Boudewijn

James Conner 2020 Outlook

Drafting Connor late 2nd after watching the rest of the league go on a huge RB run is like punting on 4th and 5 from your own 27 when you're down 4 with 6 and a half minutes left.

You have to do it, obviously, but it doesn't mean you have to like it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Really hope Conner can stay healthy this year.

tenor.gif?itemid=14033258

He's the new liquid metal James Conner. 16 games played in 2020. Only COVID can stop him.

Just now, FitzMagic said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14033258

He's the new liquid metal James Conner. 16 games played in 2020. Only COVID can stop him.

As long as he isn't the Terminator: Genisys James Conner.  That movie gave me eye cancer.

• Haha 2

ya know, i knock "Teflon Tomlin" a ton up on this bored, but, i will give him this: he hitches his wagon to a hoss and rides him 'til the frickin' wheels fall off  - providing, of course, that the hoss in question has exhibited "hoss" qualities previously.

Conner has. 

...and, yesh, the wheels did fall off. 

he's an easy kid to root for, and i wish him a healthy 2020 season ... if he can get in 14 full, he will certainly be a valuable rb1. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ya know, i knock "Teflon Tomlin" a ton up on this bored, but, i will give him this: he hitches his wagon to a hoss and rides him 'til the frickin' wheels fall off  - providing, of course, that the hoss in question has exhibited "hoss" qualities previously.

Conner has. 

...and, yesh, the wheels did fall off. 

he's an easy kid to root for, and i wish him a healthy 2020 season ... if he can get in 14 full, he will certainly be a valuable rb1. 

You watch yo’ mouf ‘bout my boy, Mike Tomlin!

5 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

Really hope Conner can stay healthy this year.

Ugh. Why say this today when I'm drafting tmrw.

ESPN default rankings still have Conner at 45. A layup in round 3. Stay there!

Gotta draft Snell in round 12-13.

• Like 1

Round 3 pick 7 for me in a 10 teamer. Mostert was picked after him, then Drake. I wouldn't take either over him. Injuries are another matter. But any RB cant get hurt. I had Saquon last year and it was tough without him, although he came back and won me the championship late in the season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Wrong sport bud

Got it. He has a James Rodriguez pic on his profile. Figured I'd comment on it since he's one of the best players in the world IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sdlengua said:

Got it. He has a James Rodriguez pic on his profile. Figured I'd comment on it since he's one of the best players in the world IMHO.

And in proper football no less, not handegg. I was one of the people who appreciated your comment :)

• Like 2

what are the projections for week 1 vs Giants?   can anyone see him reaching around 50-60 catches for the year? barring health of course     

big stock in this guy this year... 3 out of 4 teams

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

what are the projections for week 1 vs Giants?   can anyone see him reaching around 50-60 catches for the year? barring health of course     

big stock in this guy this year... 3 out of 4 teams

Get Snell if you haven't already.  Then you should be golden.

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2020 at 8:13 PM, ajs723 said:

I assume you don't follow the NFL if you're making that joke. 

Again, Dalvin Cook was "never going to be healthy". Leonard Fournette was "made of glass". Both were huge discounts last year, and both put up RB1 seasons. 

There are very rare situations where a guy is clearly unable to physically hold up to the NFL. CJ Prosise is an example that immediately comes to mind. Conner is a beast of a human, and there's no reason to believe that he physically can't handle the NFL. He's just gotten hurt a few times. It pretty much happens to every NFL RB.

The fact that Conner isn't a consensus RB1 just shows how knee-jerk and short sighted the fantasy community can be. 

Already playing hurt 😂😂😂😂

24 minutes ago, affliction said:

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, affliction said:

What? He looks fine to me.

Listen kid, congrats on beating cancer, but ya made of jello

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

Listen kid, congrats on beating cancer, but ya made of jello

Cancer treatment takes a lot out of you. I applaud him for beating it, but maybe it has contributed to his propensity for injury.