Boudewijn

James Conner 2020 Outlook

12 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

What are you talking about lol he was never walking around limping badly. Hence the reason everyone's saying where was the injury/he was walking jumping on the sideline waiting to get back in. People even went to the lengths of rewatching the whole game to look for an injury. The only sign of a small injury was when Ben threw him a pass and James had to spin and attempt a catch. He then had a slight slight limp but then the next play took a handoff did a cut and a juke was fine. Lol stop with the tom foolery.

here you go, take a look at him after the fake. he can't put weight on his ankle and hops off at the end. he doesn't go back in again.  (40:57)

do ya'll really think the media wouldn't be all over Steelers sideline drama esp with a starting RB? like the rotoworld forums figured it out? so bad 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

The only people starting Conner have zero other options

I have other options. I'm riding with Conner if he's playing and think it's crazy not to. He got hurt. It happens. He's healthy and playing and you have to be incredibly stacked to sit him. Dude was getting a lot of touches in that quarter of football and I would expect that to continue this Sunday.

Tomlin has been a fairly straightforward coach compared to many of his peers, but we're now thinking this is some conspiracy to punish Conner by benching him in the first quarter of a close game? And he'd lie about it with an injury instead of flow of the game kind of excuse? And nobody in the media would catch wind of the real reason? And a player has never got dinged up before and missed the rest of a game but been fine to go next time?

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the obvious answer for a reason. Let's ease up on conspiracy theories.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Tomlin has been a fairly straightforward coach compared to many of his peers, but we're now thinking this is some conspiracy to punish Conner by benching him in the first quarter of a close game? And he'd lie about it with an injury instead of flow of the game kind of excuse? And nobody in the media would catch wind of the real reason? And a player has never got dinged up before and missed the rest of a game but been fine to go next time?

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the obvious answer for a reason. Let's ease up on conspiracy 

For the umpteenth time, the Pitt beat reporters were baffled by the benching and were saying in real time that there was NO injury. Conner never so much as said one word to a trainer after getting taped up. At the time, it was obvious he was disciplined.

If anything is a conspiracy, it's the idea that there was an injury. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

here you go, take a look at him after the fake. he can't put weight on his ankle and hops off at the end. he doesn't go back in again.  (40:57)

do ya'll really think the media wouldn't be all over Steelers sideline drama esp with a starting RB? like the rotoworld forums figured it out? so bad 

Great find!

18 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

For the umpteenth time, the Pitt beat reporters were baffled by the benching and were saying in real time that there was NO injury. Conner never so much as said one word to a trainer after getting taped up. At the time, it was obvious he was disciplined.

If anything is a conspiracy, it's the idea that there was an injury. 

There is no conspiracy. You can clearly see the injury affecting his movement as posted in the video above. Start him or not or maybe start Snell or steer clear of them both. However, there was a clear injury.

1 hour ago, leesanity7 said:

If he’s healthy, you gotta start him.

Have to. And he has to workout, I have him in dynasty. If he has a good week I’m selling!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, leesanity7 said:

If he’s healthy, you gotta start him.

This isn’t Zeke or Saquon we’re talking about here. This is an injury prone player who had a disastrous week one, has a backup who seemed to earn the coaching staff’s trust, with a decimated offensive line, while playing against a defense fresh off limiting Henry to 3.7YPC. If you drafted a team with some capable depth you should be weighing all your options.

• Like 4

At least he was held out of practice on Wednesday with the rest of the valuable starters. That has to be a good sign. Right? 😅

8 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

I have other options. I'm riding with Conner if he's playing and think it's crazy not to. He got hurt. It happens. He's healthy and playing and you have to be incredibly stacked to sit him. Dude was getting a lot of touches in that quarter of football and I would expect that to continue this Sunday.

What are your other options?

3 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

What are your other options?

Chipping in here - I'm Flexing him in my 14-teamer ahead of Dobbins, Moss, Sutton and Goedert. Still playing wait-and-see with Dobbins and Moss, not prepared to risk Sutton, and think I'm just going to take a deep breath and go with Conner unless we hear something new. It's almost a coin flip now. He might be the guy and have a really good game (honestly), he might be essentially benched and get me 2/3pts. I'm just trying not to get too stressed about it.

Flexing J. Robinson over Conner with full confidence that Conner will have a huge day this week, then next week when I plug him back into my lineup he will get “reinjured” (whatever that even means with this dude) in the first quarter.  Robinson has a safer floor with a moderate ceiling.  Conner’s ceiling is much higher and his floor is suffering and despair.

Edited by FeastMode
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Chipping in here - I'm Flexing him in my 14-teamer ahead of Dobbins, Moss, Sutton and Goedert. Still playing wait-and-see with Dobbins and Moss, not prepared to risk Sutton, and think I'm just going to take a deep breath and go with Conner unless we hear something new. It's almost a coin flip now. He might be the guy and have a really good game (honestly), he might be essentially benched and get me 2/3pts. I'm just trying not to get too stressed about it.

As of now Dobbins and Moss are pretty much just goal line backs, sutton isnt very good IMO and hurt, Goedart is a stud but shares volume with Ertz and targets aren't a given....So they they all are risky options. I see your logic: Conner should be the bell cow and the #1 option and get the bulk of the work so ride with him

Edited by phegotgame14

9 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

What are you talking about lol he was never walking around limping badly. Hence the reason everyone's saying where was the injury/he was walking jumping on the sideline waiting to get back in. People even went to the lengths of rewatching the whole game to look for an injury. The only sign of a small injury was when Ben threw him a pass and James had to spin and attempt a catch. He then had a slight slight limp but then the next play took a handoff did a cut and a juke was fine. Lol stop with the tom foolery.

I don’t know what to say. I watched the game. He tried to come back in for a play but was visibly limping badly after he went out for a short pass (but was not targeted). Maybe he stayed in for one more play but my recollection was that he went off after the play where he was limping around after the whistle.

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

In a similar boat and have Z. Moss as an option. I'm actually ranking Z. Moss ahead of Conner due to the matchup with the MIA run D that just got steamrolled by NE. While Moss will probably get a split with Singletary I'm nervous as hell Conner just gets yanked completely at some point or gets re-injured. Also, thinking of flexing a C. Davis over Conner as well.

The whole Conner/Snell situation just reaks of avoid this week. Would love for Tomlin to come out with some kind of positive Conner quote. Don't think it's coming.

• Like 2

Starting Conner over James Robinson in my standard league and Zach Moss and Parris Campbell in PPR.  Not feeling great about it but the possibility of Conner going off on my bench keeps him ahead of the rest for now 

20 minutes ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

Starting Conner over James Robinson in my standard league and Zach Moss and Parris Campbell in PPR.  Not feeling great about it but the possibility of Conner going off on my bench keeps him ahead of the rest for now 

Not sure this is the best way to evaluate the decision which should always come down to risk management. JRob has less volume risk bc there is zero RB competition. For Conner you are banking on historical coaching precedent over innuendos of a phantom injury benching for behavior issues or an actual injury plus a back-up that looked great. 

it’s an easy decision to start a RB with far less qs in my opinion. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

Not sure this is the best way to evaluate the decision which should always come down to risk management. JRob has less volume risk bc there is zero RB competition. For Conner you are banking on historical coaching precedent over innuendos of a phantom injury benching for behavior issues or an actual injury plus a back-up that looked great. 

it’s an easy decision to start a RB with far less qs in my opinion. 

Nah dawg.  I feel it in my nutz.  That’s how I choose 

15 minutes ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

Nah dawg.  I feel it in my nutz.  That’s how I choose 

that's exactly what my 🌰🌰 are telling me 🤷🏻‍♂️

you dont bench a top pick 3 pick on week 2 especially if hes cleared to play 

• Like 1

Just now, dave.zavala89 said:

that's exactly what my 🌰🌰 are telling me 🤷🏻‍♂️

you dont bench a top pick 3 pick on week 2 especially if hes cleared to play 

lol right?  Actually he makes some really good points and I may still change my rosters Sunday morning.  Never know but it seems whichever way I go seems to be the wrong one.  Good luck!

and I actually managed to snag Conner beginning of the fourth in two leagues so I’m not as choked as some about last week.  His draft position seemed to creep way up as we got closer to the season starting 

3 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Too many people sitting him...I expect a big game for this reason

Ah reverse psychology confirmation bias. Never fails only when it does.

• Thanks 1