Boudewijn

James Conner 2020 Outlook

agree with others in here who are posting about Conner being in the doghouse. We have been saying it all along. Tomlin sent a message on Monday, lets see if Conner received it and can move forward from his little temper tantrum

Edited by kdpat15
  • Like 1

He's going to get injured eventually for the rest of the year

8 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

He's going to get injured eventually for the rest of the year

what an original thought. Nobody has said this yet on tbe first 19 pages.  Thank you for sharing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

what an original thought. Nobody has said this yet on tbe first 19 pages.  Thank you for sharing. 

You're welcome, just thought I'd chime in on the 19th page of the losers club in here

Edited by CABLE87
  • Haha 1

First time, long time...

Definitely a frustrating time to be a Conner owner. He did not run well the other night, but he had four targets in a short amount of time. If he retains the role we hoped he would have he has the most upside in this backfield. Even if this becomes a full blown committee he may still have the most upside due to his work in the passing game. 

I'm in the "he was in the doghouse, not injured" camp. With that in mind, it could be a good sign that he was held out of practice with the rest of the skill position starters yesterday, but there's just not enough information to pretend we know anything.

At this point he's a headache you have to hold and hopefully not start if you have other options. Maybe we get a little clarity this weekend, and if he has a blow up game you can try to sell him for a useful piece or hold on and hope that week 1 was just a blip. 

Edited by cookiemonster
  • Like 2

I wouldn't give anything for connor, if I didn't care about life and I wanted to end my fantasy season id get connor. Lesson learned the year bell held out..... No one will give anything of true value, maybe a draft pick for next season if your league allows that, or maybe frank gore or something below that.... Maybe derrius guice, he is the Will Fuller of RBs

Edited by CABLE87

4 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

I wouldn't give anything for connor, if I didn't care about life and I wanted to end my fantasy season id get connor. Lesson learned the year bell held out..... No one will give anything of true value, maybe a draft pick for next season if your league allows that, or maybe frank gore or something below that.... Maybe derrius guice

spacer.png

• Haha 5

This is hands down the worst thread on the forum right now.

Dude is back practicing in full and people are still talking sh*t. If you didn’t get Snell, that’s on you.  

Not sure why everyone hates Conner so much, his injury risk was baked into his ADP.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Dude is back practicing in full and people are still talking sh*t. If you didn’t get Snell, that’s on you.  

Not sure why everyone hates Conner so much, his injury risk was baked into his ADP.

LOL if you think snell is actually a play this week or any day

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Lots of sour grapes from the turd he dropped week 1. Cost a ton of people their first week. People don't forget that quickly. 

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Lots of sour grapes from the turd he dropped week 1. Cost a ton of people their first week. People don't forget that quickly. 

There are turds that can be ignored and then there is the nature of how this turd was laid in week 1. 
since he is back practicing, it’s actually made me more angry about him than less tbh. It seems like it was an attitude issue week 1. 

3 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

LOL if you think snell is actually a play this week or any day

When did I say Snell is a play? All I said is if you didn’t have a backup option w/ Conner’s injury history, that was a calculated risk you decided to take.

Now it seems he’s got a good chance to play at close to full speed, and people are still whining and acting like James Conner just banged their sister.

• Like 3

Regardless , it’s pretty clear that Connor has zero leash. Remains to be seen what happens this weekend but imo he needs a few good games to get some semblance of a leash again. Prepare for the worst if this is a timeshare Monday ..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, screaming_vultures said:

There are turds that can be ignored and then there is the nature of how this turd was laid in week 1. 
since he is back practicing, it’s actually made me more angry about him than less tbh. It seems like it was an attitude issue week 1. 

Bottom line is no one knows what happened Week 1 except Conner & the Steelers coaching staff.  Seems odd to me to bench a “bellcow” for the whole game after possibly mouthing off once.  

If that was the case, I seriously doubt they are going to relegate him to the bench for the rest of the season... and if that’s the case, it was every owner’s decision whether or not to carry Snell.

People need to chill.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

This thread has been incredibly toxic. 70% Of people in here assume he is in a doghouse (which there is no real evidence of) or that he is hurt beyond return (he practiced today in full). People are foaming at the mouth for Benny Snell to be what Conner was 2-3 years ago. Its gross. 

He turned an ankle. All indications were that he would be fine. He was walking around the sidelines after it with minor discomfort. Early word was the Steelers were optimistic. Tomlin said Snell could handle the big role IF Conner wasn't healthy, aka if Conner is healthy he will play. To be honest this Conner thread has made me want to give up on these forums, no one in here knows what they are talking about. 

I'll say it again. Buy low. Buy dirt cheap low. Some people are fed up and clueless. He may be more of an RB3 than an RB2 ROS, and he may miss a few more weeks. But if you are willing to give up on someone after 6 carries (without a preseason) and an ankle tweak you are in the wrong game. 

Edited by Moveless
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, screaming_vultures said:

Regardless , it’s pretty clear that Connor has zero leash. Remains to be seen what happens this weekend but imo he needs a few good games to get some semblance of a leash again. Prepare for the worst if this is a timeshare Monday ..

If it’s an even timeshare, it’ll pretty much be the first time ever for Tomlin.  One of the two backs is gonna get 75% of the touches, which is plenty to produce in Pittsburgh.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

It's not clear he has zero leash. He tweaked his ankle and sat out the rest of the game the steelers had a lead in. 

5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

If it’s an even timeshare, it’ll pretty much be the first time ever for Tomlin.  One of the two backs is gonna get 75% of the touches, which is plenty to produce in Pittsburgh.

I hope this is the case. As a Conner and Snell owner, my biggest fear is that they finally realized Snell can carry the load too and that it might be best to give both RBs opportunities each week, and keep the wear and tear on Conner lower in attempt to keep him on the field on a more consistent basis. Preferably they just choose one and roll with them as a workhorse back.

Buncha salty Snell owners in here. Relax guys yelling at eachother won't produce fantasy points.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Moveless said:

It's not clear he has zero leash. He tweaked his ankle and sat out the rest of the game the steelers had a lead in. 

It sure did heal quickly...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Moveless said:

This thread has been incredibly toxic. 70% Of people in here assume he is in a doghouse (which there is no real evidence of) or that he is hurt beyond return (he practiced today in full). People are foaming at the mouth for Benny Snell to be what Conner was 2-3 years ago. Its gross. 

He turned an ankle. All indications were that he would be fine. He was walking around the sidelines after it with minor discomfort. Early word was the Steelers were optimistic. Tomlin said Snell could handle the big role IF Conner wasn't healthy, aka if Conner is healthy he will play. To be honest this Conner thread has made me want to give up on these forums, no one in here knows what they are talking about. 

I'll say it again. Buy low. Buy dirt cheap low. Some people are fed up and clueless. He may be more of an RB3 than an RB2 ROS, and he may miss a few more weeks. But if you are willing to give up on someone after 6 carries (without a preseason) and an ankle tweak you are in the wrong game. 

Did you watch the game?....Dude was screaming at the sideline, then looking like a possessed devil on the sideline for the rest of the game. With little sign of a limp...

And the comments of the coach saying we will keep the lights on. One doesn't say such things for injuries...

He can come home when he aligns to the team culture and norms i.e. the light. If you lead/manage people the message Tomlin is sending is very.common.....After having AB and Bell, Tomlin has little patience for letting the selfishness of the individual outweigh those of the team.

By not extending Conner, the Steeler's believe that they can win without Conner. If I was them I would transition to those longer term solutions to ensure you were covered for 2021. No way Conner owns this backfield as most assumed. As Snell gets more and more Conner's attitude will get worse and Tomlin wont take this crap again.

Edited by mar1kle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

It sure did heal quickly...

It's an ankle tweak. Ever have one? They aren't multi-week injuries. 

1 minute ago, Moveless said:

It's an ankle tweak. Ever have one? They aren't multi-week injuries. 

Spoiler alert: he didn’t tweak his ankle this time. And I know that’s surprising considering it’s James Conner. 

Edited by JoeJoe88
  • Like 3