Boudewijn

James Conner 2020 Outlook

Screw it. He was on my DND this year after owning him last year. However, if he is available in the 4th round in my 14 team ppr league I’m going to grab him. With the contingency of grabbing Snell in one of the last rounds. 

• Like 1

Conner is undervalued in my mind.

Sure, he's gotten hurt but anyone can get banged up.

The Steelers are getting Big Ben back and have arguably one if not the best D in the league. The offense is going to be more functional this season. That said, I don't think Big Ben will be throwing it all over the lot. They're going to lean on that D more this season and run more behind one of the best offensive lines.

Conner isn't making it out of the third round in most cases. I'm targeting him as my #2 RB in the third and I'm grabbing Snell at some point after round 10.

Done.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 11:58 AM, MyFistYourFace said:

Screw it. He was on my DND this year after owning him last year. However, if he is available in the 4th round in my 14 team ppr league I’m going to grab him. With the contingency of grabbing Snell in one of the last rounds. 

there's any number of reasons ro be down on Conner, but there is no way in hell this cat should be falling to the 4th rd of a 14 team leeg ... that's absurd - don't count on it. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Conner is undervalued in my mind.

Sure, he's gotten hurt but anyone can get banged up.

The Steelers are getting Big Ben back and have arguably one if not the best D in the league. The offense is going to be more functional this season. That said, I don't think Big Ben will be throwing it all over the lot. They're going to lean on that D more this season and run more behind one of the best offensive lines.

Conner isn't making it out of the third round in most cases. I'm targeting him as my #2 RB in the third and I'm grabbing Snell at some point after round 10.

Done.

My concern with Conner is less injury risk (though that's there) and more uncertainty created by Snell, Samuels, and the draft pick McFarland behind him.

Tomlin I think would prefer to ride one back, but does that leash get shorter if he's ineffective or gets banged up?

Anyway, it's pretty much take your pick from Conner, Gurley, DJ, Bell, Carson, Fournette, Gordon, and the Indy rook Taylor.

All are going in that same 3rd/4th range, and all have, to my mind similar levels of uncertainty.  Everyone will have their own pecking order of preference, but I wouldn't blame anyone for just waiting on the last one of them left or skipping the group altogether. 

Yeah I’d buy on Conner. I don’t shy away from RBs because of injury’s. What RBs haven’t been injured? 

The offense should be really good, he doesn’t have much competition for touches, and he is a RB playing behind a great defense.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Anyway, it's pretty much take your pick from Conner, Gurley, DJ, Bell, Carson, Fournette, Gordon, and the Indy rook Taylor.

Yup. Of that group I'm targeting Conner and then Carson. 

Gurley (arthritic knee), DJ (Done?), Bell (garbage in camp/Gore/Gase), Fornette (lame duck), Gordon (Lindsay), and Taylor (Mack) are all DND to me at current ADP.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

Yeah I’d buy on Conner. I don’t shy away from RBs because of injury’s. What RBs haven’t been injured? 

The offense should be really good, he doesn’t have much competition for touches, and he is a RB playing behind a great defense.

I assume you haven’t owned him in the past by asking that question. 

• Like 1

I am seeing him being selected in the mid to late 2nd Rd everywhere now.

It doesn't leave much in the way for profit given capital, but given that group after the 2/3 tier it is pretty justifiable imo.

9 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I am seeing him being selected in the mid to late 2nd Rd everywhere now.

It doesn't leave much in the way for profit given capital, but given that group after the 2/3 tier it is pretty justifiable imo.

Yeah he really is one of the few bell cows after the top tier of guys. Injuries are always a concern, but performance really isn’t. 

14 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Yeah he really is one of the few bell cows after the top tier of guys. Injuries are always a concern, but performance really isn’t. 

If he stays healthy, he should be a low end RB1. He’s going to get 20-25 touches a game on what should be a decent offense. But Pitt will likely be a top 5 defense. Don’t underestimate a RB on a great defensive team.

• Like 1

so i guess we are trying to keep this guy under the radar.. but i see ADP shooting up draft boards lately.. once where i could get him rounds 6-7.. now is going round 3 or 4

is he still a good value say late 3rd early 4th? find myself having to choose between Connor vs Gurley..  tough choice

1 minute ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

so i guess we are trying to keep this guy under the radar.. but i see ADP shooting up draft boards lately.. once where i could get him rounds 6-7.. now is going round 3 or 4

is he still a good value say late 3rd early 4th? find myself having to choose between Connor vs Gurley..  tough choice

Im seeing him going late 2nd in 12 team ppr...wish I could get him in the 3rd

On 8/30/2020 at 10:33 AM, affliction said:

I assume you haven’t owned him in the past by asking that question. 

I assume you don't follow the NFL if you're making that joke. 

Again, Dalvin Cook was "never going to be healthy". Leonard Fournette was "made of glass". Both were huge discounts last year, and both put up RB1 seasons. 

There are very rare situations where a guy is clearly unable to physically hold up to the NFL. CJ Prosise is an example that immediately comes to mind. Conner is a beast of a human, and there's no reason to believe that he physically can't handle the NFL. He's just gotten hurt a few times. It pretty much happens to every NFL RB.

The fact that Conner isn't a consensus RB1 just shows how knee-jerk and short sighted the fantasy community can be. 

round 6-7? what league were you drafting in lol. Connor has been 3rd-4th round adp over the last 2 months

2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Again, Dalvin Cook was "never going to be healthy". Leonard Fournette was "made of glass". Both were huge discounts last year, and both put up RB1 seasons. 

There are very rare situations where a guy is clearly unable to physically hold up to the NFL. CJ Prosise is an example that immediately comes to mind. Conner is a beast of a human, and there's no reason to believe that he physically can't handle the NFL. He's just gotten hurt a few times. It pretty much happens to every NFL RB.

The fact that Conner isn't a consensus RB1 just shows how knee-jerk and short sighted the fantasy community can be. 

No no I get it he survived cancer, he’s a beast of a human etc...

he’s still a bit injury prone

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

No no I get it he survived cancer, he’s a beast of a human etc...

he’s still a bit injury prone

Can you name several established NFL starting RBs who aren't a "bit injury prone"?

Also, BEAST of a human. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/gScPVEcKJ8eWE6Yz9

Edited by ajs723

33 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Can you name several established NFL starting RBs who aren't a "bit injury prone"?

Also, BEAST of a human. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/gScPVEcKJ8eWE6Yz9

Woah the dude is built like a nfl running back

Edited by Chippa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, ajs723 said:

TLDR 

he is more injury prone than your normal back. Draft him if you want thought couldn’t careless. Hope your man crush doesn’t break your heart 

Edited by affliction

2 hours ago, Chippa said:

Woah the dude is built like a nfl running back

Dude has to be Connors family member.  

• Haha 1

Any Conner trades go down in dynasty PPR lately? I was offered a 2021 1st for him. THis dynasty is a start up so who knows what pick it will be, but looking at his roster I am guessing mid or maybe early.

Problem is if I move him I have a RB problem. Start 2 RB + 2 Flex. My only other starters are CMC & CEH. If Ozigbo or Robinson hit I may be ok, but who knows...

4 hours ago, NeverEnough- said:

Any Conner trades go down in dynasty PPR lately? I was offered a 2021 1st for him. THis dynasty is a start up so who knows what pick it will be, but looking at his roster I am guessing mid or maybe early.

Problem is if I move him I have a RB problem. Start 2 RB + 2 Flex. My only other starters are CMC & CEH. If Ozigbo or Robinson hit I may be ok, but who knows...

You should be able to get way more right now and even more around week 4 

• Like 2

If Conner and Ben are healthy all season long, is there anyway he doesn’t finish as a RB1?