Boudewijn

James Conner 2020 Outlook

I still have James in my lineup. I am going to start him. He's easy RB2 this week. 

Benched David Johnson. 

Started James Robinson in my flex last night too...

With two fumbles in two games.... are we sure Snell is still the next man up if Conner is injured? 

3 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

With two fumbles in two games.... are we sure Snell is still the next man up if Conner is injured? 

Snell is not special. If Conner goes down, yes, he would be the next man up. However, he's a plodding early down back with ball security issues. Best case it would be a Snell/Samuels split. Worst case, they would sign someone. 

Snell would give you a lot of 15/60 lines. He won't catch passes or break long TD runs, so you'd be praying for goal line TDs every week. 

9 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Its a good question. This time last week many were sure Snell was about to overtake and at least get a healthy split. I think we have to accept we don't know as much as we think we do about Steelers rb hierarchy.

For what it's worth I think Snell is still next man but I think his security in that role is about as risky as conner injury risk. 

Conner is always a question mark, but have to play him when healthy, like Fuller. Hold onto Snell though.  15+ touches, RB2/3 if something happens to this guy again.

51 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Not just fumble. He blew 2 pass protection(1 in his 2nd snap leading to a nasty hit on ben)

And he also drop passes. If conner is hurt i think Jay Samuel would split with snell

Congrats to everyone with enough of a brain to draft a top 5 RB at a 2 or 3 round discount.

RB1. Full stop.

• Like 2

Split of carries is not something you usually see from Tomlin - Conner 18 / Mcfarland, Snell, Samual 14.  I'm a little torn on this as you don't love seeing Snell get goal line carriers but on the other hand the lightened load could allow Conner to be healthy & effective for more of the season. 🤔 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Congrats to everyone with enough of a brain to draft a top 5 RB at a 2 or 3 round discount.

RB1. Full stop.

There's no way in hell he is a top 5 back in anything outside of injuries and even that is a long shot

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

There's no way in hell he is a top 5 back in anything outside of injuries and even that is a long shot

Who are your top 5 healthy RBs going forward. Conner is close.

Regardless, RB1 in all formats. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Split of carries is not something you usually see from Tomlin - Conner 18 / Mcfarland, Snell, Samual 14.  I'm a little torn on this as you don't love seeing Snell get goal line carriers but on the other hand the lightened load could allow Conner to be healthy & effective for more of the season. 🤔 

Yeah, it was interesting... I noticed it as well.  

They ran a ton today though, and if Conner gets 22 touches every game and all the passing work, he’s gonna be an RB1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Who are your top 5 healthy RBs going forward. Conner is close.

Regardless, RB1 in all formats. 

Zeke, Kamara, Cook, Jacobs, Taylor, Henry, Jones, Drake, Carson, CEH, etc etc ect

4 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yeah, it was interesting... I noticed it as well.  

They ran a ton today though, and if Conner gets 22 touches every game and all the passing work, he’s gonna be an RB1.

The lack of a clear cuff concerns me.  Hard to hedge his injury history if we have don't know if it will be Snell or Mcfarland.

4 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Zeke, Kamara, Cook, Jacobs, Taylor, Henry, Jones, Drake, Carson, CEH, etc etc ect

In PPR, I have Conner right there with Carson, Henry, Taylor, Drake, CEH, and honestly ahead of most of those names, but fair. 

• Like 2

I own Conner everywhere. When he's healthy he's very likely to get you a hundy and a TD every game. I also wince at the end of every run in anticipation of him coming up gimpy. That's just the way it is. 

• Like 9

He's an RB1 when healthy, which is why I was OK burning a 3rd round pick on him. That said, he probably does not have a clear handcuff. People were high on Snell after the first game, but I don't think he'd become an RB1 if Conner gets hurt. It would become a committee. 

17 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

The lack of a clear cuff concerns me.  Hard to hedge his injury history if we have don't know if it will be Snell or Mcfarland.

Mcfarland looked quite good yesterday

14 minutes ago, atdharris said:

He's an RB1 when healthy, which is why I was OK burning a 3rd round pick on him. That said, he probably does not have a clear handcuff. People were high on Snell after the first game, but I don't think he'd become an RB1 if Conner gets hurt. It would become a committee. 

When was the last time Pittsburgh actually went with a RB committee?  I can't remember a committee approach lasting for more than an odd game or two in many years.

40 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Mcfarland looked quite good yesterday

He did but Snell still got some run.  Just by watching I would like to say it's Mcfarland, he past the eye test, but are we sure?

18 hours ago, yossarian said:

I own Conner everywhere. When he's healthy he's very likely to get you a hundy and a TD every game. I also wince at the end of every run in anticipation of him coming up gimpy. That's just the way it is. 

As someone who has had Conner as a keeper since he filled in for Bell, this is the truth. 

Edited by noles1983

31 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

He did but Snell still got some run.  Just by watching I would like to say it's Mcfarland, he past the eye test, but are we sure?

Conner owner here who has been hanging onto Snell. Don't see a reason to do that anymore now that McFarland is in the mix. If Conner ever goes down again it's going to be a mess of Samuels, Snell, McFarland.

• Like 1

Remember when all the Steelers insiders said how good Snell looked? LOL. Conner seems to be playing to his draft position. Feels good.