mocha4313

Dynasty Team Eval After the Spring Flurry of Activity? WHIR 100%

8 Team Dynasty 0.5 PPR

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K

For our league, the rookie draft and the time after the rookie draft (which is one week after the NFL draft typically) is the peak of offseason activity—almost like the winter meetings in baseball. As summer sets in, trading and adding players dwindles until around August when the preseason hype starts to build for fantasy.

With that period coming to an end, I think I have put the finishing touches on my team headed into next year (mostly RB acquisitions) and wanted an opinion.

It won a championship last year but faces stiffer competition this year thanks to trades elsewhere in the league—though in my opinion might be a better team (Tevin Coleman and Billal Powell were by RB2 and RB3 championship week last year)

Team is in Sig and pasted here for mobile users with a before and after version

I went from this right after the season: (which somehow won a championship)

QB: Dak

RB: Zeke, Tevin Coleman

WR: Michael Thomas, OBJ, Kupp

FLEX: Sutton, AJ Brown

TE: Kittle

D- 49ers

K: Boswell

Bench

QB: Daniel Jones, Darnold, Lock

RB: Tarik Cohen, Mattison, Chase Edmonds, Justice Hill, Ryquell Armstead

WR: Gallup, Christian Kirk, Cooks, Diontae Johnson, Anthony Miller, Parris Campbell, Hakeem Butler, Tre’Quan Smith

TE: Hockenson, Goedert, Gesicki

D- Steelers

2020 picks: 1.06, 1.08, 2.08, 3.08

2021 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2022 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

To This: (My Current Team)

QB: Watson

RB: Zeke, Miles Sanders

WR: Michael Thomas, AJ Brown, Sutton

FLEX: McLaurin, Jonathan Taylor

D- Steelers

K: Gould

Bench

QB: Daniel Jones, Darnold

RB: Derrius Guice, Sony Michel, Damien Harris, Tarik Cohen, Nyhiem Hines

WR: Gallup, Diontae Johnson, Denzel Mims, Michael Pittman, Bryan Edwards, Anthony Miller, Parris Campbell, Antonio Gandy Golden

TE: Hockenson, Gesicki

2021 picks: Two 2nds, 4th

2022 picks: 1st, 3rd, 4th

Any areas I should be looking to address in the last part of this period post draft? Or during the season?

I am not sure it’s a contender but think it could contend and maybe even repeat if things go right. Is that fair?

If things go wrong in the fist half of the year, I am not opposed to selling Zeke for a young Akers/Dobbins type back and some pick to get back a first for next season+other picks and maybe even selling MT (though that would be harder to decide than Zeke because of shelf life).

But most likely, I think I am ok with this team going into the season having helped my RB strength tremendously, even at the cost of some WRs and draft picks. Thoughts?

Drop a link and will definitely return the favor in terms of help. 100%

3 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

8 Team Dynasty 0.5 PPR

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K

For our league, the rookie draft and the time after the rookie draft (which is one week after the NFL draft typically) is the peak of offseason activity—almost like the winter meetings in baseball. As summer sets in, trading and adding players dwindles until around August when the preseason hype starts to build for fantasy.

With that period coming to an end, I think I have put the finishing touches on my team headed into next year (mostly RB acquisitions) and wanted an opinion.

It won a championship last year but faces stiffer competition this year thanks to trades elsewhere in the league—though in my opinion might be a better team (Tevin Coleman and Billal Powell were by RB2 and RB3 championship week last year)

Team is in Sig and pasted here for mobile users with a before and after version

I went from this right after the season: (which somehow won a championship)

QB: Dak

RB: Zeke, Tevin Coleman

WR: Michael Thomas, OBJ, Kupp

FLEX: Sutton, AJ Brown

D- 49ers

K: Boswell

Bench

QB: Daniel Jones, Darnold, Lock

RB: Tarik Cohen, Mattison, Chase Edmonds, Justice Hill, Ryquell Armstead

WR: Gallup, Christian Kirk, Cooks, Diontae Johnson, Anthony Miller, Parris Campbell, Hakeem Butler, Tre’Quan Smith

TE: Hockenson, Goedert, Gesicki

D- Steelers

2020 picks: 1.06, 1.08, 2.08, 3.08

2021 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2022 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

To This: (My Current Team)

QB: Watson

RB: Zeke, Miles Sanders

WR: Michael Thomas, AJ Brown, Sutton

FLEX: McLaurin, Jonathan Taylor

D- Steelers

K: Gould

Bench

QB: Daniel Jones, Darnold

RB: Derrius Guice, Sony Michel, Damien Harris, Tarik Cohen, Nyhiem Hines

WR: Gallup, Diontae Johnson, Denzel Mims, Michael Pittman, Bryan Edwards, Anthony Miller, Parris Campbell, Antonio Gandy Golden

TE: Hockenson, Gesicki

Any areas I should be looking to address in the last part of this period post draft? Or during the season?

I am not sure it’s a contender but think it could contend and maybe even repeat if things go right. Is that fair?

If things go wrong in the fist half of the year, I am not opposed to selling Zeke for a young Akers/Dobbins type back and some pick to get back a first for next season+other picks and maybe even selling MT (though that would be harder to decide than Zeke because of shelf life).

But most likely, I think I am ok with this team going into the season having helped my RB strength tremendously, even at the cost of some WRs and draft picks. Thoughts?

Drop a link and will definitely return the favor in terms of help. 100%

You team is pretty damn good, I have never played in a 8 team league so I don't know if all the teams are loaded like yours but I don't see(barring injury) how you won't be in the running again

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

You team is pretty damn good, I have never played in a 8 team league so I don't know if all the teams are loaded like yours but I don't see(barring injury) how you won't be in the running again

You don't think I mortgaged the future to upgrade? I lost my 1st next year as a part of a trade to move up from 1.06 and 1.08 to 1.01 and went JT over CEH (obviously controversial and I went back and forth quite a bit to the point I wasn't sure going into draft day what I would do but figured I could hedge my bets in that CEH being better means my NFL team is a contender for the next 7 years while Taylor being better means my fantasy team is doing better). I lost my 2nd in two years as a part of a package to get Miles Sanders.

I figured my team being young would make it okay to jettison some picks, especially when the players coming back were also young

4 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Looks stacked, but if course this is your weakness now. You won't have much room to trade during the season should disaster strike.

You could float some bench receivers and see if you can gain a 2021 2nd back, for emergencies.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

Looks stacked, but if course this is your weakness now. You won't have much room to trade during the season should disaster strike.

You could float some bench receivers and see if you can gain a 2021 2nd back, for emergencies.

If disaster strikes and I don't hope to contend a quarter of the way through the year, my plan is to sell off Zeke for some kind of package with a young RB, WR and 1st.

I think he is getting to an age and workload accumulation where he is risky to a non contender.

Might float MT if it is a true disaster considering this is Brees's last go but as long as Payton is still there I think MT showed himself to be QB proof last year with Bridgewater and has a skillset I think will age well

Will certainly make an effort on the bench WR angle too in the short run

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

You don't think I mortgaged the future to upgrade? I lost my 1st next year as a part of a trade to move up from 1.06 and 1.08 to 1.01 and went JT over CEH (obviously controversial and I went back and forth quite a bit to the point I wasn't sure going into draft day what I would do but figured I could hedge my bets in that CEH being better means my NFL team is a contender for the next 7 years while Taylor being better means my fantasy team is doing better). I lost my 2nd in two years as a part of a package to get Miles Sanders.

I figured my team being young would make it okay to jettison some picks, especially when the players coming back were also young

You got young players in return but I would definitely 

36 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

do this

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I am pretty sure the ones who would get interest would be rookies. Do you feel comfortable moving rookies before watching them play?

As someone who traded Miles Sanders last preseason then had to pay way more to get him back recently, I am hesitant. 

Gallup might get interest but it feels like a sell low now with his value cut by the Lamb pick. Maybe Diontae though again it feels like I saw his floor with bad QBs and it looked tantalizing.

Hardest thing about dynasty to me is falling in love with players and being unwilling to move them.

Which WR would you shop, ideally, of these? I don't think Campbell and Miller--though I believe them to have upside--would draw much interest. Same for AGG considering I picked him up as a UDFA after our rookie draft or Edwards (if we are talking 2nd round value) considering the 8 team aspect and the fact he fell to me in the late 3rd.

2 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

I am pretty sure the ones who would get interest would be rookies. Do you feel comfortable moving rookies before watching them play?

There's no need to start trading right now, the preseason is long and you drafted early. But during the preseason (and the first couple weeks of the season * ) I'm sure opportunities will emerge. I'm just saying that I think that looking at your team you don't have a problem in 2020, and you can think of trading for the future. Just keep it in mind.

(*) If there is such a thing - but let's be optimistic ;)

• Like 1

My rule of thumb is the shallower the league the more I prioritize top end talent and starting lineups. In an 8 team league most people are going to have a WR1 but having Thomas as your WR1 gives you an advantage. With that in mind;

Dak to Watson is a wash

Coleman to sanders is a big upgrade

OBJ to JT is in my opinion a wash, I know I’m in the minority here but I still think OBJ is a top 5 receiver

Kupp to McLaurin is a big downgrade in the short term

Kickers and Defenses are kickers and defenses so unless your league has some crazy scoring who cares about them.

Bench:

Guice and Michel are nice but they’ll never be more than a bye week/terrible injury luck replacements

Love Bryan Edwards, I think he has an ability to be a top 15 WR so that was a nice pick.

Personally I would rather have your previous team but it’s not like you destroyed your team IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your team is great imo.  I have also never played in an 8 but I would imagine that you need to have top end talent to compete and you have that everywhere.

The only thing I wonder about is your flex position.  Maybe it could be a little stronger in an 8 teamer?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ddam2013 said:

My rule of thumb is the shallower the league the more I prioritize top end talent and starting lineups. In an 8 team league most people are going to have a WR1 but having Thomas as your WR1 gives you an advantage. With that in mind;

Dak to Watson is a wash

Coleman to sanders is a big upgrade

OBJ to JT is in my opinion a wash, I know I’m in the minority here but I still think OBJ is a top 5 receiver

Kupp to McLaurin is a big downgrade in the short term

Kickers and Defenses are kickers and defenses so unless your league has some crazy scoring who cares about them.

Bench:

Guice and Michel are nice but they’ll never be more than a bye week/terrible injury luck replacements

Love Bryan Edwards, I think he has an ability to be a top 15 WR so that was a nice pick.

Personally I would rather have your previous team but it’s not like you destroyed your team IMO.

I just don’t know how 3 RB set of Zeke-Tevin Coleman-Tarik Cohen could have had any chance to repeat

I also think OBJ is a top 5 talent but am unsure that the Browns will let him show it, especially with a new run heavy coach incoming.

The Kupp thing could certainly hurt in the short run, but firgured it was worth some upgrades at RB and bit concerned about Kupp matching up against outside corners now (Rather than slot) with Cooks gone and 2 TE sets used by the Rams

Thanks for the take

I like your team and it is much improved especially in the depth of the RB position.

• Thanks 1