Boudewijn

James Conner 2020 Outlook

Hate this dude. All the experts were pumping him as a discount RB1 and he gets Wally Pipped in the first half of week 1.  Can’t believe I fell for this fraud again...

• Like 1

thats what is so annoying.. you could not even tell where he got banged up..  He is not even that hurt. Thinking between him getting retaped, arguing with Tomlin and Snell Jr. looking better he just got flat out benched. i want to vomit. I have this guy on 3 out of 5 teams

• Haha 1

I guess there’s a reason he kept falling to me in the 3rd. Should’ve let him gone right by. I’m annoyed. He is soft.

We have start hoping Snell fumbles. I guess we all better pick up Snell if he’s even available.

I'm not going to panic yet. Let's hope it's precautionary. I don't think Conner would get benched the rest of the year for no reason. I guess we'll see. The issue is that while Snell looked good, it's obvious he is not a pass catcher, so neither Snell/Samuels will have great value

3 minutes ago, Klientel said:

Connor just lost his job I doubt you ever see him on the field again unless there is an injury 

I guess the bright side is if you have Snell as well (I sure hope all Conner owners do), then you can still at least get some low end RB2/flex production out of Snell going forward if he takes over the starting role. Honestly I'd rather have that be what's going on rather than Conner legitimately being hurt and then both play and are unstartable options.

2 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

I guess there’s a reason he kept falling to me in the 3rd. Should’ve let him gone right by. I’m annoyed. He is soft.

We have start hoping Snell fumbles. I guess we all better pick up Snell if he’s even available.

will be interesting to see what Tomlin says postgame. Im sure he won't give away much but will be good to see his tone

rationally...what to do. Didnt cuff him and wont drop him. Have to see what the word is this week about what happened and if hes getting his job back? 

4 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

same here all 3 times drafted him (14 teams) he fell to me in the 3rd.. unfortunately Snell is owned in all my leagues already.  

1 minute ago, wuchild97 said:

rationally...what to do. Didnt cuff him and wont drop him. Have to see what the word is this week about what happened and if hes getting his job back? 

He sat the second half. Ignore this sub foaming at the mouth for Snell, the guy they have on their bench, getting the start with conner walking around on the sideline. 

17 minutes ago, LSUtiger said:

Hate this dude. All the experts were pumping him as a discount RB1 and he gets Wally Pipped in the first half of week 1.  Can’t believe I fell for this fraud again...

Same.  The "again" part is what stings the most.  This one is on me...shoudlve known better.

• Like 2

Just now, CletisVanDamme said:

Same.  The "again" part is what stings the most.  This one is on me...shoudlve known better.

How many weeks is Conner missing? Whats his injury? These forums seem to be talking like it's all over. 

4 minutes ago, wuchild97 said:

Do we even know he lost his job? Just because he was walking around on the sidelines doesn't mean he was able to go into the game and take a hit. I think we wait before we start panicking or talking about dropping him. 

I got him in one league, but don't have Snell. I'm waiver 7 so I'll probably just snag him while the higher point players come off the board. Or just see if he clears waivers because there are plenty of hot pickups this week.

So it begins, guy couldn’t even last 1 freaking game. You’re 100% better off if he doesn’t play. That way you can at least play someone else who has a chance at finishing an entire game. 

3 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

I feel that way now, but in the 4th round, realistically, who was available that had the potential to be a 3 down back? I know all of us are panicking right now, but it may just be that Conner was held out as a precaution and he'll be back next week. 

1 minute ago, Moveless said:

How many weeks is Conner missing? Whats his injury? These forums seem to be talking like it's all over. 

I think the concern here is that after a dropped screen pass that he was verbally frustrated about to the coaching staff, he never touched the field again. No sign of injury at all on that play. And then Snell went on to have a great game. So if Snell just took his job...there's very much reason for concern that it could be over. But I think we should hold off coming to any conclusions until we find out what actually happened.

• Like 1