James Conner 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Conner after seeing Snell's week one stat line

I don’t think I’d describe a cancer survivor who came back to play football a pussy but that’s just me. 

Posted Images

"After the win, coach Mike Tomlin would only say that Conner is being "evaluated."   

- I think is going to be an attitude thing. This week will shed light on what to do going forward. The real cause for concern is that Snell has a 100+ yd game in the bag that PIT can turn to at any moment. not all is lost but 1000% concerned 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, wuchild97 said:

"After the win, coach Mike Tomlin would only say that Conner is being "evaluated."   

- I think is going to be an attitude thing. This week will shed light on what to do going forward. The real cause for concern is that Snell has a 100+ yd game in the bag that PIT can turn to at any moment. not all is lost but 1000% concerned 

You mean 1000% "Conner'ed"? 😂 Two years in a row I got sucked into the Conner trap, and here I am again...in the pit of misery with this guy.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I think the concern here is that after a dropped screen pass that he was verbally frustrated about to the coaching staff, he never touched the field again. No sign of injury at all on that play. And then Snell went on to have a great game. So if Snell just took his job...there's very much reason for concern that it could be over. But I think we should hold off coming to any conclusions until we find out what actually happened.

I think you're on to something here. He yelled something at the sideline and then was yanked, and Snell was more effective so maybe they just decided to stick with him. Not sure they'd lie to the sideline chick about an injury to cover up the real reason though. 

Just now, wuchild97 said:

not just an ankle tweak. Ankle tweak, yelling at coaches, and his backup looked and performed better than he did

agree, I think he let the "unquestioned bellcow talk" get to his head. This was a rude awakening for him.

1 minute ago, wuchild97 said:

not just an ankle tweak. Ankle tweak, yelling at coaches, and his backup looked and performed better than he did

Snell looked good, but Samuels also looked great one game last year and rushed for 100 yards. Snell isn't a 3 down back because he is not used in the passing game. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, LionKid90 said:

My guess is he will be day to day. He had his helmet and was moving around on the sideline. My guess is he misses one week at most. Whether they give him the full load, I don’t know.

I am not aboard the "Conner has been benched the rest of the season for having a slow start to the first game of the year" train. I've (unfortunately) owned him for several seasons now, and I've seen backups come in and have big games, but neither Snell nor Samuels offers a dual threat skillset, and Tomlin prefers that for his lead back. 

If he's healthy, he's going to get another shot. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Cost me my week. GD it.

Conner was wayyy too emotional during the game. He kept yelling and stomping his feet. Might have benched him to cool him off

This is what happened. Tomlin had a hissy fit because Conner hurt his feelings. Sucks. No way Conner can be trusted in the near future (so he'll probably go off for 30 points next week).

7 minutes ago, n4sa said:

I never liked this guy ever since his stupid haircut in 2018.

DmquYNXXcAEB_DS.jpg

This post would have been helpful before some of us drafted him.  You could have saved us.

• Haha 4