Boudewijn

James Conner 2020 Outlook

12 minutes ago, Everynameistaken said:

If conners goes down I think its gonna be a commitee

My point is, based on eye test, I'm willing to bet McF's will do the most with his touches in a committee. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Snell went for 19/113 (5.9 ypc) Week 1.

Snell went 10/16 (1.6 ypc) with 2 fumbles week 2&3 combined.

1 hour ago, ColoWrex said:

He also blew pass protection, one leading to a big hit on ben.

Ran wrong route and case of dropsies

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

So he's better as a bellcow than as change of pace.

2 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Snell went for 19/113 (5.9 ypc) Week 1.

McFarland was inactive Week 1... likely because he’s a rookie who had a concussion leading up to the game and missed out on a lot of practice time.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

So he's better as a bellcow than as change of pace.

There's no clear cut answer here... and it sucks cuz Conner is fragilee. My chips are in on McF... time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

Edited by ColoWrex

Salvaged an OK day in ppr with the TD but the back field rotation is concerning.  Think I might try to sell this week.

Just now, ColoWrex said:

Salvaged an OK day in ppr with the TD but the back field rotation is concerning.  Think I might try to sell this week.

It wasn't great but he had 15 carries and 3 targets/receptions. On the red zone possession where he scored he got two chances to punch it in from inside the 5. 18 touches isn't too shabby and those are quality touches. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yossarian said:

It wasn't great but he had 15 carries and 3 targets/receptions. On the red zone possession where he scored he got two chances to punch it in from inside the 5. 18 touches isn't too shabby and those are quality touches. 

Tough run d.  Ill take it as an “off” day

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 4:45 PM, ColoWrex said:

Curious what type of value you’d be looking for in return for Conner?

4 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Curious what type of value you’d be looking for in return for Conner?

I have him and have been toying with the idea of moving him. But im not sure that anyone would pay his actual value (low end rb1).  I think our best bet as conner owners is to ride it out. He gets volume, receptions, and goal line work on a good team with a great defense.

What rb could you really upgrade to from conner without giving up a ton in return?  Guys like Jacobs, mixon, sanders.  Are they definitely a step up?  And if so, is it so great to give up another good player?  And I dont think anyone who has an elite rb (kamara, cook, jones) would want to downgrade to conner. Or they would want a low rb1 or wr1 in addition, and once again you are prob better off holding conner and riding it out. 

I suppose you could try to swap him for a top top wr (diggs metcalf or ridley if your lucky) but rbs are so much more valuable, once again its probably better to just hold.  Would u rather play conner and any of the million high upside wr3s like diontae, boyd gallup, etc etc or diggs and a rb3 (chase edmonds, d andre swift)?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cgu112 said:

I have him and have been toying with the idea of moving him. But im not sure that anyone would pay his actual value (low end rb1).  I think our best bet as conner owners is to ride it out. He gets volume, receptions, and goal line work on a good team with a great defense.

What rb could you really upgrade to from conner without giving up a ton in return?  Guys like Jacobs, mixon, sanders.  Are they definitely a step up?  And if so, is it so great to give up another good player?  And I dont think anyone who has an elite rb (kamara, cook, jones) would want to downgrade to conner. Or they would want a low rb1 or wr1 in addition, and once again you are prob better off holding conner and riding it out. 

I suppose you could try to swap him for a top top wr (diggs metcalf or ridley if your lucky) but rbs are so much more valuable, once again its probably better to just hold.  Would u rather play conner and any of the million high upside wr3s like diontae, boyd gallup, etc etc or diggs and a rb3 (chase edmonds, d andre swift)?  

Well, ironically enough, I ended up trading him today in a package deal for Jacobs.  I may regret it, but I like Jacobs’ post-bye outlook with the rest of his offense getting healthy.  I watched a good bit of Conner’s last couple games, and the situational usage of the other backs is starting to worry me a bit (something I never thought would happen with a Tomlin RB, but perhaps they are trying to lighten JC’s load to keep him healthy).

I agree with your assessment though. I would have been content riding it out with him, but I saw an opportunity and pulled the trigger.

For those who have Conner in deeper league are you guys cuffing with McFarland if you have no Snell? 
I mean McFarland looks great. Just saying. Also I missed both in Conner league and not lying I get nervous as Conner owner. 

Edited by Bugs bunny

39 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

For those who have Conner in deeper league are you guys cuffing with McFarland if you have no Snell? 
I mean McFarland looks great. Just saying. Also I missed both in Conner league and not lying I get nervous as Conner owner. 

If I had room for 1 I'd go McFarland because it's the better lottery ticket. If Conner ends up going down and Snell is the next man up I'm just not interested. No work in the passing game and a JAG-ish runner. It's basically Adrian Peterson with more TD potential. I wouldn't want to roll with him weekly. McFarland on the other hand looks more intriguing although it's still questionable how much he'd be used as a receiver. One thing is for certain, there isn't a clear cut next man up on this team. Not like a Minnesota or an Arizona.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nickmo said:

If I had room for 1 I'd go McFarland because it's the better lottery ticket. If Conner ends up going down and Snell is the next man up I'm just not interested. No work in the passing game and a JAG-ish runner. It's basically Adrian Peterson with more TD potential. I wouldn't want to roll with him weekly. McFarland on the other hand looks more intriguing although it's still questionable how much he'd be used as a receiver. One thing is for certain, there isn't a clear cut next man up on this team. Not like a Minnesota or an Arizona.

McFarland is definitely more interesting. Snell is really just a battering ram. I kind of enjoy watching Snell because he's such a old style RB. He plays tough. McFarland is far more skilled. At this point i'm not holding either of them. 

• Like 2

Do we think Chubb is a big step up from Conner when he comes back? 

[...]  The question is if chubb is really a step up from conner and worth the Injury risk/ missed games. 

56 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

[...]  The question is if chubb is really a step up from conner and worth the Injury risk/ missed games. 

Not at least a month's worth of games step up. I doubt Chubb is back until late Nov

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 2:22 PM, cgu112 said:

Chubb is one of the best RBs in the league. He's so underrated for some reason.

On 10/16/2020 at 1:46 AM, Bugs bunny said:

I'm cuffing with Snell. I can't see them giving McFarland more than 10-12 touches. He's built to be an explosive change of pace back and his injury history attests to this. Snell is more of a Conner esque back and would be the one to get 20 touches/goal line work.

I think McFarland needs to put on some weight and muscle before he ever steps into a lead back role.

• Thanks 1

I know we are all waiting for Conner to break, but the dude had been pretty darn solid. I almost sold him twice, but looking at another RB2 with RB1 upside is not bad at all. His bye week is out of the way too! Might have to start plugging him in over Taylor it JRob

1 hour ago, KidDynamite420 said:

Chubb is one of the best RBs in the league. He's so underrated for some reason.

Chubb is underrated because of the recieving work. That's it. People want the duel threat. With the explosion of PPR it makes some sense as to why. I love Chubb in standard. I'd have Chubb over Conner in standard. In PPR I'd value them roughly the same for now once Chubb is back. Conner has a lot of TD upside as well and is scoring weekly. He hasn't been as involved in the passing game but he should get some more there. He really could have some spiked weeks in plus matchups once he gets those 4-5 catch games with the way he's running right now.