A.B. or L'ev or Santonio or Harrison, etc.   

but yet, here we are - AGAIN.

his tenure as HC of the Stillers has seen them morph into the leeg's most undisciplined club, both on and off the field - it's remarkable folks still ball wash this glorified positions coach because of ONE super bowl win (the year Brady blew his knee out in game one, btw).

he's the biggest POST TURTLE in the history of the leeg - the rollicking clown show that is the Pittsburgh Stillers chugs along, and we have already been treated to more shenanigans and cliches!

"we ... uhhhh ... the .... uhhhh ... young, uhhhhh .... man is .... uhhhhh ... being .... uhhhhh .... evaluated"

CRASSIC! 

"b-b-b-but they won, a-a-a-a-and Schnell did good!"

whoop de mutha trukkin' doooo!  they beat the JINTS!!!1!1!!!1

tenor.gif?itemid=13132194

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... and yet more 'disciplinary' monkey shines on Moosh Mouf Mike's (aka "Teflon Tomlin", aka "Marble Mouth Mike") sidelines - this time with a kid (Conner) who is, by all accounts, a very hard working, humble cat.

see, this isn't a raging numb nutz like Big Ben, or A.B. or L'ev or Santonio or Harrison, etc.   

but yet, here we are - AGAIN.

his tenure as HC of the Stillers has seen them morph into the leeg's most undisciplined club, both on and off the field - it's remarkable folks still ball wash this glorified positions coach because of ONE super bowl win (the year Brady blew his knee out in game one, btw).

he's the biggest POST TURTLE in the history of the leeg - the rollicking clown show that is the Pittsburgh Stillers chugs along, and we have already been treated to more shenanigans and cliches!

"we ... uhhhh ... the .... uhhhh ... young, uhhhhh .... man is .... uhhhhh ... being .... uhhhhh .... evaluated"

CRASSIC! 

"b-b-b-but they won, a-a-a-a-and Schnell did good!"

whoop de mutha trukkin' doooo!  they beat the JINTS!!!1!1!!!1

tenor.gif?itemid=13132194

Tampa Bay is way more undisciplined on the field with dumb penalties than steelers but sure

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Tampa Bay is way more undisciplined on the field with dumb penalties than steelers but sure

B.A.'s offensive coordinator prowess bailed this foo' out BIG TIME in that SB ... he then went on to win coach of the year in consecutive seasons, with two different teams. 

i'll take his coaching stylings any day over Marble Mouf's because ol' Marble Mouf doesn't have any, and never did. 

man, the amount of chaps swingin' from this dood's sack never ceases to amaze. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

I will never understand your vendetta against Tomlin.

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, GreatestShowonTurf said:

🎳

that's between me & coach, my good man ... i shan't divulge why, let's just say it be what it be ...

🎳

#freeconner! #teamJC!

#dumpthechump! #tomlinfreein2023!

1 hour ago, GreatestShowonTurf said:

He has a 134-74-1 regular season record. 8-7 playoff record with 2 SB appearances and a SB win. Steelers have made the playoffs 8 times since he took over in 2007 with 6 of those being division titles. He has never had a losing season, finishing 8-8 3 different times.

The only people who should hate him and want him gone are Browns, Ravens, and Bengals fans. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3