Boudewijn

James Conner 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

As great as he has been, he’s had some tough luck. Had a rushing TD called back because of an offensive face mask.

On another series he dove for the pylon but stepped out before he crossed the plane. Next play they run PA and throw to Conner but he couldn’t catch it. Would have been a TD. Next play they put in Snell and he runs in a TD.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

As great as he has been, he’s had some tough luck. Had a rushing TD called back because of an offensive face mask.

On another series he dove for the pylon but stepped out before he crossed the plane. Next play they run PA and throw to Conner but he couldn’t catch it. Would have been a TD. Next play they put in Snell and he runs in a TD.

Yep was painful to watch. Could have been a really nice day. Next week is gonna be tough,  If we could get a stat line like this I’d gladly take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is a top 10 RB. Plays for a very good offense which is aided by a great defense. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2020 at 6:41 PM, fantasymad said:

This guy is a top 10 RB. Plays for a very good offense which is aided by a great defense. 

 

Yup, he's top 10 in rushing yards despite only really playing 5 games so far. 

RB1 in all formats normally, but how do we feel about him against Baltimore's run D, on the road?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Yup, he's top 10 in rushing yards despite only really playing 5 games so far. 

RB1 in all formats normally, but how do we feel about him against Baltimore's run D, on the road?

 

Not great.

My expectations are low. Maybe 50 ish rushing yards, hopefully at least 2-3 catches. Hoping to squeek out 10 points and a plunge into the endzone would be gravy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Yup, he's top 10 in rushing yards despite only really playing 5 games so far. 

RB1 in all formats normally, but how do we feel about him against Baltimore's run D, on the road?

Not great Bob! 
 

No but I think he will put up a decent line. He gets a ton of touches and should have had 2 tuddies last week. I see a neutral game script. For all the overreaction Week 1 Conner has been rock solid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

 

Not great.

My expectations are low. Maybe 50 ish rushing yards, hopefully at least 2-3 catches. Hoping to squeek out 10 points and a plunge into the endzone would be gravy.


Yeah I’m expecting low yardage and one TD, although a high chance of vulturing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leffe186 said:


Yeah I’m expecting low yardage and one TD, although a high chance of vulturing.

Hoping for that TD or even some increased looks in the passing game. He's yet to really have a blowup game in the air this year. Give us like a 7/50 receiving line and you won't here any complaints from no one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not that worried about Conner getting injured because I have him handcuffed with Snell.  Conner is better than Snell, but there won't be a huge dropoff.  But I am terrified of a Roethlisberger injury.  The offense ground to a halt without Big Ben last year.

So, I was very upset when Roethlisberger was seen rubbing his elbow on Sunday.  So far, the official story is it was just his funny bone.  I hope this is the truth.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I need to find a way to roster Snell.  Especially if this means they will find more work for Conner down the stretch.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I think I need to find a way to roster Snell.  Especially if this means they will find more work for Conner down the stretch.

 

 

wait I thought Tomlin hated Conner and the RW forums figured it out by piecing together lip syncs and eye rolls on the sideline 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I think I need to find a way to roster Snell.  Especially if this means they will find more work for Conner down the stretch.

 

 

Why? Would Snell even take over lead back duties anyway with him basically being a 0 in the passing game? Wouldn't McFarland would be the better option if something happened to Connor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a weird game. I think you don’t look too much into it. A game where Pittsburgh went in and just expected to win.

For nearly the entire fourth quarter not only did Pittsburgh abandon the run, they didn’t even have a RB on the field. A lot of empty back sets, with Ben throwing. Can’t blame them for it as it seemed to work. I fully expect them to get back to the running game next week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

That was a weird game. I think you don’t look too much into it. A game where Pittsburgh went in and just expected to win.

For nearly the entire fourth quarter not only did Pittsburgh abandon the run, they didn’t even have a RB on the field. A lot of empty back sets, with Ben throwing. Can’t blame them for it as it seemed to work. I fully expect them to get back to the running game next week.

He probably only played 7 snaps the entire second half. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't just late in the 4th quarter. The Steelers seemingly played the entire 2and half without Conner seeing the field. Has there been any explanation? I've never seen anything like that. Teams usually keep a RB on the field, even in catch up mode. And the Steelers weren't even that far behind.

One of the weirdest things I've seen in a long time. 

Cautiously optimistic that Conner is still a great play next week against the Bungles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throwing up a dud in what should have been a home run matchup hurts. They were showing him on the sideline he didn't look hurt but he certainly didn't look happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, collucho said:

Throwing up a dud in what should have been a home run matchup hurts. They were showing him on the sideline he didn't look hurt but he certainly didn't look happy.

It was just a fluke thing. I don't think we'll see them going down by double digits much. The coaching staff panicked a little and completely abandoned the run. Conner will be back in the mix next week. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

It was just a fluke thing. I don't think we'll see them going down by double digits much. The coaching staff panicked a little and completely abandoned the run. Conner will be back in the mix next week. 


perhaps or confirmation the Steelers will phase the running game out completely (as in 100%) when they trail. Haven’t seen it much since they’re undefeated but they’ve done it several times where they go 5-wide and use the short passes as the run game. 
 

it was also concerning he was losing snaps to dudes who were getting stuffed on short yardage situations, which is Conner’s strength 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jimithing11 said:


perhaps or confirmation the Steelers will phase the running game out completely (as in 100%) when they trail. Haven’t seen it much since they’re undefeated but they’ve done it several times where they go 5-wide and use the short passes as the run game. 
 

it was also concerning he was losing snaps to dudes who were getting stuffed on short yardage situations, which is Conner’s strength 

With that defense it won't happen too often. But it was unsettling how they had zero runs for like a quarter and a half. Hopefully they can stay out in front most games... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea why they switched to 5 wide and abandoned the run. It's not like they were getting blown out. It worked so hard to find fault. They must have felt like they had the best matchups there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it's not going to be every week. I'm trying to be phlegmatic and just look at it as a chance for him to rest up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pittsburgh played with 0 RB sets nearly the entire second half. It wasn't like Conner was benched for Snell. It was likely just a fluke, so I won't panic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.