Boudewijn

James Conner 2020 Outlook

As great as he has been, he’s had some tough luck. Had a rushing TD called back because of an offensive face mask.

On another series he dove for the pylon but stepped out before he crossed the plane. Next play they run PA and throw to Conner but he couldn’t catch it. Would have been a TD. Next play they put in Snell and he runs in a TD.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

As great as he has been, he’s had some tough luck. Had a rushing TD called back because of an offensive face mask.

On another series he dove for the pylon but stepped out before he crossed the plane. Next play they run PA and throw to Conner but he couldn’t catch it. Would have been a TD. Next play they put in Snell and he runs in a TD.

Yep was painful to watch. Could have been a really nice day. Next week is gonna be tough,  If we could get a stat line like this I’d gladly take it.

This guy is a top 10 RB. Plays for a very good offense which is aided by a great defense. 

On 10/25/2020 at 6:41 PM, fantasymad said:

This guy is a top 10 RB. Plays for a very good offense which is aided by a great defense. 

Yup, he's top 10 in rushing yards despite only really playing 5 games so far. 

RB1 in all formats normally, but how do we feel about him against Baltimore's run D, on the road?

16 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

RB1 in all formats normally, but how do we feel about him against Baltimore's run D, on the road?

Not great.

My expectations are low. Maybe 50 ish rushing yards, hopefully at least 2-3 catches. Hoping to squeek out 10 points and a plunge into the endzone would be gravy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Not great Bob! 

No but I think he will put up a decent line. He gets a ton of touches and should have had 2 tuddies last week. I see a neutral game script. For all the overreaction Week 1 Conner has been rock solid.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Not great.

My expectations are low. Maybe 50 ish rushing yards, hopefully at least 2-3 catches. Hoping to squeek out 10 points and a plunge into the endzone would be gravy.

Yeah I’m expecting low yardage and one TD, although a high chance of vulturing.

Just now, leffe186 said:

Yeah I’m expecting low yardage and one TD, although a high chance of vulturing.

Hoping for that TD or even some increased looks in the passing game. He's yet to really have a blowup game in the air this year. Give us like a 7/50 receiving line and you won't here any complaints from no one.

I'm not that worried about Conner getting injured because I have him handcuffed with Snell.  Conner is better than Snell, but there won't be a huge dropoff.  But I am terrified of a Roethlisberger injury.  The offense ground to a halt without Big Ben last year.

So, I was very upset when Roethlisberger was seen rubbing his elbow on Sunday.  So far, the official story is it was just his funny bone.  I hope this is the truth.

I think I need to find a way to roster Snell.  Especially if this means they will find more work for Conner down the stretch.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I think I need to find a way to roster Snell.  Especially if this means they will find more work for Conner down the stretch.

wait I thought Tomlin hated Conner and the RW forums figured it out by piecing together lip syncs and eye rolls on the sideline 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Why? Would Snell even take over lead back duties anyway with him basically being a 0 in the passing game? Wouldn't McFarland would be the better option if something happened to Connor

That was a weird game. I think you don’t look too much into it. A game where Pittsburgh went in and just expected to win.

For nearly the entire fourth quarter not only did Pittsburgh abandon the run, they didn’t even have a RB on the field. A lot of empty back sets, with Ben throwing. Can’t blame them for it as it seemed to work. I fully expect them to get back to the running game next week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

That was a weird game. I think you don’t look too much into it. A game where Pittsburgh went in and just expected to win.

For nearly the entire fourth quarter not only did Pittsburgh abandon the run, they didn’t even have a RB on the field. A lot of empty back sets, with Ben throwing. Can’t blame them for it as it seemed to work. I fully expect them to get back to the running game next week.

He probably only played 7 snaps the entire second half. 

It wasn't just late in the 4th quarter. The Steelers seemingly played the entire 2and half without Conner seeing the field. Has there been any explanation? I've never seen anything like that. Teams usually keep a RB on the field, even in catch up mode. And the Steelers weren't even that far behind.

One of the weirdest things I've seen in a long time. 

Cautiously optimistic that Conner is still a great play next week against the Bungles.

• Like 1

Throwing up a dud in what should have been a home run matchup hurts. They were showing him on the sideline he didn't look hurt but he certainly didn't look happy.

30 minutes ago, collucho said:

Throwing up a dud in what should have been a home run matchup hurts. They were showing him on the sideline he didn't look hurt but he certainly didn't look happy.

It was just a fluke thing. I don't think we'll see them going down by double digits much. The coaching staff panicked a little and completely abandoned the run. Conner will be back in the mix next week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

It was just a fluke thing. I don't think we'll see them going down by double digits much. The coaching staff panicked a little and completely abandoned the run. Conner will be back in the mix next week. 

perhaps or confirmation the Steelers will phase the running game out completely (as in 100%) when they trail. Haven’t seen it much since they’re undefeated but they’ve done it several times where they go 5-wide and use the short passes as the run game. 

it was also concerning he was losing snaps to dudes who were getting stuffed on short yardage situations, which is Conner’s strength 

2 minutes ago, jimithing11 said:

perhaps or confirmation the Steelers will phase the running game out completely (as in 100%) when they trail. Haven’t seen it much since they’re undefeated but they’ve done it several times where they go 5-wide and use the short passes as the run game. 

it was also concerning he was losing snaps to dudes who were getting stuffed on short yardage situations, which is Conner’s strength 

With that defense it won't happen too often. But it was unsettling how they had zero runs for like a quarter and a half. Hopefully they can stay out in front most games... 

No idea why they switched to 5 wide and abandoned the run. It's not like they were getting blown out. It worked so hard to find fault. They must have felt like they had the best matchups there.

Yeah, it's not going to be every week. I'm trying to be phlegmatic and just look at it as a chance for him to rest up.

Pittsburgh played with 0 RB sets nearly the entire second half. It wasn't like Conner was benched for Snell. It was likely just a fluke, so I won't panic.