Boudewijn

James Conner 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, jhomes55 said:

Starting David Johnson over Conner. 

Which means Conner is going for 110 yds/2 TDs.

This is such an obvious move. if you have anyone with a reasonable floor, you have to start them over Conner. Snell and Conner, for this week, are nothing but total desperation plays.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jhomes55 said:

Starting David Johnson over Conner. 

Which means Conner is going for 110 yds/2 TDs.

I have to admit, I wasn’t going to start Conner this week but now you’ve forced me to consider it. 

• Haha 3

A lotta wishful thinking in here.

It won't be a committee, but Conner doesn't have the job security many of you think he does.

He's going to have to perform to keep his spot, and that includes not getting dinged up and leaving the game. 

• Like 4

Anyone else think connor was benched for throwing a tantrum and was never hurt?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, philnutz said:

about 60% of the people who have commented in this thread give or take

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, philnutz said:

I don't think Pitt would lie multiple times about an injury to cover for that. Why not just come out and say he was benched for attitude? I think teams are fined if they lie about injuries. 

• Like 1

what are you're guys opinions of him running when he gets the chance to carry the ball. how does he look.

4 minutes ago, brosephd said:

what are you're guys opinions of him running when he gets the chance to carry the ball. how does he look.

There's really nothing to take performance wise from last week. He touched the ball 8 times and on pretty much every touch he was met by defenders almost instantly. Conner is a JAG athletically so he pretty much looked on par with his skill set. Plus I don't fault anyone who didn't come out of the gate roaring in a season with shortened training. Snell ran better but also had better blocking and what seemed like better play-calling. He was also given 19 touches. I'm sure Conner could have broken a 10-20 yarder against the Giants D if he had 13 more rushes as well. So I'd say opinion: TBD.

So this could have been the play that led to JC getting benched. No way can we trust this dude vs Denver. They have a good run defense as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brettg57 said:

So this could have been the play that led to JC getting benched. No way can we trust this dude vs Denver. They have a good run defense as well. 

Could have been. Definitely looked to be upset about the play call or something. But he did play about another 6 plays on this drive and then the following possession as well.

Broncos played 8 men in the box against the Titans, because Henry's doesn't catch much out of the backfield and nobody fears the Titans passing attack. You have to play a little more conservative on defense against the Steelers. Denver doesn't play well from behind so they can't get beat over the top early. I see some holes opening up in the rushing attack.  If Connor gets the majority of the touches against Den, I think we see a double digit fantasy line. But that's the question, will he play the majority of snaps? If he's healthy, why would Tomlin not feed him? He's the lead back. Still think it's a 70/30 split in Conner's favor if he's 100% healthy.

Of course, there is a reason they call this fantasy football.... 

100% can't trust him this week, 80% there was never any injury.  The jury is still out.

2 hours ago, philnutz said:

After he got injured/hurt they took him out for a series or two.  Then he came back in for a play and was limping badly around the field.  He was immediately taken back out.  So either he was faking an injury (would be really stupid of him to do that) or he was actually injured/hurt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

Dont know if he is top 5 RB ROS but if he stays healthy this thread is definitely top 5 ROS. 

Top 20 ROS would be a stretch

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/09/18/james-conner-balky-ankle-heading-in-right-direction/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

“Benny, Jaylen (Samuels), all those guys, they’ve been playing huge so having the ‘starting’ label, I’m not really a selfish guy,” Conner said. “I want to go out there and compete.”

Hmmm...not sure how to interpret this quote lol 🤔

16 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/09/18/james-conner-balky-ankle-heading-in-right-direction/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

“Benny, Jaylen (Samuels), all those guys, they’ve been playing huge so having the ‘starting’ label, I’m not really a selfish guy,” Conner said. “I want to go out there and compete.”

“Snell is ready to be the lead back if necessary.”

I just can’t play either this week.

36 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

tbh this is good. This will go a long way in fixing the 'attitude problems' and gain some leash from Tomlin. 

PS. i dont buy the injury at all. We have all followed football long enough to know that guys dont miraculously recover from a monday night injury by thursday. Usually they would heal up/rest up till Saturday and go in as game time call. Here is a conspiracyy, if he did heal up so quickly, then it maybe PEDs ... 

Edited by screaming_vultures

1 hour ago, kdpat15 said:

Something's going on. 

Where's there's smoke there's fire. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

well its either i start Connor or Mark Ingram ..  gonna just roll the dice with Connor..

why not start both and spend time with the family instead

5 hours ago, WEIL3R said:

After he got injured/hurt they took him out for a series or two.  Then he came back in for a play and was limping badly around the field.  He was immediately taken back out.  So either he was faking an injury (would be really stupid of him to do that) or he was actually injured/hurt.

What are you talking about lol he was never walking around limping badly. Hence the reason everyone's saying where was the injury/he was walking jumping on the sideline waiting to get back in. People even went to the lengths of rewatching the whole game to look for an injury. The only sign of a small injury was when Ben threw him a pass and James had to spin and attempt a catch. He then had a slight slight limp but then the next play took a handoff did a cut and a juke was fine. Lol stop with the tom foolery.

• Like 1