Boudewijn

James Conner 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

Did you watch the game?....Dude was screaming at the sideline, then looking like a possessed devil on the sideline for the rest of the game. With little sign of a limp...

And the comments of the coach saying we will keep the lights on. One doesn't say such things for injuries...

He can come home when he aligns to the team culture and norms i.e. the light. If you lead/manage people the message Tomlin is sending is very.common.....After having AB and Bell, Tomlin has little patience for letting the selfishness of the individual outweigh those of the team.

Dude, You are guessing. Like you are. Maybe you want to call it an educated guess to feel better, but it doesn't change that it's all you are doing. Yeah he was probably super fired up in his first game and fired up and frustrated he got hurt in his first game. I've seen LOTS of NFL players react this way. I watched this game. That doesn't mean he is in the doghouse. Leave the light on is to say that hes leaving the door open for him to play next week in different words. 

4 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Spoiler alert: he didn’t tweak his ankle this time. And I know that’s surprising considering it’s James Conner. 

Spoiler alert:

Pittsburgh Steelers running back James Conner suffered a sprained ankle in Monday night's 26-16 win over the New York Giants, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Edited by Moveless
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Moveless said:

Schefter is a tool...No quality control on the information...just focused on getting the "news" out first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Spoiler alert:

Psst, don't believe everything you read on the internet. It's been well-documented by a host of reliable sources that he was not injured on Monday.

• Like 2

Sorry guys. My bad trusting ESPN. I'll come to anonymous Rotoworld forum guessing for my info from now on. According to the last couple days I'm just going to fire up Snell and forget about it. Locked in starter cause Conner is done. lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, owenmills said:

spacer.png

I think its quite obviously james conner lmao. Cable crushed on him in high school but conner didn't reciprocate so now he holds a lifelong vendetta. 

• Haha 1

Just now, cgu112 said:

I think its quite obviously james conner lmao. Cable crushed on him in high school but conner didn't reciprocate so now he holds a lifelong vendetta. 

dude is big mad

• Like 1

Just now, Moveless said:

Sorry guys. My bad trusting ESPN. I'll come to anonymous Rotoworld forum guessing for my info from now on. According to the last couple days I'm just going to fire up Snell and forget about it. Locked in starter cause Conner is done. lol. 

You really going to feel confident rolling Conner out there this week? 

Its probably a bit of both honestly. I feel like during the game I remember the sideline report mentioning he got his ankle retaped, he came back in a caught a short screen then gestured/yelled to the sideline and never came back after that

1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

You really going to feel confident rolling Conner out there this week? 

I don't really think there's an iota of safety in starting either Pitt RB this week. I think you could start either one and pray, if you're desperate, but none of us know what the backfield is going to look like this week. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

This is hands down the worst thread on the forum right now.

Dude is back practicing in full and people are still talking sh*t. If you didn’t get Snell, that’s on you.  

Not sure why everyone hates Conner so much, his injury risk was baked into his ADP.

Welcome new guy. That is how most threads work. Connor $#it the bed in week 1 so, the masses are upset. 

27 minutes ago, Moveless said:

Dude, You are guessing. Like you are. Maybe you want to call it an educated guess to feel better, but it doesn't change that it's all you are doing. Yeah he was probably super fired up in his first game and fired up and frustrated he got hurt in his first game. I've seen LOTS of NFL players react this way. I watched this game. That doesn't mean he is in the doghouse. Leave the light on is to say that hes leaving the door open for him to play next week in different words. 

Tomlin is a good person (to a fault sometimes) Very religious and he is forgiving...How he managed put up with AB and Bell required some devine intervention. His light comment was a olive branch if Conner takes the knee...We should get clarity on this before Sunday as this type of news will get the beat writer's attention. They don't know squat about analytics or injuries, but they should be clued into this drama.

Snell has earned more touches. At a minimum Conner's is the receiving back. Line is Steeler's winning this comfortably and a low over under. Assume Conner and Snell split carries and receptions go to Conner. Not a lot of come from behind receptions in store for Conners. And The Broncos stuffed Henry at the GL numerous times. Neither of these guys are Henry. Steeler's score through the air early and cruise using ground game between the 20's and passing TD's and Defense (like Monday night)

Edited by mar1kle
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Psst, don't believe everything you read on the internet. It's been well-documented by a host of reliable sources that he was not injured on Monday.

Where did you get your info from if not from the internet? Did the sources call you up or text you personally?

Whether he was injured or just got benched for mouthing off, it shouldn't really matter going forward. It sucks that you got burned for starting him in week one, but it's one week.

If he was injured, he clearly wasn't injured badly enough to prevent him from practicing this week. That's good news.

If he was benched for something he said during the heat of the moment, that's probably not that big of a deal either. Competitors want to compete. Sometimes they let their emotions get the best of them. If you're a coach you probably want that fire in your players. For all we know, if there even was an issue between Conner and his coaches during the game, he's made his apologies to the coaching staff and he's in their good graces again. We know that just as much as we know he's in the doghouse at all.  

Pitt knows what they have in their running back room. He was named the starter, the "bellcow" back, by Tomlin even knowing that Snell was capable of carrying the ball successfully. You don't lose the starting job in week one after one quarter. Especially not to a guy who fumbled the ball. 

You don't have to start Conner this week, but you don't need to panic after one week either.  

Edited by cookiemonster

17 minutes ago, Moveless said:

Sorry guys. My bad trusting ESPN. I'll come to anonymous Rotoworld forum guessing for my info from now on. 

Or maybe you could watch the game.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

Or maybe you could watch the game.

Two of my top three RBs were in this one. Watched the whole thing friend.

Just now, Moveless said:

Two of my top three RBs were in this one. Watched the whole thing friend.

Where was the injury - how did it happen.

8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Welcome new guy. That is how most threads work. Connor $#it the bed in week 1 so, the masses are upset. 

Ha, “new guy.”  

I’ve been here for 7 years... seems like the bi*ching gets worse every season.  I only mind it because it’s annoying having to sift through all these crybabies in an effort to find some useful discussion.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Its probably a bit of both honestly. I feel like during the game I remember the sideline report mentioning he got his ankle retaped, he came back in a caught a short screen then gestured/yelled to the sideline and never came back after that

yes he tried to put weight on it and limped off. I would love to see a video of him moving around - might have to keep him on the bench until pregame warm ups (if those are still a thing?) but his usage was great. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Where was the injury - how did it happen.

While playing football. When you have high levels of adrenaline pumping through your body you can often roll past a minor injury in the moment. And if you watched the game, Conner was super fired up. He then got his ankle worked on and reported as out for his ankle. Like it or not you are in full on conspiracy theory mode. 

Edited by Moveless
  • Haha 1

While playing football. When you have high levels of adrenaline pumping through your body you can often roll past a minor injury in the moment. And if you watched the game, Conner was super fired up. He then got his ankle worked on and reported as out for his ankle. Like it or not you are in full on conspiracy theory mode. 

You watched the game and didn't see the injury. Sounds similar to my situation.

• Like 1

He's the one player of any consequence that I ended up with.  Not via draft, but a keeper trade, had to take him coming back to make it work.    I was going to try to flip him elsewhere after my draft for just about anything as i really had a bad vibe.   The Tomlin "3 down back" proclamation made me hold off.    Was hoping Snell fell to the free portion of my auction draft but he was sniped with one of the last dollars remaining.  

Edited by BrianM

6 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Here's the video of Conner yelling at the sidelines.

Must’ve twisted his ankle screaming...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Here's the video of Conner yelling at the sidelines.

Not as bad as I imagined. Looks like he's breakdancing. 

• Haha 1