Boudewijn

Jarvis Landry 2020 Outlook

Lousy passing offense - OBJ the main WR but Landry will get enough scraps as a bye week filler....was hoping for more

This is probably the week to start him, playing behind vs DAL

• Like 1

Landry enters drop territory for me if he can’t put up at least 10 points in PPR against the Cowboys this week. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 11:46 AM, Proto24 said:

This is probably the week to start him, playing behind vs DAL

This is what i'm thinking too. I'm going to start him this week and if he puts up less than 10 PPR points I will just rage drop him most likely

Only 30 pass attempts in this game for Baker And Jarvis goes 5/48 (and obviously the TD Pass). 

I understand holding in a deep PPR league but as my WR5 in a non ppr league I am going to move on. 

On 10/5/2020 at 7:24 AM, johnnyboy8102 said:

Only 30 pass attempts in this game for Baker And Jarvis goes 5/48 (and obviously the TD Pass). 

I understand holding in a deep PPR league but as my WR5 in a non ppr league I am going to move on. 

12 teamer 0.25 ppr here. I’m likely moving on as well. I got OBJ. And I need a kicker. 

• Like 1

Hasn’t practiced for 2 days. OBJ was sick and sent home. 

If Landry does play, and OBJ remains sick....does Landry become a nice flex play with upside?

6 hours ago, Tenner said:

Hasn’t practiced for 2 days. OBJ was sick and sent home. 

If Landry does play, and OBJ remains sick....does Landry become a nice flex play with upside?

Minimal upside... he’s basically expensive Danny Amendola imo

4 hours ago, ILuvABGs said:

Thinking about dropping him. Anyone with me?

What's your alternatives? I don't own any shares of Landry but wouldn't hesitate to pick him up if someone dropped him. That's partly a knock on what else is out there and on my team. But it's also because he would make a decent bye week replacement who still has upside to be playable every week again in a good scenario. 

7 hours ago, ILuvABGs said:

Thinking about dropping him. Anyone with me?

I dropped him last week and he still a FA. 12-team 0.25 PPR 

IMO, he is a top 24 FULL ppr wr. Should be getting 10 targets per game and could see A LOT of 8 for 97 yard type games. I would have him in the boyd/anderson/ chark range. Plus look at his playoff schedule 15- Giants 16- Jets

4 minutes ago, TheBridge2011 said:

With OBJ out for the year now, what do you think his upside is? Could be a good Buy Low.

• Like 1

If he eats this week, then heading into the BYE he will be a nice hold or trade candidate.  If he sucks this week, then it will suck to hold him.  Let's see

someone just dropped him, is he worth a roster over some of the lesser known guys with higher upside on the wire? i haven't kept up this season, but with obj out shouldnt he be a target hog?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coleworld7 said:

someone just dropped him, is he worth a roster over some of the lesser known guys with higher upside on the wire? i haven't kept up this season, but with obj out shouldnt he be a target hog?

I'm high on Landry ROS for sure just from target share alone. Also probably getting some good game scripts

Jets, Giants, Jaguars, Texans still on the slate. Philly and Tennessee aren’t outrageous  either. Just the Ravens one signals red flag as Steelers is week 17.

Get the feeling Landry just starting to put the surgery recovery and rib injury behind him. OBJ out makes him the number 1 and Chubb/Hunt means the defense has to factor that in to their scheme. His targets were way up last game too in terrible conditions. 

Expecting a solid second half of the season for Landry.

I’m hopeful he can improve from what he has done to this point especially with OBJ out ROS. However it’s really hard to trust baker mayfield in games he’s not playing the bengals. Statistically he’s been mediocre his entire career in the aforementioned games. That and the powerful running game the browns have point to Landry struggling to be more than a wr3.

Supposed to have high winds again tomorrow, 30+ mph during game time.

I picked him up for a bye week fill in but I'm second guessing now. We saw last time they played what wind did to the offense. The targets were there but the production wasn't.

Great matchup and would be an obvious start, but high winds and they're right on the water front where it'll be windiest makes me nervous about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bangarrang said:

I picked him up for a bye week fill in but I'm second guessing now. We saw last time they played what wind did to the offense. The targets were there but the production wasn't.

Great matchup and would be an obvious start, but high winds and they're right on the water front where it'll be windiest makes me nervous about it.

I am second guessing as well...ugh

3 hours ago, bangarrang said:

I wouldn't be too concerned, especially if you're using him as a bye week filler. He's not a deep route runner and he's the only dependable receiver on the roster. He also had a TD called back that could've went either way and another end zone target that was high and got him smushed between 2 defenders. I wouldn't doubt another 10+ target game with a decent chance for a TD. 

And realistically, who on the waiver has the same potential with less risk?