Boudewijn

Jarvis Landry 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Mustangt125 said:

Need him to shred.  Surely the Bengals secondary is crap, right?

William Jackson is their 1, he's good. Their slot corner mackensie alexander is very good. Their other outisde corner Darius phillips is dog trash

so WJ will be on obj. If Landry is in the slot, he has a tough matchup

32 minutes ago, Synyster said:

Anyone firing up tonight? 

I'm rolling him out there really as I lack better options. Not to mention i have guys like DeVante Parker and Crowder and I'm not sure they are going to even play this weekend, so I have to go with the sure thing. If he was healthy I'd feel good about WR2 numbers in this one, but I'm worried he might decoy a bit if hes really not 100%.

Edited by Moveless

If OBJ is traded does his value go up as he ascends to the #1, or down as he is the only legit receiving threat and draws all the attention?

2 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

If OBJ is traded does his value go up as he ascends to the #1, or down as he is the only legit receiving threat and draws all the attention?

I'd say it goes up. Especially if they exclusively run him out of the slot. 

They really should focus on running the ball with those 2 studs in the backfield, and in turn, it will open up the passing game, and landry will eat

in theory

9 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

I personally don't think OBJ being traded would be a positive thing for Landry. The offense is bordering on dumpster fire after 1 week and trading away their #1 WR probably won't pull that ship in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I personally don't think OBJ being traded would be a positive thing for Landry. The offense is bordering on dumpster fire after 1 week and trading away their #1 WR probably won't pull that ship in the right direction.

disagree

3 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Landry's stats were slightly higher last season with OBJ then without in '18. (81/83 receptions, 976/1174 yards, 4/6 TDs) 

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

disagree

Jarvis Landry will never be a #1 alpha WR... I generally subscribe to the idea that the rising tide raises all boats so trading away primary offensive weapons is generally never a good thing unless a guy is stepping directly into a 1-for-1 role. 

5 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Kind of leaning towards agreeing with @Chippa on this one.  You are most likely correct that the Browns offense as a whole would suffer, but I am thinking that Landry individually may benefit.

Now that I'm thinking about it, he would probably just feast on the constant playing from behind/garbage time scripts.

Just now, smeeze said:

Jarvis Landry will never be a #1 alpha WR... I generally subscribe to the idea that the rising tide raises all boats so trading away primary offensive weapons is generally never a good thing unless a guy is stepping directly into a 1-for-1 role. 

they dont need a #1 alpha stud. Good o-line, 2 stud runningbacks(one of which is a top 5 receiving back), 2 talented capable tight ends.

You think the 49ers give a crap about a stud #1 alpha wr? 

Let that backfield feast, and everything else will open up

• Like 1

Just now, Chippa said:

they dont need a #1 alpha stud. Good o-line, 2 stud runningbacks(one of which is a top 5 receiving back), 2 talented capable tight ends.

May be right but they did just lose Njoku to IR and while OBJ hasn't performed to standards, Baker has been horrible. He's not playing the same way he did back in his rookie year which is equally his fault and the Brown's organization in general where QBs go to fade.

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Good points, but you're advocating for 2 different things here, lol. Completely agree on your offensive philosophy for Cleveland, disagree trading OBJ would be a net-positive for Landry.

The Niners had a pseudo stud #1 alpha receiver in Kittle, and their offensive performance last week doesn't really reinforce your point when they had literally no offensive threats behind him.

I’m debating Landry or OBJ. Landry has been the fantasy #1 in that offense for 2+ years now. 

But here’s what concerns me. You got two dumb dumb teams playing on TNF. I highly doubt this is a 31-28 type of game. 

This game reeks of a 20-17 game with a defensive score mixed in. 

being patient with Landry believing that he is slowly being worked in after having surgery. Drafted as a WR2, but currently a WR3 with a low ceiling for now.

Someone tell it will get better?

• Like 2

A run first offense and the addition of Hooper is probably going to make for a pretty meh season. I just hope he stays healthy and I get a few good games out of him.

• Like 1

They didn't have to throw much at all last night so that hurt him a lot. The issue is the amount of snaps that he and OBJ are playing. Used to be in the 90%, but they are now running 12 personel ALOT this year and its more like 70%. I think when they are forced to throw better days will be ahead. 

[ Post removed.  Player threads are not the place to ask for team-specific advice. ]

With the Browns playing a slow, run heavy offense with Baker throwing under 25 attempts makes it really difficult to own Landry at this point. 

Low upside, and now low floor. Agreed that he might be a drop at this point for any high upside WRs on the waiver.

The quintessential buy low. You can basically get him for free. Looks pretty nimble out there for coming back from hip surgery and it was expected he’d come along slowly as he recovers. He even said as much.

They are going to HAVE to throw against DAL and he’s likely to get more targets than OBJ given the coaches conservative style. And Hooper is basically there to just block. 

Not sexy of course but one of the better floor guys to get with bye weeks coming up.