apap414

Help me pick 2 keepers

I have a decision to make here between five players as to who I should keep for our upcoming draft in the late summer.  I will attach round values to each player to help with a decision.  I am struggling a bit to decide which two to go with, but I think I am leaning in a certain direction and would like some input from everyone here.

Odell Beckham - Rd. 1

Ezekiel Elliott - Rd. 2

Leonard Fournette - Rd. 3 

Josh Jacobs - Rd. 5 

AJ Brown - Rd. 16

I am very tempted to keep Jacobs and Brown, but I feel like I have to keep Zeke, right?  What I would love to see happen would be for the 7 teams drafting ahead of me to keep their 1st rd. value players which would allow me to throw back Zeke and grab him at my pick.  Don't know how realistic that is, though...

1 hour ago, apap414 said:

Odell Beckham - Rd. 1

Ezekiel Elliott - Rd. 2

Josh Jacobs - Rd. 5 

AJ Brown - Rd. 16

I'm assuming 12 team, right? Then Fournette is barely a 3rd rounder. It has to be Zeke and Jacobs, although if you could do a third one, you would not ignore AJ Brown.

Any chance you can package Jacobs and Fournette or Elliott and Fournette to a team that has only one stud? Is trading allowed before the keeper deadline?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I'm assuming 12 team, right? Then Fournette is barely a 3rd rounder. It has to be Zeke and Jacobs, although if you could do a third one, you would not ignore AJ Brown.

Any chance you can package Jacobs and Fournette or Elliott and Fournette to a team that has only one stud? Is trading allowed before the keeper deadline?

Yes 12 teams two keepers.  I could definitely do a package deal which I might consider.  I’d have to look around the league again to see who is lacking a quality set of keepers.  

I am kind of hoping though that all of the teams who pick ahead of me in round one keep players there.  That would allow me the best case scenario of Zeke/Jacobs/Brown

• Like 1

Jacobs and Zeke: you can probably get Brown later in the draft: Jacobs is a good value in the 5th

• Like 1

Zeke and AJ Brown for me assuming PPR.

Jacobs is a very nice player but until he gets pass catching work he a RB2 masquerading as an RB1 to me

13 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Jacobs and Zeke: you can probably get Brown later in the draft: Jacobs is a good value in the 5th

2 hours ago, apap414 said:

I have a decision to make here between five players as to who I should keep for our upcoming draft in the late summer.  I will attach round values to each player to help with a decision.  I am struggling a bit to decide which two to go with, but I think I am leaning in a certain direction and would like some input from everyone here.

Odell Beckham - Rd. 1

Ezekiel Elliott - Rd. 2

Josh Jacobs - Rd. 5 

AJ Brown - Rd. 16

I am very tempted to keep Jacobs and Brown, but I feel like I have to keep Zeke, right?  What I would love to see happen would be for the 7 teams drafting ahead of me to keep their 1st rd. value players which would allow me to throw back Zeke and grab him at my pick.  Don't know how realistic that is, though...

I get the positional value on RBs but I just have very little interest in a back who doesn't catch passes in 2020, as good a player as he is.

For a data point to consider, look at last year. Derrick Henry and Nick Chubb are far better players than Austin Ekeler yet he finished ahead of both in full PPR and ahead of Chubb in  half.

Until Jacobs catches passes, he is an RB2 to me and I would say an RB2 in the fifth--while good value--is not as good as a WR2 in the 16th.

Also about the getting Brown later in the draft, I don't know any league where he can be had in the 16th round.

Those two would be my picks.

Help on mine?

• Like 1

Jacobs & AJ Brown easily. You're owning two very young & super high upside players. Who in their very short careers have become fantasy monsters. 

Elliot and Jacobs. 

Elliot probably won’t make it back and you don’t want to give him away. Imagine since just two keepers you will get two other wrs better than Brown and a flex better than Brown. 

• Like 1

You could trade Brown and get a pick. Trade him for a 4th or 5th round pick. Might allow you to get a better TE or QB that you might not have had otherwise. 

• Like 1

No need to overthink it imo, I like Brown and all, but with how the RB position drops off in talent I would certainly keep Elliot and Jacobs at those prices.

• Like 1

I would go with Zeke and Josh Jacobs.

• Like 1

Zeke / Jacobs. Lock up the RBs and throw darts at WRs later

• Like 1